'Sister Wives' Fam -- We're Moving to Nevada!!

1/18/2011 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

"Sister Wives" polygamist Kody Brown is gonna need a whole LOTTA moving trucks ... 'cause the man with 4 wives and 19 kids is moving his entire family out of the state of Utah ... TMZ has learned.

0117_sisterwives_Ex_Getty

Sources close to the Brown's -- all 24 of 'em -- tell us Kody will be moving the gang to Nevada so he and his wives can "explore new job opportunities."

Brown -- who was at the center of the felony bigamy investigation in Utah -- shouldn't face as much scrutiny for his living situation in Nevada ... where cohabitation between a man and his unlicensed "wives" is not a crime.

Brown family attorney Jonathan Turley tells us neither Kody nor his wives have been hit with any charges stemming from the Utah investigation.

As for the move -- we're told the fam should be on the road in the next few days.

Chuck Whitley

They are a bunch of disgusting white hillbilly trash.

Aubrie

Hmmmm....
How is he and his wives affecting any of you in any way?
He does things differently than you in his life so apparently he is bad? Haha wow. So I don't see how he is evil and how his wives are brainwashed. And because this family believes differently than you do its a bad thing? Grow up. If don't like what they do don't watch the show. No one is making yous. And by all means DO NOT become a polygamist, because that would make you much less of a person not worthy of anything at all. Not food, not a loving family, and not accaeptance.
Thats all. :)

Anonymous

Polyandry, polygymy, polyamory, etc...different cultures have different views of these relationships. Live and let live.
One personal observation though...these women are not stupid and only have to deal with a male 25% of the time. It may free up more power, time and resources to the female by only having to deal with a male instead of giving 100% of the attention. One of the wives was running her own business, had a college degree, others choose to go back to school and work, some stayed home. Looks like these women also do what they want to do and are not exactly subservient.

Cozy

I don't agree with polygamy but they didn't ask me. If it works for them, more power to them. The nasty comments about the wives being "cows", "heifers", "fat", "stupid". Shame on you! If we are going to change into a society where gay men can marry and raise children, and lesbian woman can marry and raise children, and demand that the rest of society accept this deviant lifestyle, guess what? We are going to have to accept polygamy too.

Nikkie

ITS THERE LIFE CANT THEY DO WHAT THEY WANT IF THEY R HAPPY LEAVE THEM ALONE

Jan

Wow i never knew so many perfect Christ like people are in the world all with out sin. In whom can judge. Iam so glad that so many folks out among you all are with out sin, so you can judge so freely. May the lord God bless you all

JoeAnn Stephens

Never again -not even 1 husband. 44Years with any man is too much punishment for this life. Anywhoo They seem committed and
reasonably happy. There isn't 1 person out there that couldn't
advantagously best use their time to improve their own life. For gosh
sakes LEAVE THEM ALONE. Besides I enjoy the show.

kathy

ALL I HAVE TO SAY THOSE THAT LIVE IN GLASS HOUSES SHOULD NOT THROW THE FIRST STONE WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE DO YOU KNOW THEM AND WHO THEY REALLY ARE THEY ARE PEOPLE ALSO AND DESERVE THE SAME RESPECT AS ALL OTHERS DO GET A LIFE OF YOUR OWN AND LET THEM LIVE FREE (ARE YOU JEALOSUS CAUSE YOU DONT HAVE YOUR OWN SHOW)

Julie

Ok, I've read most of the comments on this site, and I would like to share a few comments of my own.

Who out there is perfect? Only if you are without sin, do you have the right to throw stones. Whether you believe his lifestyle is right or wrong, you are not the final judge. God is. And if they believe they are following their religious beliefs, and are not hurting your family in any way, why do you have the right to comment negatively on his life, or the wives lives for that matter? Each wife has chosen to be where she is, and he has not married again without their blessing, knowing this will effect them as well.

As for the births of the children, are any of you out there going to lie and tell me that you don't know even one sole who has had a child that hasn't had the state assistance with the cost? It's not like the man doesn't work at all and expects his wives to support him. And who said the state paid for the birth? Have you seen a bill showing that they applied for assistance? Who says they are even on any kind of assistance at all? I do remember one episode where one of the daughters had surgery and they made a statement saying they are still paying for that bill. He does have insurance at his work. If you want to make statements on here, be sure you know what you are speaking about and have the whole story.

Two wives work, two stay home and take care of the kids. If employers didn't have such bad attitudes about personal lifestyles, there would be 3 wives working, and only one home with kids. At least they aren't having the state pay for childcare services, as we have so many others in the country taking advantage of that by being dishonest about their living arrangements and income. The Browns are being open and honest about who they are, how they provide for their families, and aren't lying to the world anymore.

So, I really hope they read this, and know that I am praying for the results of the investigation to turn out like this:

1. Kody is not a bigamist, as he has not legally married any woman other than Meri Brown.

2. Kody and Meri are adults that have given verbal consent for him to have other women in his life.

3. Due to the government taking Christ out of everything else in our lives, it should be determined that they cannot use what they say the bible dictates is wrong, when they can't acknowledge the bible in any other aspect of human life. (Keep reading the bible, people, as there are many instances where it shows that polygamy was approved by God).

Also, can any of you see inside their home to see more than the rest of us? I see healthy, happy children who like their lives, love their father, and love having other mothers whom they can go to for help or guidance. And I see children who are tired of hiding who they are and want to be. They are not being cohearced to live the lifestyle, they are being taught about God and their religious beliefs, but they are also being told to make their decisions on how they feel, not on what the parents live. Some of the children want the same lifestyle, others want monogomist relationships. And all the parents show the children it is ok whatever decision they make.

Again, whether it is right or wrong in God's eyes, this is not for you to judge. No where on this earth should Kody, Meri, Janelle, Christine or Robyn be judged by you unless you are at the right hand of God and he gives you permission to do so. Can you be judged without sin? Think hard!

Now, one more thing, this country acknowledges the 2nd and 3rd wifes of other cultures and countries, and actually lets them stay in our country without being jailed. Does Kody and his family have to move to another country, become legal residents, and marry there before he can come back to this country to be accepted? Is it so hard for everyone to just accept the fact it is not impossible to love more than one person at a time, and be able to have big families, just as the Lord asked us to do?
God Bless!

Pastor Julie

Janel

I just happened to catch Sister Wives one night and have become fascinated with the family.

Some of the comments above are just plain mean and horrible. Who are we to judge what another person does? And as for the govenment supporting the children of wives #2,3,&---how the hell do you know? Do you have paperwork to prove that they are getting any help of any kind? And so what if they are, there are people in "normal" marriages bilking the system for all they can get.

After watching this show for awhile now, I think they are living lives that work for them. I give them a lot of credit for going publis and chancing public ridicule and the opinions of judgemental jackasses.

Why would the powers that be want to split up this family? The children are all siblings and I can't believe splitting the up would be detrimental to them all and to the wives. They have built a family system that works for them. The children all seem happy and healthy. Why do that to them?

So, my prayers and good luck wishes to out to the whole family. May God bless you in your future endeavors. Everything happens for a reason. God bless.

Great Lakes

I see nothing wrong with what they are doing. They are educating the public as to their type of lifestyle. I see it in a completely different light now. He is a far better husband to FOUR wives than what most husbands are to one wife. I'd settle for a wonderful "part-time" husband over a lousy full time one anytime. He seems likes a very genuine and caring man and those women are lucky to have him as he is lucky to have them.

Jewelz

Kody...I have watched every episode of your TV reality show and Kudos to you and your 4 lovely brides. I think each wife is terrific and wonderful. Your kids are beautiful and seem "very" together. Must be the work of some terrific moms and a wonderful dad. Life is hard for you right now, but, just keep believing and you will be fine..It broke my heart to see you in tears.
I am married... have a wonderful husband, and great kids that look up to their dad with love and respect. I see the same in your kids. I come from a large family and my parents are monogamous. They had 10 kids!!! I grew up feeling sad for friends that only had one or two siblings in their family. None of us were ever bored...at holidays and birthdays, we had such a fantastic time and whenever we had family get togethers..it was the best time! I cannot say enough good things about coming from a large family. So, I can understand how your kids feel. You made that possible for them.
I can see the love and beauty when you are with each of your wives and how so much they are in love with you. So,here is my question to people who are being so negative about your family situation...what exactly is so wrong about your life and living it the way you choose? You are making a lot of people happy (in your family)...you are not hurting anyone else. You really are special Kody and so are your wives. Hang in there..your life is fascinating, loving, warm and beautiful...maybe..just maybe...there are some very jealous people out there wanting exactly what you have...Good luck to your and your family...and one last thing..I would absolutely LOVE for your family to live in my neighborhood..<3

lisa

well I do have to say this....I dont see what is wrong with the way the brown famliy lives! Why cant people just leave them be and let them be happy.There are pleanty of other things in this world that needs tending too besides them! I would love to meet all them and give them my blessings!!

Alissa

All i know is that im disgusted the are in my town, go back to utah. It sounds mean, but it is totally disgusting and wrong in every way.

Jojo

The Brown family in a regular family just more people more people the happier you are and the more fun you have!SO LEAVE THEM ALONE!!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments