Katherine Jackson: AEG Was Reckless with MJ's Life

1/21/2011 4:01 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Katherine Jackson has just filed legal docs claiming AEG was well aware ... there were life-threatening activities going down at Michael Jackson's house ... yet the company turned a blind eye.

Katherine Jackson AEG
Katherine is challenging AEG's motion to dismiss the wrongful death lawsuit against the company.

In her docs, Katherine says AEG retained Dr. Conrad Murray for an "exorbitant salary of $150,000 monthly," and in return Murray agreed to "get Jackson to attend rehearsals and perform."

Katherine's lawyers claim it should have been obvious to AEG when Murray requested CPR equipment at MJ's home that "the medical treatments being administered risked stopping Jackson's heart and breathing."

Katherine's lawyer continues, "This is hardly the type of risk expected in an ordinary house visit from a family doctor."

The lawyers claim, "AEG should have known that the course of treatment being administered by Dr. Murray was unorthodox and unsafe."

Tell-Zit

Post #54 WillOTheWisp A.E.G knew what before they hired Dr Murray.Help me understand???

Bill

Fu** the Jackson's. Looking to blame everyone but there self. I wish TMZ would stop posting all this sh** about these low lifes.
Michael is dead,dead,dead,dead. Get over it and move on.

Lee lee

I support Katherine in her efforts to bring about justice for her son Michael's death.

It is not an easy thing to do at her age to have the energy to keep battling with solicitors and the court system, not to mention the organisation behind Michael's death.

She is a loving mother, Michael loved his mother and called her a Saint. So respect that at least.

A 50 year old son such as Michael is difficult to reprimand or advise sometimes. I am sure Katherine said and did what she could but in the end Michael was the master of his own ship.

Michael knew someone was trying to murder him...he wanted us to know that. So keeping that thought firmly in mind we continue to pray for justice for Michael, his family and all those who love him.

Posted at 1:16 PM on Jan 21, 2011 by Annie-I'm-NOT-okay

I agree with your post. Katherine wants answers, What Mother wouldn't??

Kenny did a great job editing THIS IS IT to show Michael is the more "positive moments.

From what I have read, fans, Karen Faye and others saw a Michael who was not well and certainly not ready to do 50 shows!

If THEY could see that, why couldn't anybody else??

I guess they all decided to turn a blind eye for the sake of the almighty dollar.

Go Get em Katherine !

ELA

It is a well known fact that MJ kept his family out of his business. After doing a lot of thinking, It seems to me that MJ was only an addict during the 1993 charges. But an insomniac always. All of the meds found in his house except propofol are used for anxiety & insomnia. The autopsy report supports that theory. I honestly believe the only info the family really had was about his past addictions.
After Ortega's testimony about Murray railing on him for sending MJ home from rehearsals I have got to believe that Murray was getting his orders from AEG, because he clearly wasn't acting in accordance to keeping MJ healthy.
It was MJ's mistake to suggest Murray as his doctor, but he really had no way of knowing how incompetent he was. It seems as if Murray was told to do whatever he had to, to keep MJ happy and to get him to rehearsals, No MATTER WHAT!!!
Once again MJ was betrayed by people he hired and assumed (and rightfully so) to be concerned with his best interests.
Katherine lost her SON!!!!
She was not a perfect mother, but she loved her child and is now charged at 84 to care for his 3 young children because of his death.
She has EVERY RIGHT to sue and I pray she wins!

SallyChi

She's cutting her own throat. Or her attorneys are. She said on Oprah she knew (and Janet too) that he was an addict.

Lulubelle

You were reckless with MJ's life, SUPPOSED MOM!!

wiggitywalsh

someone hacked the vote. Earlier it was 100% not in fault.

tip top

Going by the wording on this, AEG said get him to rehearsal they didn't day drug him or by any means necessary, hopefully Katherine's lawyer have more info than what Harvey is putting out cause if I was a juror this would be a short trial

Annie-I'm-NOT-okay

For Willo and Lee Lee

234. A Mother’s Lament for her Son’s Death by Robert Burns

FATE gave the word, the arrow sped,
And pierc’d my darling’s heart;
And with him all the joys are fled
Life can to me impart.

By cruel hands the sapling drops,
In dust dishonour’d laid;
So fell the pride of all my hopes,
My age’s future shade.

The mother-linnet in the brake
Bewails her ravish’d young;
So I, for my lost darling’s sake,
Lament the live-day long.

Death, oft I’ve feared thy fatal blow.
Now, fond, I bare my breast;
O, do thou kindly lay me low
With him I love, at rest!

Tell-Zit

The Vote was DR Conrad Murray=NOT GUILTY ,,,AEG=NOT GUILTY,,,,SONY=NOT GUILTY,,,,what the heck happen.MJJ FAN CLUB just passed out... call "4help" oh well, they did not show up.Their phone was disconected.They forgot to pay their bills.MJ was in charge of his LIFE,NO ONE FORCED HIM TO DO ANYTHING.

mikey

Katherine Jackson needs to look around a what a hot mess her whole family seems to be. Brothers having babies with same woman.They are brothers and cousins. YUCK MS Jackson. All the Jacksons knew about Michael and drugs and with children,Nasty POS. Lisa Marie said, MJ was like Elvis in that A person would would be removed from their life if they went against them. This loser family only had MJ. Janet got the away it seems. Ill bet MJ is still paying for deadbeat kids of Katherine Jackson.THROUGH Katherine Jackson,also Bet Janet is getting hit up for money now.

Trish

These people should be arrested for abusing the court system. What a sick way of getting fame and fortune.

iknoweverything

MJ was an addict, his family knew, his peers and friends knew. I agree that the doctor was very much in the wrong. He is supposed to be about "helping" not hendering. It was about the ole mighty dollar in this situation; as it is in many like this. Its sad that MJ couldn't get his life straight. He had young children that he was supposed to be an example to and he failed misrebly. I don't understand why this family wants to blame everyone else for his death. HE is to blame, he had a problem and failed to address it. His family looked the other way instead of stepping in and insisting he get help, and if they did; it didn't work. Therefore MJ is to blame. Not some company that was not responsible for babysitting a 50 year old man with a drug problem.

Eleonora49

Michael Jackson is and was an enormous Money making maschine for such a long TIME for so many people. Think all the concerts and Shows he put on Stage. All that Travel. What needed to be done. Any real Bussiness Man or woman can sing a song about The "High Pressure" in any level what Bosses want off you.I had a lot of my ex Bosses Crack under stress.Some one really could of cared for Michael and LOVED him and looked out for him but no one did!! Especialy AEG, they want him to PREFORM and make millions and Billions. They didn't care how he was physicaly and mentaly. Well, Think about how much more they could of made from HIM if he still would be alive today!Michael still makes Money today but Alive he could of Rocked the Bank !!!!!!!And Well even more!!!!!!!!!!!!!Dr Murray is and was working for AEG. So, yes Mrs Jackson, sue the HELL out of them for giving Michael DR.DEATH to care for him !!!