'American Idol' Judges

Who'd You Rather?

1/20/2011 4:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Last night's "American Idol" premiere made us wonder if Paula Abdul and Simon Cowell were missed or did Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler up the show's game?

0120_idol_paula_lopez0120_idol_simon_tyler

Joan

I get it, different people different judging styles. But REALLY, not one of the judges was able to give these people a dose of reality. I am not suggesting judge them as Simon judged, which in my opinion was overly harsh, but grow some back bone. You were hired to judge these people so stop worrying about destroying a dream and start telling these people the truth. If they can’t handle your truth how are they going to handle the industries “Truth”.

CARIB

They all add or added something to the show. It would have been interesting to see Steven Tyler, Simon Cowell and Jennifer Lopez (I'm on the fence with Randy! I swear, hearing him say "Yo dawg" makes me want to hurl...lol

kpgreene

tyler is a clown who says yes to everyone, and j lo should go back to the block she came from, or at least send some of the money she made with the rat looking guy and the kids photos, back to the block. a judge is supposed to judge not sit there and smile.

jeng in md

I absolutely LOVED Steven Tyler. I am not an Aerosmith fan, but he was enthusiastic and fun. J-Lo was terrific also. Always loved Randy. I did not miss anyone from previous years at all. Rock on American Idol!

debi

watched the show last night with an open mind and found tyler to be a great judge- he was singing & playing along with contestants. he stole the show imo...jennifer will get stronger as the show goes further and she's able to stick to her convictions. i even enjoyed randy's more serious side. this is how the panel should have been all along...more focus on the singing and less joking at the table with each other!

greg

I watched 10 min or so and will not watch again unless something is done about judges. They took a show that was semi serious and turned it into a comedy show and a poor one at that. please go back and soon to some serious people real music people that can really judge and not celebs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beelawheela

Male or female, who would'nt want to suck JLO's *******?
Paula was just a ****ed up skank.

Kate

What a surprise! Tyler was sensational! The group fit like a glove. Simon was sickening, and this is a real positive and entertaining show. I'm glad I tuned in, and now will be a fan of the show.

Clever

DiGuardio, yes I actaully forgot about this "judge" I have to say it's more entertaining with these judges. I feel they bring more to the table.

Peggy

My daughter and I enjoyed last evenings American Idol more than ever. Randy, Jennifer and Steven were a real joy to watch. I never laughed so hard. Jennifer is such a great addition. Seeing it so hard for her to say "no" to begin with, and then asking Randy how he has survived for l0 years was quite a statement at the end of the first taping. Looking forward to more fun! We have been fans forever.

KJI

I'd rather Kim Jong-Il and Sarah Palin
Seems like something they'd both do

Ak

Somebody actually still watches American Idol? Simon and Paula always were the only thing worth watching about that show.

snooki has a weiner

Ha! J Lo.'s new song is friggin AWFUL! listen to it here>>http://www.youtube.com/user/BaddBoyBlanco<... she is still SEXY as a mother fugger though. SNOOKI is a MAN! DAMN THE MAN!

snooki has a weiner

Ha. Ha. J Lo's new Song is fuggin AWFUL!! here>> http://www.youtube.com/user/BaddBoyBlanco<... She is still sexy as a mutha fuga. Snooki is a Man. Damn the MAN.

Bug

Awe...Simon has some program speed cliking that "rather Simon" preference. I thought Steven was so refreshing. Don't take this personal Steven.