Oprah Winfrey REVEALS Secret -- I Have a Sister!

1/24/2011 12:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Oprah Winfrey spilled the beans on her big secret today on her show ... she has a long lost sister!

Oprah's Sister
Turns out The Big O has a half-sister named Patricia -- who was put up for adoption at a young age and bounced around foster homes until she was finally adopted at the age of 7. Oprah said her mother Vernita Lee never told her about Patricia.

Oprah, Patricia and her mother were all reunited on the show.

Vernita Lee

0917_oprah_Launch-Footer

NotNewsWorthy

I am soooooooooooooooo sick and tired of hearing about OOPAH!!!
Who in the HELL cares that she has a sister not half-sister do your research money bags she is only a half-sister if you have diffrent mothers same mother she is your sister.

kpitre

Who cares...

winsome major

wishing you all the joy and blessing in the world Oprah and sister, may the good LORD bless and keep you toghter for a very long time. Oprah i know hou it feel to find a love one.

Midol

I agree with all those who say Oprah did this to boost her sagging ratings. She is nothing but a FRAUD..snakeoil salesperson.

She has known of this half-sister since last year. Was the loser Gayle King the person trying her best to sabotage Patricia's efforts to contact Oprah? I'll bet you she was!

Patricia said "they wanted to keep it family business" so why now the lame excuse Oprah used about wanting to get it out before the tabloids??? Such double-talkers or jive-talkers! Oprah shows her true ghetto self and did so when she was being interviewed by Pierce Bronson. She said something about "not yelling and screeching" which is a complete lie. She does that all the time as does Wendy Williams...so irritating in these mature women and enought to tune right out.

Loser Gayle King has been promised another show on the OWN channel which was mentioned in the Pierce interview so that will be a big flop just as all the others she's had. Wouldn't you think by now that Oprah and Gayle would realize the public is over them?

Romo

She is not her half sister. They have the same Mother. I beleive that Patricia is set for life. What a wonderful Blessing!

Midol

Oprah also told Pierce that imo she had stolen the title she'd won as a teenager! Miss Tennessee and some other thing that she couldn't have entered had the baby she gave birth to at age 14 lived. She said she cared nothing for this baby and knew "she had a second chance" after it died in the hospital.

Seems like Oprah and her mother have a lot in common when it comes to mothering! And then, there was that sexual abuse at the "school" she started in Africa while DOING NOTHING for the American kids in Chicago!

Patricia appears to have done an excellent job in mothering her two children so imo Oprah could learn PLENTY FROM PATRICIA! Give Patricia a show if she wants it and stay home Oprah and Gayle. Also give Ted William his own show and I hope he is okay after being forced into rehab by the fake Dr. Phil. If anything bad happens, Phil is to blame imo. His butting in was just for ratings as he did with Britney Spears.

Sherms

WHOOOO CARES??? I am so tired of stupid Oprah. Who freaking cares?? Go away already.

marcia

Posted at 1:14 PM on Jan 25, 2011 by Romo
_______________________________________________________________

It doesn't matter that they both came out of the same womb, they are still half since they don't have the same father. They need to share the same parents before being categorized as whole siblings.

clara

Congratulations to all the family, I understand OPHRA'S mother
because somebody force me to give up a child at birth too.

Chris

I have been reading all the comments re Oprah and her "new" half-sister. Frankly, I think Patricia was luckly to have been given away for adoption. She seems to have turned out much better that the other children. Her (Patricia) daughter and son were very nice looking and pleasant. Whoever raised her did a better job that "Mom".

marcia

I don't understand what all the "hoorah" is about. People have half sisters and brothers and step sisters and brothers all over the place. Just look at Maury, people trying to find out who the parents are to these kids.

So what? So the mother gave this child up for adoption. It would have been news had Lady O had a baby and never told. What's the big deal here. And why is it such a secret?

Posted at 10:37 AM on Jan 25, 2011 by Nessa
________________________________________________________________

Yes it's true that people find out about long lost relatives everyday, however it's not everyday they find out they are related to the richest and most powerful woman in the world.

I think Patricia's story is a very nice, heartfelt and surprising one and what better place to tell it than on her famous sister's talk show before the tabloids got a hold of it. You know how the tabloids are, if Patricia were to be seen in different places with Oprah they probably would have been speculating and reporting that O dumped Gayle for some new lover or something silly like that.

Patricia and her children seem as though they are fine, upstanding people, and it looks as though they all have accepted one another with open arms. I wish them all well.

YVETTE BROWN

I IHINK THAT WAS NICE IHAT SHE FINDS OUT SHE HAD A SISTER AND THEY LOOKS ALIKE GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR SISTER I LOVE YOU

anna

that blond surfer looking dude on your show is super super hottt!!

Gerald

Honestly, I can't stand Oprah! don't know why or how she got a talk show in the first place. She made it to the top of the ladder in fame and fortune. Now, we hear she has a half sister, I think that its just a big secret that has been under the rug for years, but it came at a time when it was not good publicity for Oprah. The producers found a time to do this and here we have Oprah's show ratings going throught the roof. She will go out with a bang. Oprah's mother seems to have a bad track record for men and failed relationships. I can't see Oprah even taking the time for a man or even sex with one.

Mary Ford

I too was found by a sister I never knew I had.She is now my best friend. Them meeting on Thanksgiving was inspiring!! I wish them the very best and many,many more thanksgivings together.I'am thankful for my sister.