TMZ Live: Inside 'American Idol' with Ryan Seacrest!!!

1/20/2011 5:32 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

dentyne-sponsorship
Awesome show today ... Ryan Seacrest called in to talk about Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler's big debut on "American Idol"!!! Plus ... Harvey receives a letter from one of his own idols, the crazy Octomom fetish video, Max and Mike can't seem to agree on anything, Dax loves Dentyne ... and all your questions answered!!!

012011_tmzlive

(0:30) Harvey is beside himself! George Schlatter -- the guy behind "Laugh In" -- wrote Harvey a letter about his "My Way" rendition, saying Frank Sinatra would have loved it ... but also would've had him shot.
(5:30) Ryan Seacrest on the phone!!! And he digs the new TMZ Live setup.
(6:00) Ryan talks about the first time Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez, and Steven Tyler sat down together.
(8:00) Ryan explains trying to rebuild the "Idol" magic with new judges.
(9:15) Ryan says the talent level of the contestants this year is incredible.
(11:15) Harvey makes Ryan judge his "My Way" rendition. Ryan is kind enough not to go all Simon Cowell on him.
(14:09) Seacrest ... out.
(16:25) Octomom's fetish video ... you may wanna avert your eyes.
(23:00) The guy from "Survivor" was arrested ... and the limo ride that followed his release.
(28:48) Max can't stand Octomom ... and then Mike chimes in. These two do not see eye to eye.
(31:00) Dax loves Dentyne gum!

Galiron

About the aids thing remember what aids is and what it does AIDs doenst kill it destroys the immune system so almost anything else sickness wise could kill.

Arturo Figueroa

Von D is both of them put together. Media/Hollywood side she gets from Sandra, and the tattoo and bad girl side she gets from Bombshell. Duh!

Chia

AMEN Max!

Idea, have the guys in the back (from the show) come on. They are frigging funny.

TMZ dont like me

Gotta take Max's side in the Octomom argument....

Margie Becker

Dear Harvey,, I love you and yoru little show, but hate it when you go on vacation, then i don,t watch it when i don,t see you there,, I enjoy the way all yoru young folks there get along it seems like you got a fun place to work,, Now i would like you to tell that blonde boy ( who is kinda cute)) if i was 50 years younger I have to chase him, but he makes me embarressed when he refers to BANGING OMG i put my head under the covers every time he says it,,,,And i love your 3 wise men that stand in the back together they are so cute,, I will be talking to you

ItzAmi

white smoke .. not fire smoke/grey/black

Joseph

Hey guys.

I thought Octo mom looked good.. The Video,, was sick.. but she looked good. Jesse James,,, I have lost any respect for him. I was going to give him a second chance, couse everyon makes mistakes, but how Kate acts, and he said 2010 was happiest year of his life.. Went back too being a loser. I have never seen Jersy Shore. Dont want to. If I wanted to watch a bad impression of a guido, I would watch my cousin vinny. I have not seen the new American Idol yet, but from the descriptions I have heard, sounds great.

Lizzie

MAX IS SOOOOOOOOOO HOT H-O-T !!! Have Charles' Doggie on the show, so smart 'n fluffy 'n cute! Eric's "music" ability IS
terrific!!

CC

No sugar? What do you think SORBITOL, GUM BASE, MALTITOL, MANNITOL, GLYCERIN, ARTIFICIAL AND NATURAL FLAVORING; LESS THAN 2% OF: ACACIA, ACESULFAME POTASSIUM, ASPARTAME, BHT (TO MAINTAIN FRESHNESS), CANDELILLA WAX, SOY LECITHIN, SUCRALOSE AND TITANIUM DIOXIDE
all that stuff is? Cancer.

Sharon

you need to get oovoo /c the skype for phone calls live

ladan

do video Questions

Vicky Lehman

All of the stories amaze me.
Where to begin with the comments?
Octomom that is just freaky!
MJ Estate well it is all about money and was bound to happen!
George Clooney had a rough start to 2011 god knows what else he has?
American Idol that just needs to end!
Gibson saga who really gives a carp!
Sitch's badass black Bentley well good why do the rich think they can park wherever!
Jesse James is officially engaged to his tattooed girlfriend Kat Von D ...well that is just F*&king WRONG!

MJ is the Greatest of all

SHE IS NOT HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OCTOMOM IS A PIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy

Does Lindsey Lohan hate you guys, or would she come on your balcony with you? I think she would if you asked.

engnetworking

Now You Can Track EVERY Move Your Partner, Employee or Child is Making Using Our POWERFUL
Cell-Phone Monitoring Technology!