'Golden Voice' Ted Williams Bails on Rehab

1/24/2011 5:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ted Williams -- the homeless man with the "Golden Voice" -- has left rehab against medical advice, less than two weeks after checking in for drug and alcohol dependency ... TMZ has learned.

Ted Williams Rehab

Our sources say Ted -- who decided to go to rehab earlier this month after a taping of the Dr. Phil show -- left the Origins Recovery Center in South Texas moments ago and is on his way to the airport.

Ted's girlfriend is currently in rehab at the Safe Harbor facility in Costa Mesa, California.

Previous 15 Comments | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

mindy

Hard to believe that Ted will change! Once an addict always and addict, i was married to one! Crack is the hardest thing to quit. All the money in the world, having your children in your life does not change a person. I spent many many years trying to change someone only to realize i cant do it they have to want it for themselves, God gives many ppl a second chance and somethimes a third chance but if you cant get it right all the $ and fame is not gonna change you. I hope he can turn it around Ted but not too confident!

REE

We were all cheering him on! This is such a sad end. I pray he decides to make a change on his own....without any cameras present

susan bagner

I hope that Ted makes it.
He can do it with God's help.

H.R. Hudson

I'm not really surprised. As a 50yr.old & unemployed person, I want Ted Williams to explain himself when he goes on CBS' "The Early Show" this Wednesday. I want Ted to fully explain the REAL reason why he left rehab after two weeks. I would like to know why he chose drugs and drink over turning his life around and getting better! Ted, by your actions you're justifying that fact that people want to see you fail and go back on the street drugging and drinking. Thanks for nothing, Ted Williams. You got what you deserve!!!!

Neyonce

Maybe he left(rehab) because he was sitting in rehab reading all of these negative comments. You have to think about it an alcoholic only knows one thing and that is to drink away their sorrows. Maybe if there were more positive people in his life that were'nt always telling him that he's gonna fail, then he would give himself a chance.

MS HELEN

FIRST OF ALL, FOR ALL THOSE PEOPLE WHO SAY "ONCE A CRACK-HEAD ALWAYS A CRACK-HEAD" THEY DONT KNOW WHAT THEIR TALKING ABOUT. IF YOU'VE NEVER BEEN ADDICTED TO ANY TYPE OF DRUG, YOU DONT KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO GET CLEAN. AS FOR TED WILLIAMS, WAS HE REALLY CLEAN BEFORE ALL OF THIS NOTARITY? I DON'T BELIEVE HE WAS JUST FROM WHAT I'VE SEEN ON TV. IF HE HAD REALLY BEEN CLEAN BEFORE ALL OF THIS, REHAB WOULD NOT OF BEEN A PROBLEM FOR HIM.EVERYONE THREW SO MUCH AT HIM AT ONE TIME THAT HE GOT OVERWHELMED AND FROM THE INTERVIEW ON DR PHIL, HE WAS PROBABLY HIGH THEN. BEFORE THROWING ALL THIS FAME HIS WAY, SOMEONE SHOULD OF STEPPED BACK AND SAID "HEY, IS THIS GUY CLEAN? IF NOT, LET'S GET HIM CLEAN FIRST AND THEN MAKE THE JOB OFFERS!!!"

Shirley

It's SAD that so much money and time is being spent on "Ted" I don't think that he really wants to work..He probably didn't think that the video would bring all of the attention that it has..He has had MANY second chances!!! He has some money now to buy a nice tent and some good sleeping bags and the two of them will be back in Columbus AGAIN...DRINKING, DOING DRUGS and bumming for money on the corner.That's what they like...no job, no one expecting anything from them, just being together. I bet he doesn't make anoher sign about having a "Golden Voice" and wanting a job in radion...

janice stewart

he's full of crap, what you see is what it is.he want's to do drugs,drink AND have his new found career.i was really pulling for the guy but he is clearly full of crap.

Fred Lockhart

he's not ready and now itz about his choices.....Columbus wants him back lol....I know I live her

Donald

Still a scam artist. But I am pulling for you. May God bless you

John

So predictable and sad. Ted walked away from his second chance in life. But I would not give up on him yet. We stould by our son for many years when family members thought we were crazy. After many tries at failed rehab centres, we finally found help with a methadone clinic. Although this is not the answer to a permanent non drug dependent lifestyle, it saved our son's life. This treatment may help Ted to at least get his life back to where he can work. Miracles happen with prayer.

Previous 15 Comments | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21