The Travoltas -- Puppy Love in the Wake of Tragedy

1/19/2011 4:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

John Travolta and Kelly Preston have two furry and freakin' adorable new family members -- a pair of puppies they got a few months after the family tragically lost two other dogs in a freak accident.

Travolta Dogs

Kelly and daughter Ella Blue picked up male and female Goldendoodles -- Audi and Charlie -- in September of last year.

We're told the Travoltas spent an extra $2,200 to send the litter mates to four weeks of boot camp -- where they learned basic commands ... and the most awesome ability to ring a bell when they need to go potty.

Puppies rule!

0112_canine_kiss_puppy_love_footer

Kay in San Diego

I saw Kelly on a morning program today and she said they had been trying to have another baby for 3 years, way before Jett died. As far as the dogs, when one dies no matter how it happens most people replace them because they are dog lovers. Don't look for the sinister angle in every high profile person.

MM

I hope they know how energetic they are! My Goldendoodle never runs out of energy! They are very sweet though. Great with babies and children.

I agree that if a shelter dog is an option, that is the best way to go. If you must go through a breeder, please do your research first.

Susan

I'm not a pet person but they're cute dogs. I think they're yappers though. I too wish more people would adopt from a shelter but the rich are different in so many ways, lighten up critics.

waffles

I would have liked a public figure like JT to set a good example and get his dogs from a shelter. But if you definitely want a particular breed, a breeder is sometimes the only way to go. You can't always get the breed you want at a shelter even if you wait a long time. I volunteer at a shelter and we get tons of lovable dogs but very few poodles or poodle mixes.

Meg

Who the heck sends their new puppies off for a month to "boot camp?" A trainer would coming to their house would of made more sense but geesh..get off your butt and train your own. If you are too busy to train, then you are too busy for a puppy or two.

Gale

I trained one of my dogs, Maggie, lab mix, to ring the bell to gout too. Better yet, my younger dog Trooper, learned it from Maggie, as welll as my cats Pinky and Frankie. I'm not sure who is the trained one, me or them:)

Tammy

Did she actually give birth to this baby in January or was it a surrogate, the reason why I'm asking is she doesn't look like she's having a baby here and this was in Sept and if I'm correct the baby was born in Jan. You can see her stomach here and it doesn't look like there is a baby there. Just a thought.

TOO SAD

I USED TO LIKE THEM, BUT IT LOOKS LIKE EVERYTHING IS REPLACIBLE TO THEM. SOMETHING DIES... JUST GET A NEW ONE...

Hisjules

test

janet

Congrats...these puppies will be loving all over you espiclly the baby.

Baylee13

So any of you criticizing them for replacing things I assume when you have had a pet die that this is the only pet you will ever own. Also how many of you have had a child die?

BitterKittens

Great site: Google 'stoopid housewives'

weaver@shaw.ca

Lazy bitches, train your own dogs like everyone else!
Hollywood ****!

Rudy

Tammy LM@41: I couldn't have said it better myself. This was an ignorant move on their part and I feel sorry for those puppies. Stupid people with too much money and no common sense.

acorn

TammyML you totally ROCK MY WORD! Thank you so so much. TMZ, shame on you for linking to the kennel.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments