'Golden Voice' Ted Williams Bails on Rehab

1/24/2011 5:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ted Williams -- the homeless man with the "Golden Voice" -- has left rehab against medical advice, less than two weeks after checking in for drug and alcohol dependency ... TMZ has learned.

Ted Williams Rehab

Our sources say Ted -- who decided to go to rehab earlier this month after a taping of the Dr. Phil show -- left the Origins Recovery Center in South Texas moments ago and is on his way to the airport.

Ted's girlfriend is currently in rehab at the Safe Harbor facility in Costa Mesa, California.

womanwhocares

Sad story, I believe he really needed more hand holding and was not ready to fully commit to the process. It all came at him too fast with no time to adjust or think through what he wanted to do.

susan jackson-hall

He had the nerve to go on nat'l tv and air his dirty laundry and LIE and then promise to Dr. Phil he would go into rehab. it was all a scam... he wants money and drugs.... and his family is not better because they lied also.. so sad... good luck in cleveland. I will blow when I drive by your sorry^^&(

DJ

You are all right. He is an addict, he will end up dead one day.
I never wished this on him, but in the back of my mind I knew this would happen.
Dr Phil, tryed so very hard to help this man, and he threw it all away

Lucca

i felt sorry for this guy but its just another case of an ordinary Crackhead

Annie

I hate it for his mother and his children. Such a sad thing that he didn't care enough about himself to do the hard thing and really get clean. Just more heartache for his poor family.

Phyllis

I am so sorry to see this happen. I lived with a drug addict for many years. I will still be praying for you Ted:)

Scooby

Ted, Most people would give their right arm for a second chance, but a crack head is a crack head. Do you know how many people would love to be in your postion? They say money change people, and you are a perfect example, So why don,t you just go back to the streets and stop all the lying. I honestly feel that you are just a user. F..k off!

Butterfly

I HAVE NOT READ, ANYWHERE, WHAT CAUSED MR. WILLIAMS TO BECOME AN ADDICT IN THE FIRST PLACE. Judging from his family's comments against him, I would say their words and behavior against him, possibly led to his departure. Not a good thing to do but, he probably felt he had no choice. Perhaps someday, if he feels comfortable, he will tell all. One thing, I hope to God, he NEVER belittles himself again by appearing with "Dr." Phil whose only aim is to feed his gigantic ego and watch his guests break down in tears for another trip to the bank.

bill

Geese-Louise, maybe we should chug on down to Mamby-Pamby land
and get you some self confidence, you jack-wagon!

Rex

Most of you dip****s don't have half an educated comment here. The man is an addict, this is what addicts do. He has an illness you ignorant F**cks!

Jessica

i honestly don't understand the fascination surrounding him,the sooner he is out of the media,the better.

Mambo Caboose

I sort of figured something like this would happen, and was annoyed with all the people who wanted it to be sappy heartwarming crap. Having known homeless people, there is usually something terribly wrong with them that makes them the way they are. For Ted Williams, it was the lack of self control that we call Drug Addiction. I pointed out that, yes, its sweet, give the hobo a chance, but don't ignore people (yes, like me) who are not drug addicted, but down on our lucks too, but still can't seem to get gainful employment, despite doing everything "right."

Ted Williams did all the wrong things, and made many wrong choices, and got a second chance because its ****ing heartwarming. but I made the best choices given my cir***stances, never commit any crimes, stayed away from drugs, (and there are many more people like me who played by the rules) but I just can't get a ****ing break because I'm not a rock-bottom hobo with one single entertainment-marketable talent.

tash

I'm so disappointed in all of YOU who have such negative things to say. Obviously he was trying to change (he was already sober a few months now, i think even up to a year, and we've seen what stardom can do to even someone with a healthy background and a strong family. I don't know him & neither do you. We all fall & do things we shouldn't have. And I can't believe I'm talking to adults but if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at ALL..."He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone..."

M. Taylor

"Cunning, baffling and powerful."

td

cant teach a bum to get a job. cant give a bum food if he dont want to eat. cant lead a bum to water if he dont want to drink. a bum is, a bum most of his life sad but true.