'Sister Wives' Fam -- Break Down in Las Vegas

1/20/2011 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

"Sister Wives" star Kody Brown has officially moved the family to VEGAS, BABY ... baby, wife, wife, wife, wife, kid, kid, kid, kid, kid, kid, kid, kid, kid, kid, kid, kid, kid, kid, kid, kid and kid.

0119_sister_wives_TMZ_composite_getty_EX

TMZ has learned Kody and crew moved into their new temporary rental home in Sin City late Tuesday ... but it wasn't an easy journey.

Average travel time from the Brown's home in Lehi, Utah to Vegas is roughly 6 hours ... but Kody's caravan took 30 HOURS to complete the 397 mile voyage.

We're told the gang was slowed down by "multiple car issues" -- including EIGHT blown tires!!!

As we previously reported -- Kody and the rest of his polygamist family moved to Nevada to "explore new job opportunities" ... but it's unclear what kind of career moves they're looking to make.

Diane

Some people can be so rude! As for Kody & the wives, I am not a polygamist, but I am standing behind you, and think the government should leave you alone, and all the ugly rude people out there, like some of these above people! The bible has stories of some of our prophets and very important people that had more than 1 wife. I don't think so many should be coming against you in case of your lifestyle. I wish my ex would have loved me in the way you love your wives and family. I was thrown away because of a disability. I am here backing you in Georgia!

mike

Kody-
Here is the solution to your problem!!!! Move your dumb ass out, don't uproot your family and you support all of them

Dee

Wow, You ignorant people should drive off a cliff..I live here in Vegas and have one husband and I am happy this way. And so are these people with they're lifestyle...Why would you call anyone a whore...when only a true bastard would talk like that..You negative people need help..Your the ones who make up this town of nuts..(YOU)! Get a damn life and leave this sweet family alone!!!They can live near my home any day...Why don't idiots like you evil people leave Vegas? Sure the hell wish you would!!!!BYE...

Pink Phoenix

I support the browns in all that they! Look at how many men sleep around and have babies here and there and NEVER take care of them we say nothing about that or anything to them!!! Here is this man who is CHOOSING to actually KEEP his family together so he uproots them and moves them. he is a role model dad and husband to each of the ladies! Everyone of them entered into that relationship equally and supported each other throughout it. why is there such a problem with it? they are not whores, they are not bad people for how they choose to live their lives! if people looked in your bedroom what would they say?? People need to put they're noses back on their faces and stop being so freaking judgemental! They are trying to raise a family, their family and there is NOTHING wrong with it!!

Lisa

The smartest thing I have heard is what Kody said about people not understanding what they dont know. The way I see it, if they are happy then let them be. This is no different then any type of relationship that people dont agree with. If these relationships arent hurting you then why judge them. If you dont agree with them, stop watching the show. I feel everyone has a right to be happy...so what's the problem? More power to them and to everyone happy out there. Life is stressfull enough and if you're lucky enough to find someone to share your life with...go for it.

ryan

i love the browns.... they are my role models.. i think we should all have atleast 2-3 wifes.... more power to you kody!!! keep up the good work!!!!!

Kathy Liverman

It's seems obvious that the majority of people posting comments haven't watched the show Sister Wives and are judging this family knowing little about them. I was very surprised when I saw the show to find out how normal this family is. They are a well adjusted, loving family and their lives in no way resemble the typical polygamy marriage you read about. Cody and his families are way more functional than a lot of your "normal" marriages and families. It works for them and I'm happy for them. I guess my point is this: Educate yourself on the subject before you talk about it or share opinions with others. Otherwise, you really don't know what your talking about.

Marie

This family is a loving family following their values and not hurting anyone. Their children are not abused. They are nice and respectful. The law officials should leave them alone and go after the drug dealers, terrorists and real criminals. LEAVE this family alone. I try and not judge other people until I have walked in their shoes. Their lifestyle is different than mine but I respect their judgment and their ability to have a wonderful life.

normally normal

At first I thought,"wow, what a chauvinistic idiot" But after thinking about, these are consenting adults. They have been together for 20 years. He doesn't abuse them or the children, and if they do go on Welfare, so what!!!! I would rather see them get it then some illegal alien.. Leave them alone, they are not hurting anyone.. Their children have accepted their lifestyle and seem to be more stable then some...

Elnoma

Why is everyone so mean? I think they have a beautiful, loving family. Who's business is it how they live their lives as long as the children are loved and cared for nothing else matters. I wish them a warm welcome to my home town of Las Vegas and hope the will be as happy here as I have always been.

Denise Crandall

To say I was horrified at most of what I read, after I read through all of the blog comments, is an understatement.There sure seem to be some really ugly and hateful people in the world, don't there? While I am not a polygamist and do not agree for it for me, I can say, as a teacher, that in today's world, any group of people that can raise their children to be loving and productive and contributing, well adjusted members of society deserve a medal! Many seem to not understand or realize, that the polygamy issue is not about sex! This is a religious issue for them. And it is not entered into lightly or without much thought and prayer(and being a religious decision is not a rationalization either!).....that said, I am sure I will be blasted for all of this, but after reading all the comments that were so hateful and ugly I felt I should share my thoughts too. As for moving to Nevada(not even so much Las Vegas), maybe that should have had some more thought. :) Nevada has super high umemployment...
Again, our country was and is made up of people of many different values and lifestyles, and if people think that this is a brand new lifestyle in this country, then they really need to look closer at our country's history. And I'd not have any issues with the Brown's living next door to me.They'd be more than welcome.

sonja willoughby

If every one would learn to live their own lives, we would not need reality Tv shows with the the world watching. However the population of the US is interested in everyone business except our own. If we paid more time to world politics and less time checking out what our neighbour is doing, man we certainly would be a country to fear... In this world of reality shows how can we compete on a world just by giving a counrty money. Let get rid of the reality show and get back to being a world leader. The networks are paying to much attention to what the senator did under the sheets, instead of what he did in congress...... Think America..... Our world is at hand

kristy

where in las vegas do they live

kristy

where in las vegas do they live

AgustusGloop

The 4th wife with her weepy, "this is not the America I grew up in". What does she mean? Does she think that America doesn't enforce laws?
The kids seem to be well adjusted and normal. That has to be a tribute to their moms because Cody is a creeper. He reminds me of the hot air balloon dad that would do anything for a reality show. If his soul concern is for his wife and kids why did he go on national tv and flaunt his illegal lifestyle? Saying it's to foster tolerance is crap it's to line his pockets.