Oprah Winfrey REVEALS Secret -- I Have a Sister!

1/24/2011 12:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Oprah Winfrey spilled the beans on her big secret today on her show ... she has a long lost sister!

Oprah's Sister
Turns out The Big O has a half-sister named Patricia -- who was put up for adoption at a young age and bounced around foster homes until she was finally adopted at the age of 7. Oprah said her mother Vernita Lee never told her about Patricia.

Oprah, Patricia and her mother were all reunited on the show.

Vernita Lee

0917_oprah_Launch-Footer

moe l.

She probably has way more than one sister....I'm guessing more like 5 sisters, 6 brothers, and 3 fathers.

ohreally

im happy for her

harmony

Her sister is pretty!

SHOOTER12

Sheesh...what a crock-o-drama. As soon as the interest dies and everyone gets bored again, she'll magically "invent" another interesting angle...what could it be..I know!! She'll reveal that she's really Adolph Hitlers' transvestive long lost he/she son/daughter.

Peaches

Who cares. I knew this was going to be a ratings for her. I have not watched her show in 10 years and will never watched OWN. Go away Oprah we have had enough of you.

acorn

I want to hit "play" on this Oraph/Sis/Mom video SO bad, and yet I don't. It's like a car accident, or a Youtube video of a colonoscopy. You just can't help wanting to look, but you know you will wish you hadn't.

Taylor

I thought that she would be reunited with her daughter.

acorn

#10...You are a downer. Just because you did not "feel it," does not mean others of us might not get a lot out of finding a person out there who we are genetically linked to. It doesn't mean the family we grew up with is any less important, it just means we enjoyed a pleasant surprise and maybe learned something along the way. Just because the kin you found was a dolt, don't rain on everyone else's parade. That being said, who cares about Oprah's personal business?

acorn

I have a long-lost pair of sunglasses. Anyone seen them?

scott

"Famewhore"...i like that, and it fits

Jackie

Hmm!!...Any other secrets which she is planning to expose? Who cares if she has a sibling.

kickaboo

Oprah's sister has class, she knows what is important, she's known since 2007 and didn't say a word.

kickaboo

But look who is exploiting..who. Oprah, the older sister.

camaguey

Are you SERIOUS?! This is the big revelation?!!? The way Oprah was brought up, the moral of her parents, are you serious?!? She likely has 15 other siblings she never knew about. I think Oprah is long overdue for some psychiatric help if she thinks this is ANYTHING that interests any of us. I thought the announcement was going to be that Obama is a child she had when she was 13 or something like that. Please. Give us a TREMENDOUS break and go away quietly, will ya? Get real, Oprah.

Jackie

And last time she said Elvis presley was related to her...lol...this woman is crazy.