Jack LaLanne's Son -- I'm Taking Over the Family Biz

1/24/2011 3:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jack LaLanne's son says he is ready to carry on the family business ... and will take over his father's role as the company's official ultra-fit spokesperson.

0124_jack_jon_lelane_ex

TMZ spoke with Jon LaLanne (pictured right) -- one of Jack's three children -- who told us, "Though we are saddened by our father's passing, the overwhelming response from fans and the media has made us all feel he is still with us."

Jon added, "I plan to carry on the family business. I will be alongside my mother Elaine, my wife Lora, my brother Dan and my sister Yvonne touring the country preaching my father's common sense approach to a longer and better life."

Jon is an accomplished businessman himself -- running a successful surf board company aptly named "LaLa."

0124_remembering_jack_lalanne_footer

geowhiz

Finally, gets his dream inheritance payout, now he can put it up his nose without his dad finding out.

rhode

I noticed there are still infomercials on with his juicer. And it keeps saying something like, "For Jack's birthday"...Couldn't these has been pulled them the same night he died? Just out of resect they could have at least put a RIP Jack at the end.

Wishes

He looks like a woman!!

acorn

Let the fame-whoring begin. Jack isn't even in the ground--or urn--yet, and Jr. has a publicist. People, can we make it about someone other than ourselves, EVER?

Craig

First in 1955 (age 41) Jack swam from Alcatraz Island to Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco while handcuffed. In 1984 (age 70) while handcuffed, shackled and fighting strong currents, towed 70 rowboats from the Queen’s Way Bridge in the Long Beach Harbor to the Queen Mary for 1 mile. Holy Crap. The dude was SUPERMAN.

S

It absolutely amazes me how much money, celebrities in our country pull down. I am sure Regis is a decent enough guy, but $18-20M a year, you have got to be F ing kidding me, Regis? Come on. How about say $110K per year. No wonder celebrities are so out of touch with the rest of us.

rex kramer

They are going to need two coffins. One for Jack and another one for Jack's testicles, he had balls the size of church bells. Rest in peace. I am sure he will be doing one handed push ups while waiting in line for St. Peter.

Chia

Thank you for pointing out which one Jon was.

I think it is a little soon for this announcement. Brrrrrr

Sir Boo

Jon LaLanne is FINE

Duane

Actually TMZ called him.

Cheekee

I think i heard that his son was 66 yrs old?

Mark

Successfull surfboard company? I have been in the surf industry for over 30 years and not only have I never seen a LaLa surfboard on land or in the water, I have never even HEARD of LaLa surfboards. I have seen John in the water and he cant really surf. Kook!

Steve

Looks like the douche type.

Barbwire

RIP Jack and condolences to family. Your were a real icon and much respected. I loved you and your white German shepherd back in the 60's. Glad you have family to carry on the business you started. You were way ahead of the times always.

Y do he got

Jack was a teen age thug but than went to crackers college..BUT his jail break getaway swims while in cuffs&shackles are some kind of dry wit in yourt face funny with fitness.He was saying I could get away and even tow all of you with me.This drive was with him his whole life..he didn`t like thugs or want to be one and swam away from them his whole life and his under water swim in the 1940`s is LORE and pro stunt man gold.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments