Keith Olbermann --

Fired By MSNBC

1/22/2011 9:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Keith Olbermann was fired by MSNBC sources tell TMZ, and we're told it had everything to do with Comcast's acquisition of NBC.

Keith Olbermann Fired
Sources connected with the network tell us ... Comcast honchos did not like Keith's defiance and the way he played in the sandbox.

Our sources say Keith has around two years left on his contract, and he'll be paid his salary -- around $7 million a year.

We don't know if Comcast will let Keith make a deal with another network as part of an exit agreement, but it's a good bet he'll be benched for a minimum of 6 months, and probably longer.

More Keith Olbermann

CeeManster

Wise up chumps! KO is obviously running for prez in 2012!

t. gourley

Well msnbc ratings should go down at least by 1 , me

Enja

Keith was the greatest. He was smart, funny, and Liberal. I know that is something you people on the Right know nothing about.

marva williams

It's a sad sad day and next week 8pm on msnbc will be difficult. Keith's special commentaries were brilliant and the best. Don't think I can watch any longer since he won't be there, but hope to see him elsewhere real soon.

honeybunny

Hahahaha! This news gives me a chill up my leg!

Yes, I know that was Chris Matthews, one of the many other lame-ass libtard hosts, but they're all the same.

I like Comcast a lot more suddenly.

CeeManster

And he's got at least 14 mil in campaign funds.

Cindy Wilcox

Loved Keith Olbermann..maybe he moved to quickly in his commentary for those slower thinking conservatives. I agree, be will be back!

amsron

This sucks...how am I going to know who the worst person in the world is...other than Comcast, every day and in EVERY way.

mutmeh

Somewhere in Alaska, a bimbo is dancing. I hope a snow machine runs her over.

beachgal

Whoa, censorship.

Patrick Mullen

My wife and I are in a state of shock and sadness over this outrageous development. The MSNBC management will pay for this monumental blunder!

michael macdonald

I'm shocked. He had the best show on the air. His dedication to truth and integrity went beyond party lines. I can't believe those money suckers would get rid of him. Exposure? they fear the truth, lets roll the tape.

ROSCAT

Great........ couldn't wait for this guy to get off the air....! Anyone can feel liberal and idealistic when they have their own 30 million dollar salary..!! It's the rest of us 290 million people that have to really work for a living...and depend on our Govt to do the right thing. The fact is... most people don't like the way Olbermann thinks. We don't like the way Sean penn thinks, danny glover of even Bill Gates..!! Sean is in Haiti, trying to get attention with photos of babies...!! Danny Glover loves Dictators... and Bill Gates wanted a new state income tax...of course this is after he's made his billions. Why don't we make the state inc tax retroactive to 1983 for billionaires and see what he says..!! He also gives generously to Africa...! Hey .. why don't you guys look in your own backyards..!!! Mississippi ... or some of the most poor states in the nation could use your help.... Why AFRICA and not the SOuth..? Kieth...... glad you're gone....!!! You're are really too idealistic and and one sided...>!!!!!!! MSNBC.... GIVE ME A BREAK.... THEY WILL HAVE 3 BLACK guests talking about how society is unfair...!! Not too one sided is it...!! what a relief. ..!!

CGBIMan

Just another piece of human garbage finding its way to the landfill. My child's opinions had more substance than this megaphone of maliciousness. Welcome to even further irrelevance s***bag.

james

just goes to show how SCARED those A******les at comcast are of an actual TRUTH TELLER. FINE. they have NEVER earned a penny from me nor will they EVER. comcast should be shut down for being the media MAFIA that they are... this is a form of RACKETEERING. BOYCOTT COMCAST NOW.......