'Golden Voice' Ted Williams Bails on Rehab

1/24/2011 5:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ted Williams -- the homeless man with the "Golden Voice" -- has left rehab against medical advice, less than two weeks after checking in for drug and alcohol dependency ... TMZ has learned.

Ted Williams Rehab

Our sources say Ted -- who decided to go to rehab earlier this month after a taping of the Dr. Phil show -- left the Origins Recovery Center in South Texas moments ago and is on his way to the airport.

Ted's girlfriend is currently in rehab at the Safe Harbor facility in Costa Mesa, California.

vinnie

Ted Williams traded in his family for booze and crack. It now appears he has done the same with his free rehab. **** him!! He is nothing but a piece of **** lier.
Maybe Dr. Phil can open up his home to Mr. Williams. You know, rent Teddy a room. Then the crack head with the golden voice can push his crack stem and get therapy all under the same roof.
What a ****ing circus!
I hope Teds family screws him out of what money if any, that he has comming. Just like he screwed them all those years. He's just gonna **** it all up anyway. After that, they should hand him his cardboard sign and push his stupid ****ing ass back out to the street corner where that idiot belongs.

intothearena

Well, I was happy for him and felt for the luck he had...but he is a chronic liar and he gave up on everything. He will not get another chance for sure. Sorry to say that after the 1st lie, that was it...There was more to the story....

Hime

Why is it sad, and why do people care about this one particular homeless guy? I'm sure other homeless guys have talents superior to immmitating obnoxious radio hosts.

Instead of sending one loser to an expensive rehab they could've paid to get 100 people off the streets. That's the only thing "sad" about this story.

Hime

"the only way rehab would work for him is for them to go to court and have all his finances handled and held by a responsible party appointed by the court, when he is unable to use his money for drugs and alcohol, he will then seek rehab and once he is clean and sober"

He's homeless honey, he doesn't have "finances".

Deborah

Oh ,OK, I hate to be a skeptic.....is anyone REALLY SUPRISED???!!!

Bet

When he was on Dr Phil he just did not ring sincere to me at all. Looking for a payoff and will just use whomever he can use. He has no interest in getting it together for the long haul-he will be back on the pipe asap. As far as that "meth Looking whore" girlfriend of his-major loser. Misery loves company. No happy ending in view for those two!!

taylor

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DON'T DO IT! GO BACK TO REHAB NOW ... SAVE YOURSELF!

Robert

TED, GROW UP DAMMITT!!!!!

Steamy!!

I was disappointed..
But I'm praying for you buddy...
Hold on dude...I believe in you

April Bell

What he faced was too hard for even a Sober person. He was emotionally frail to start with. Combined with being an addict. I don't blame him. I blame the society that forced him there in the first place.

Roy

I agree with Tom C this guy is not worth thinking about

Heather

TED! Well i am a recovered addict. 10 yr clean. Never homeless, this man was takin advantage of by PR people.He is a lost soul, that people wanted to make money off! They did. They made him look stupid! Not his fault. He has a problem that can't be fixed by throwing money at him! His kids cant wait to sell a story! SAD SAD! Ted u r in my prayers.

tanya

OMG!!! I feel like smashing my head against the wall, this man has been handed a chance that could save his life, give him and his family a life and all he cares about is the next fix! In my opinion I say you Ted BLEW IT BIG TIME!!! You don't deserve another chance give it to someone who is diserving. Ted please do the world and yourself a fovour KEEP GOD OUT OF IT! It just a slap in the face....see you on the down low. SAD SAD SAD!!!!

alan harperee

TED, YOU SHOULD RUN FOR OFFICE,COZ YOU ARE THE BEST LIAR I EVER HEARD. LOL.

Colleen

I am a true survivor. I was a victim of the most horrific child abuse imaginable and no one came to my rescue. I even wrote a book about my childhood, that was basically ignored. Growing up in an unstable environment can leave one empty and hurt. After suffering in silence for a very long time, I broke out. Attending college and becoming a registered nurse was a real turning point in my life. I had a story to be propagated to the hurting populace, and that, too, fizzled away because no one cared. Did my story get out there? No, it did not, because I am just an average "Jane." This man, Ted Williams, had a wonderful opportunity to better himself, but refused it. I would have thanked God everyday for an opportunity like Ted's. How sad, that someone like Ted, has thrown it all away. Sadly folks, there are a lot of Ted's out there.