Dr. Conrad Murray

Pleads Not Guilty

in MJ Death

1/25/2011 2:18 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. Conrad Murray just pled not guilty to involuntary manslaughter in the death of Michael Jackson ... telling the judge, "I am an innocent man."

0125-conrad-murray-video_2
When the judge asked Murray for his plea, he said, "Your Honor, I am an innocent man," adding, "I therefore plead not guilty."

Judge Michael Pastor ruled earlier this month that there is enough evidence to force Murray to stand trial.

Today's brief arraignment is part of the process.

The trial date is set for March 28.

If convicted, Murray faces a maximum of four years in prison.

By the way, we promised you we'd go live with the arraignment, but the technical wizards at  KABC TV in Los Angeles couldn't find the right cables to plug in -- they cover L.A. like no one.

MJ is the Greatest of all

GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MiMi

Congrats on the new job Siggi!

Better not let anyone throw that newspaper away. I would definitely perceive that as a good omen.

barf

lol

Lee lee

HI everyone...I just got up!!!!! And missed all !!
Just finished watching video on TMZ. GRRRRRRR. Just hearing the judge say "you did unlawfully and without malice kill Michael Joseph Jackson a human being " WHATEVER

.......and then .." your Honor, I am an innocent man, I therefor plead not guilty."

Please.......Is it too early for a Vodka??? It's lunchtime somewhere in the world right ???

What a crap start to my day.:(

Justice

As a nurse anesthetist myself, I can't even put it in words how DISGUSTED I am with Dr. Murray's actions. Dr. Murray did not do ONE thing correctly, and it is DISGUSTING to hear him say "I am an innocent man", because what he did is inexcusable! What he did was beyond reckless and he should at least be MAN enough to admit what he did was wrong. But obviously he is not only an incompetent doctor, but a coward as well.

From a medical point of view, there is NO WAY he will be able to walk free from the charge. If he does, justice was not done. You do NOT give Propofol in a home, period. You do NOT leave a patient who has gotten Propofol alone, unmonitored, not even for one second. PERIOD. You do NOT monitor a patient who gets Propofol with EYES ONLY. Period! You do NOT do CPR on a bed. Period. You do NOT give Propofol to anyone ANYWHERE, unless you have the required equipment at hand and someone there who knows what to do i there is an emergency. PERIOD!! No matter HOW you look at it, there just is no way Murray is innocent.

And to say Michael Jackson died because he drank Propofol.....Yeah, right. So Michael Jackson wakes up from a SEDATION...and within TWO MINUTES..he opens Propofol bottles, gets syringes to get the Propofol out, injects the Propofol in his juice, drinks it, and then lays down....? Sure. And even if he would have managed that in the two minutes Murray was away is beside the point....Michael Jackson would NOT have been beyond being rescued when Murray got back. Let's not forget Murray was the one who was initially administering Propofol and he has admitted as well. So, he SHOULD have known what to do if the patient stops breathing. It should have been ROUTINE to him. And obviously he did not have a clue. And if you do not know what to do and hwo to help a patient who is not breathing, you should NOT BE GIVING ANY AMOUNTS OF PROPOFOL!! PERIOD!! And if you do...it is ABSOLUTELY RECKLESS. So again....no matter how you look at it, Murray is guilty of the charge. The medical evidence is right there.

dd

@Justice GREAT POST! PERIOD!

Kevin

who cares that the accused child molesting ugly freak is dead? Dr. Murray is a hero. He should treat the whole jackson family as well.

MJ FOREVER

I gave the drug guilty..........
waiting to call EMS... cover up... guilty..

Siggisis

Congrats on the new job Siggi!

Posted at 11:41 AM on Jan 25, 2011 by MiMi

<3 It is. It helps me.

Siggisis

Posted at 11:51 AM on Jan 25, 2011 by Justice

Thanks for that post. I wish that MURRAY reads it.

Angela

The funny thing about this is that the Court System can give a flip about what extreme fans have to say.

Angela

let this man have his day in court without extreme fans fudging everything up.

abendstern

Posted at 11:51 AM on Jan 25, 2011 by Justice

a good comment, many fans give you right.
Michael was very ill and needed medication. michael jackson was a good man and all other comments are stupid
Justice for Michae from Germany

Siggisis

Posted at 12:05 PM on Jan 25, 2011 by Angela

Well, you are right about that. Good thing that the prosecution has a STRONG case, which will be heard and judged in court!
I think it is safe to say that what came out at the preliminary hearing was CHOCKING to the majority of people. Even here in my country (Denmark), it was on the news every day. Every single day the recklessness and lies of Conrad Murray were reported - and people are disgusted.

LC4Michael

Great post Justice! Are you available to be an expert witness?:) The Defense would be looking for the nearest exit after hearing you testify!