Oprah Winfrey REVEALS Secret -- I Have a Sister!

1/24/2011 12:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Oprah Winfrey spilled the beans on her big secret today on her show ... she has a long lost sister!

Oprah's Sister
Turns out The Big O has a half-sister named Patricia -- who was put up for adoption at a young age and bounced around foster homes until she was finally adopted at the age of 7. Oprah said her mother Vernita Lee never told her about Patricia.

Oprah, Patricia and her mother were all reunited on the show.

Vernita Lee

0917_oprah_Launch-Footer

Selebraties Suck

This is so LAME compared to the story of the woman who discovereed she had been kidnapped when she was 19 days old and has reunited with her REAL parents.

Caroline

Jesus Christ, people, this is GOOD NEWS -- do you have so much hate in your system that you have to twist everything into a rotten rubber band?

D

I agree with everyone else that said this, it's all about the ratings.

cocoapuff

Oprah this is so wonderful, this is great, this is a blessing! "God does have a bigger dream for us than we have for ourselves".

cregis

To repeat, who cares?

billy cema

Oprah's heavy into secrets. Well, she's heavy, anyway; but, remember a few years back, when the new-age "The Secret" was the thing? So many religious people called it nonsense.

I thought her "miracle of all miracles" was gonna be that she's the scientologist half-sister of Sarah Palin.
Well at least I don't have to tune in to her show.

Just Sayin

Why oh why do we have to keep hearing about this woman's private life, woes, etc.?? Who cares??? Why does she think the public cares that much about her having a sister?? Or her weight??? Or her sad childhood?? Or her Or her zillions of dollars??? Or what she reads???? Retire already and just GO AWAY!

fed up with ignorance

So many of you people need Jesus. I can't believe the types of comments I am reading. Why are some of you people so focused on their weight? I mean really. I guess you all have been on the cover of Vogue magazine. I happy for Oprah and her sister. And if anyone doesn't like it then click away from the story. This does not effect your life so get over it.

Mouse Pad

Confusing. Maybe someone could clarify this. After accidently hitting on the wrong link, I came across this article dated Feb. 2003..."Authorities in New Berlin, Wis., are continuing to investigate the death of Oprah Winfrey's half sister, but police said Saturday it did not appear to have involved foul play.

Waukesha County deputy medical examiner Kristine Klenz said Saturday "there is no obvious cause of death" for Patricia Lee- Lloyd, 43, who was discovered Wednesday by husband Kenny Lloyd in their apartment in suburban Milwaukee. Klenz said it could be two weeks or longer before a cause of death ruling is made.

New Berlin police Lt. David Dunn has said he didn't think there was any type of criminal activity related to the death, though investigators would continue to look into it."

Kathy

Leave it Oprah to use her sister's story as a means for more publicity, and when she is done with the whole thing, sister will get kicked to curb like so many others. She turns my stomach.

Jessie Tasharski

I was so impressed with this show today, as I too have found 2 half brothers and l half sister living in England and Wales. My daughter worked 15 yrs. to find out where and what happened to my real father. From her research Fathers Day turned out to be when I found my father died in Wales
and had two sons, their mother died, and then remarried and I have a half sister!. My daughter & I visited them in Sept. after contacting them (through lots of internet clues. What a beautiful family I have found. They are thrilled too. Half sister planning on coming in Sept. Only problem is I'm going to be 87 in Feb. and wish I were a lot younger.

I know she must be so thrilled because it is a once in a lifetime miracle that we never expected to find and then see.

Jojo

Oh good lord there's two of them !

hahahaha

ITS THE REINCARNATION OF NELL CARTER!!!!!

unknown

Here's a message to Lucie and Desi Arnaz Jr. If Oprah can do they right thing with admitting and meeting her half sister. How about admitting your whole sister. Things happen that we as people tend to not understand why they happen. This is a year of cleansing and beginning of new. Do the right thing!

dtowncraziest

huh she is not ur half sister shes ur sister full bleed