Jack LaLanne's Son -- I'm Taking Over the Family Biz

1/24/2011 3:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jack LaLanne's son says he is ready to carry on the family business ... and will take over his father's role as the company's official ultra-fit spokesperson.

0124_jack_jon_lelane_ex

TMZ spoke with Jon LaLanne (pictured right) -- one of Jack's three children -- who told us, "Though we are saddened by our father's passing, the overwhelming response from fans and the media has made us all feel he is still with us."

Jon added, "I plan to carry on the family business. I will be alongside my mother Elaine, my wife Lora, my brother Dan and my sister Yvonne touring the country preaching my father's common sense approach to a longer and better life."

Jon is an accomplished businessman himself -- running a successful surf board company aptly named "LaLa."

0124_remembering_jack_lalanne_footer

ElisabethIsDisgusting

Pretty tacky comment. Couldn't he have waited until AFTER the funeral before he goes on about the BUSINESS? Revolting.

Lori

Oh My God he looks like a GIANT D O U C H E BAG!

Cut your hair stupid...

sst0026@yahoo.com

RIP Jack! I can see you shaping up the angels in heaven.

DallasB

Wow! Wikipedia and IMDB state Jack LaLanne's son Jon died in a car wreck in the '70s. I guess they really got that wrong...

Kelly

Jack's son looks like "Dog The Bounty Hunter's" love child.

So What

WOW!! I WATCHED HIM WHEN I WAS LITTLE AND I AM 57 NOW. WHAT A GUY, GOD BE WITH YOU MR. JACK LALANNE THE GOOD ONES ALWAYS GO AND LEAVE US SOME MEMORIES TO LOOK BACK ON.

passin thru

all i have to say is...elaine lalane? wow.
what a kicker

Eliza

RIP Jack Lalanne! Jon Lalanne has some big shoes to fill, but with such an inspirational man as a father, I'm sure he can do it. Good for him! Just read this article on Jack Lalanne. What an amazing guy! http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2011/01/jack_lalanne_will_shame_you_wi.html

Rose

Tell that guy to get a hair cut. Geez, he looks like a homeless guy. Pretty soon we'll all be chicks.
I grew up with Jack and I will miss him. What a wonderful American he was.

acorn

Fabio and Dog the Bounty Hunter's lovechild.

GeniuSmartass

Much respect to the late fitness king of the world.
All though I heard he was a juicer :P

Anonymous

Jack was an awesome inspiration. Hope the business continues as his legacy to motivate others. Condolences to the family.

Carvey

Before we start nominating Jack for sainthood please remember that he was arrested twice for drunk driving. His accomplishments speak for themselves but so do his shortcomings.

Frederic M. Douglas

Wow, it would be nice if his son waited for his dad's body got cold before he starts making pronouncements about milking the business end.

Oval Beach

Jack LaLanne was an idiot and a homophobe and I'm hoping that there is a special place in hell for him. Kiss my A** JACK!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments