Keith Olbermann

Abruptly Leaves MSNBC

1/21/2011 11:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Keith Olbermann and MSNBC are going their separate ways ... effective immediately ... the liberal cable host announced tonight in a shocking move.

0121_keith_olbermann_bn_getty
MSNBC issued a statement saying they had ended its contract with Olbermann, who hosted the top rated show on the network.

The statement read in part, "MSNBC thanks Keith for his integral role in MSNBC's success and we wish him well in his future endeavors." A spokesman went on to say that Comcast's acquisition of NBC Universal had nothing to do with the decision.

Olbermann was suspended for two days in November for violating a network rule on political donations.

Lawrence O'Donnell, who hosts a show on the network at 10:00 PM, will fill Olbermann's 8:00 PM slot beginning Monday.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Olivia3100

Keith you are a beacon for the truth and my husband and I will miss you greatly. Best of luck in your next endeavor(s).

MikeP

The "jigs up", they now know HE killed Michael Jackson.

SayWhat

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

gutsygirl

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee! And take Chrissy Matthews with you!!

kimd

This really stinks.There has to be more to the story.Either way it still stinks.

JANDEAN61

THE BRIAN JONESTOWN MASSACRE

frankentit

I live in Tucson and his disgracful comments after the recent shootings here were cynical and stupid. I hope his **** rots off!

kanyeisgay

MSNBC'S success ,ROFLMAO ! Looney Liberal Idiot News Network.

Anne

Such a shame. Keith, you will be missed. Rachel will be the ONLY reason to watch MSNBC now.

It has to be the damn merger.

gutsygirl

I just felt a tingle up my leg.

LongJohn69

C'mon...don't make me laugh, my lips are chapped. He's gonna show them at MESS-NBC and take both of his loyal viewers to some public access channel where he'll attempt to cover Little League. He'll probably do pretty well if he convince them he's qualified.

lynn

Long overdue. Thank God that arrogant ass is finally gone!!!!! Now I will watch msnbc.

Viewer

What the heck. My gosh what is msnbc thinking. What right wing pressures did the wussies suc***b to? It could not be a performance based decision. His show was the only worthwhile serious commentary.

candace

shut up you stupid queens. Keith Olberman is great! I know you care more about mindless crap, but some of us like the truth.

Barb

When do Rachel and Ed leave?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments