Oprah Winfrey REVEALS Secret -- I Have a Sister!

1/24/2011 12:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Oprah Winfrey spilled the beans on her big secret today on her show ... she has a long lost sister!

Oprah's Sister
Turns out The Big O has a half-sister named Patricia -- who was put up for adoption at a young age and bounced around foster homes until she was finally adopted at the age of 7. Oprah said her mother Vernita Lee never told her about Patricia.

Oprah, Patricia and her mother were all reunited on the show.

Vernita Lee

0917_oprah_Launch-Footer

wendy

who really cares

Rob

Good for Oprah. I heard she ate the other half of her sister .. and then took "own"ership of it.

richardzamora

Indeed, it was a great story. Good luck to them..

"A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost."(Marion C. Garretty)
~Curtis Johnson Realty

JOSEPH MWADIME WANYIGHA

A family reunion means a lot to our society.Its like bread and honey to a working community based on plans and success.Thanks a lot Winfrey.I wish you all the best with your greatest moment in the family.

annie foxx

Has anyone ever thought of this . . .wonder if she is not as old as what we think , they told her the baby died oprah said she miscarried and in fact she is oprahs daughter?WE NEED MAURY TO DO MOUTH SWAB TO SEE IF OPRAH IS PATRICAS MOTHER !!

renee

This is a nice ending for Pat & her sister oprah what I do not understand is why oprah is calling pat her half sister. boo that is your SISTER that is your mothers daughter so that makes her your sister all day. anytime your mother give birth to a child that will be your full blown sister. if this was your father daughter then that would be your half-sister.

Good luck with your SISTER God bless you!

Nathalie

umm care much?

Midol

I can't understand where these homely women, such as Oprah's mother, Sherri Shepherd and Oprah herself find any man who would even want to kiss them, let alone impregnate them as they are not one bit good looking and seem to be extrememly promiscuous. Patricia is the best looking one out of the whole bunch.

Oprah Winfre is A LIAR IMO just like "Dr. Phil", fake President Barack Obama and his family and how many others of her "discoveries."

Interesting thought that Patricia is really the daughter and not a half-sister but I'm sure I read that the child who died was a boy. No question that Oprah Winfrey was promiscuous as a child and acting out teen. She has LIED about the cir***stances of her upbringing by grossly exaggerating them and fooling people into thinking she was dirt poor.

She STOLE titles away from other black girls, ie. "Miss Tennessee" and whatever the other one was as she stated on Pierce ? (Englishman's talk show) imo. She probably seduced the boy who impregnated her and I don't believe for a minute that she was abused. She is using this, like all else she does to gain sympathy, ratings, power and control and more $$$$.

Oprah Winfrey and her pal Gal have much to hide. Why all the confidentiality agreements, why the efforts to stop her father from publishing a book or whoever it was??

Karma will get Oprah and her enablers and it is happening now. Her ratings and going down and I predict OWN will flop bigtime.

I think that man behind all the reality shows on E should contact Vernon Presley re. a reality show. I think he was a barber and he has lots to tell.

Patricia could indeed be Oprah's daughter and she just lied as she has done about many things. How would Oprah at age 14, in those times, been able to go to a hospital and be admitted without a parent along to sign her in? She told Pierce she was living with her father who never knew she was pregnant as it would be considered shameful and she never would have had a chance to steal the crown from those other women in the pagents.

Let's hear from the others who were in those pagents/contests with Oprah....but now that I think about it, she has probably thought about this and paid them off with lots of her money NOT to speak out and had them sign some of the many confidentiality agreements.

Once a liar, always a liar and liars are nothing but con-artists and not to be trusted.

If Phil had truly wanted to help Ted Williams, it could have been done in private as it should have been and I hope Phil gets cancelled for the harm he has done to Ted Williams imo.

Midol

FYI, just thought that HIPPA laws have been violated by the fake "Dr." Phil and others in the media for #1) disclosing the fact that Ted Williams was entering rehab and #2) the name of the facility. That information is confidential. Think about it and beware of fake Obama's health care plan.

Hisjules

test

Sheron Dallas

I would like to get in touch with Oprah and her sister. I had this same thing to happen to me. It has been a blessing to get to know my sister 3years ago. She has known about me and my other sisters since birth.

Connie

I think it is a nice story. I think anybody that has grown up either alone or as an only child should welcome the addition to the family. U GO GIRL! even if she doesn't get a dime, sometimes it is good to at least think you have someone you can turn to or have a pleasant conversation with.

gina

Why doesn't Oprah just ask her mom how many kids she had and get her detectives out there rounding them up so that they can all share in the wealth, too. Pretty selfish if you ask me. Who cares who they are or what they did if they are "family?" She gives all these people she doesn't even know money and gifts. And what about Stedman and Gayle? Oprah, you need to get the truth out there and quit keeping "SECRETS" like your mom. Look at the anguish it has caused you all these years. You need to let your mom know that she needs to take responsiblity for her actions just like you tell all of your viewers to do!

Norma

Patricia is the personification of Oprah's ideals. She has displayed such integrity. She is not interested in Oprah's money. She could have sold her story for mega bucks. Congratulations to the both of them for finding each other. They are both women of high moral character. May God continue to bless them and their mother!!!

kerri

i would have never think of you having a sister.is'n this good newws.I would of been so happy that I'm not the only one in this world.i also would of been shock as you are right now.How do you feel? are you happy, excited? what reaaly how do you trult feel about coming across this news?