Jack LaLanne Dead at 96

1/23/2011 11:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Fitness legend Jack LaLanne died of respiratory failure due to pneumonia Sunday afternoon at his home in California. He was 96.

Jack LaLanne Died
LaLanne hosted a popular workout show for several decades, opened a chain of gyms, and created a popular line of juicers.

His agent said he worked out and exercised every day of his life, even up until the end.

0124_remembering_jack_lalanne_footer

David

You're a good man Jack, a true inspiration for a lifetime. RIP.

truth and mercy

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!! REST IN PEACE, YOU HAVE BEEN SUCH A BLESSING TO ME ! SEE YOU IN HEAVEN JACK +

demi

What a LEGEND!! Donkey kicks changed my life!! Thank you Jack!

Dorian

I was flower girl at his daughters wedding to my brother in the 60's. He came to the reception in a bright yellow jumpsuit and was just a vision. His work out studio had an all call attendant so he could go and work out 24/7. His dog happy was such a loving creature. What an inspirational man. He was so good for all of us, and a constant reminder that getting old did not mean (not) being fit or having fun.

Thomas

My mom worked out to his tv show when I was a little kid. 96 healthy years ain't bad.

Big Mamma Cornbread

Jack LaLanne, You will be sorely missed...there were only a few GOOD GUY'S you were definitely one of them...Jack,Taught The Whole World about Health and Fitness...You should have been head of our Heath Care System...Angel Speed..Jack is One in a Million ...A true Star Shinning for us all.

Steve Cain

I grew up watching Jack as a child. even as he got older he kept that remarkable shape and his fitness level was amazing. I am saddened by the loss fo this legend.

admiration

When have you ever seen comments where not one, not a single one, is negative? That is a testament in itself to the man. And indeed, he was one of a kind and will be missed on many levels. Best to the family.

matt

what! Jack will be missed by so many, I'm sure. Everybody in heaven must be exercising now.

John

"I can't die. It would ruin my image." - Jack Lalanne

He is as sound as the dollar. R.I.P. I was looking forward to reading what he had to say when he reached 100. Just another of life's disappointments. "He could and he did." Put that on his headstone.

SSinOC

Sorry he couldn't have made it to a 100+. That pneumonia does in even the healthiest ones. Not sure how to avoid that other than making sure that chest cold doesn't turn into bronchitis? Thanks for the positive influence Jack.

Steena

RIP- You will be missed. You always were a positive force and an inspiration to me!

Annie

RIP I remember watching you as a young child in 19XX...lol. You made me exercise every day I got up that early : ) You will be missed!

fluff

A good man. Rest in peace.

Wanda Stadler

Jack was an amazing person, I use to work out with him on TV. Blessing to Elaine and family. Yes,he will be easy to spot in heaven.