Jack LaLanne's Son -- I'm Taking Over the Family Biz

1/24/2011 3:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jack LaLanne's son says he is ready to carry on the family business ... and will take over his father's role as the company's official ultra-fit spokesperson.

0124_jack_jon_lelane_ex

TMZ spoke with Jon LaLanne (pictured right) -- one of Jack's three children -- who told us, "Though we are saddened by our father's passing, the overwhelming response from fans and the media has made us all feel he is still with us."

Jon added, "I plan to carry on the family business. I will be alongside my mother Elaine, my wife Lora, my brother Dan and my sister Yvonne touring the country preaching my father's common sense approach to a longer and better life."

Jon is an accomplished businessman himself -- running a successful surf board company aptly named "LaLa."

0124_remembering_jack_lalanne_footer

Star Whacker

Wow!!! That's waaaay to soon to be coming out with that. What an opportunist.

Can hear him now, "Hey, Mom! Get the juicer before rigor mortis sets in. I'll make a fortune selling Jack Juice!" Cha-ching!!!

chicagannie

TMZ - how old is this son?

Olivia Stone

Jack LaLanne’s legacy will live forever. He always believed in his body and never stopped working out, even at age 94! Check out this video of him using his home gym. Amazing.

whocare

Creepy!

Toni

I have watched Jack since I was very young. I love the exercises he did showing that you didn't need expensive equipment to stay fit. He accomplished some amazing feats that were fantastic. He was an amazing and wonderful man. Condolences to his family & friends.

Keawe

Jon LaLanne is a great person. He also happens to make great surfboards. I know because I have a few of them. He lives here in Hawaii part time, and Iʻm lucky enough to call him a friend. Iʻm a long time surfer, and I can honestly say that my Lala surfboard was definitely one of only a few "magic" boards that I have had in my lifetime as a surfer. I loved it so much, I had Jon make one exactly like it for my girlfriend. She loves her board as well. Jon is a super funny guy, and is just as enthusiastic about life and health as his father appeared to be. Though Jon is not towing boats full of people through the ocean by his teeth, he definitely stands out as a great human being. He has an amazing amount of "Aloha", which goes a very long way here in Hawaii. Iʻve read a few nasty comments on here, and felt like I had to say something positive for the man. Jon is a good guy. I wish the best for him, and the rest of the LaLanne family. Mahalo

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4