Dr. Conrad Murray

Pleads Not Guilty

in MJ Death

1/25/2011 2:18 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. Conrad Murray just pled not guilty to involuntary manslaughter in the death of Michael Jackson ... telling the judge, "I am an innocent man."

0125-conrad-murray-video_2
When the judge asked Murray for his plea, he said, "Your Honor, I am an innocent man," adding, "I therefore plead not guilty."

Judge Michael Pastor ruled earlier this month that there is enough evidence to force Murray to stand trial.

Today's brief arraignment is part of the process.

The trial date is set for March 28.

If convicted, Murray faces a maximum of four years in prison.

By the way, we promised you we'd go live with the arraignment, but the technical wizards at  KABC TV in Los Angeles couldn't find the right cables to plug in -- they cover L.A. like no one.

CloBird

Even if found guilty,Murray could get a slap on the wrist,probation.That is not enough,nor is it justice.

MiMi

Conrat is a classic psychopath.

I think he truly believes that he did nothing wrong.

LC4Michael

"I´m an innocent man."
Well, in a sense he is correct: innocent until proven guilty. However, I am quite confident that he WILL be proven guilty at the trial. I have a feeling that the prosecution has much, much more against him than what they presented at the preliminary hearing.

Posted at 10:38 AM on Jan 25, 2011 by Siggisis

Hi Siggi - hope your second day at the new job is going well!

You are so right about the Prosecution. They did not pull out all the smoking guns they have at the Prelim. They didn't have to. The few witnesses they had said it all!

dolphin

MJ will be put on trial and this clown will probably get 1-2 years or probation.

en Todo Momento!!

maybe it's just semantics...maybe it was actually 'volunary manslaughter', thus dr murray is indeed not guilty of involuntary manslaughter!

LC4Michael

Even if Murray is found not guilty (which I highly doubt) the least that should be done is that he is prevented from ever practicing medicine again and that more strict regulations regarding the sale and use of Propofol are put in place.

en Todo Momento!!

it's crazy that as a society, one has to really TRAIN!! UNTIL DEATH!! carefully and cautiously with velvet gloves, one has to incessantly train and instruct men and males on civility at all times. like they have zero interest in acquiring such lowly civil social skills, and when you do request them, you get bitch slapped for telling how to be a man. men are mentally ill and sick and dangerous. disgusting.

en Todo Momento!!

how many people, adult human beings, that is, can you kill with 4 gallons of propofol, i wonder.

MiMi

Stop stalking and harassing me UnWell

Shadow

Hi All!After reading most of ur comments,I finally see why they say that us,humans,only use 10 percent of our brain.
There have been many celebrity cases brought to court through the years...none of them on tape.I've followed Mike's trial on CNN in 2004.You only see them getting in and out of court,not a glimpse inside...right?
In this case,it's all on display.Why?
I think this is all a sham,it's basically a movie.
Maybe some kind of an experiment.
Mr.Murray has been paid a great deal of cash to act in this movie.
Remember the letter he wrote to "patients and friends"on June 15th?He did say "once in a lifetime opportunity"...

Chic

This doctor should be found guilty of recklessness and license
revoked and possible up to four years. License being revoked
is justice served enough for me.

Siggisis

Conrat is a classic psychopath.

I think he truly believes that he did nothing wrong.

Posted at 10:57 AM on Jan 25, 2011 by MiMi

Probably. I can´t stand people who don´t own up to what they do.

_________________________________________

Hi Siggi - hope your second day at the new job is going well!

Posted at 10:59 AM on Jan 25, 2011 by LC4Michael

Thanks - a bit tired. Always hard to start a new job. But it is a nice job and good, interesting people! I´ll keep the newspaper on my desk.... Cleaning people won´t remove it, coz they are not allowed to remove ANYTHING from ANY desk. :-)

MiMi

Thank you Sprocket, and I too thought it unusual. Hard to imagine that his lawyers were in agreement with that but maybe they realize that they may never get paid.

Conrat wants to get this over with ASAP and as I had previously stated, I think the man actually believes he did nothing wrong.

Audie

An innocent man?? Are you kidding me? Why would an innocent man lie, lie, lie and hide evidence??? Please Murray only idiots would beleive you were innocent and you lame defense tactis are ridiculous.!!