« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

WWE Star Denies Involvement in Shooting

1/22/2011 2:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

WWE star The Great Khali has been linked to a shooting in India that happened on Friday -- but the 7 foot superstar tells TMZ he had nothing to do with it.

0122_The_Great_Khali_GETTY_EXD
According to varying reports, a bodyguard working for Khali allegedly fired shots into a crowd and reportedly injured three people (other reports say only one person was injured).

But Khali tells us, "I am deeply saddened to hear of this incident and am disappointed it has been incorrectly reported that I was involved.  I had left my friend's house a half an hour before the reported shooting took place and did not have any bodyguards with me. My thoughts and prayers go out to the people who were injured."

In addition to his wrestling career, Khali had small parts in "The Longest Yard," "Get Smart," and "MacGruber."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Ouroboros

Too much growth hormone is not a good idea. Madonna should take note.

Get it right

True, the man has a unique face. However, I truly wish you guys would use real names somewhere in the post. his last name is not Kahli. He is Dalip Singh Rana and was a world class body builder before trying his hand at pro wrestling.

SD

It was more fun reading some of the comments than the "news" itself! Thanks for the laughs guys!

Julie

Its Jay Leno on steroids.

Darlene

At first glance, I thought this was one of those unscramble games. Scared the sh** out of me.

cementmixer

Why does a 7ft wrestler need a bodyguard. Are wrestlers fake.

Jezzy

I bet that chin's been many places. LOL

Dragonmaker65

This guy and the guy who played Jaws in the James Bond Movies: separated at birth?

Bill Leslie

Optical illusion? Strange visual angle? Something much more horrific? That chin and profile is whack.

ashley

Effing HILARIOUS! I could NOT stop laughing at all these comments, my kid came downstairs to check on me and said, "mom you really shouldn't laugh at him, he's a wrestler" (he's 13 & into wrestling) so he didn't appreciate my outbursts.
Oh well, I did think this was a scamble face though. Ooopsie.

Andre R.

Dalip Singh Rana or "The Great Khali" as he is known in WWE, is actually a very nice man outside of his wrestling persona. He knows his own strength and would never intentionally hurt anyone, and he could very easily, seeing as how he is over seven feet tall and about 420 pounds of mostly muscle.

He debuted in WWE in 2005 as a heel (bad guy) but made a face (good guy) turn in 2008. He has an interpeter who is billed as his brother who speaks for him, as I dont believe he speaks English.

And yeah, hes not the most handsome guy youve ever seen, but i believe him if he said he had nothing to do with the shooting. He is an honorable man who takes good care of himself and I hope he gets through this unfortunate incident soon.

AyeJay

& Heidi Montag thought she had a big chin. lmfao

juaritos

i would dare any of you to make those comments to him in person, he would squash you all like bugs if he wanted to.

boone

I hate to say this but he does look like the moon man from the movie Nightbreed with that chin and forehead

Howard K Fluffenburger

"I don't need no stinkin cup holder"

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments