'Jersey Shore' Italy Trip --

Italian Group FURIOUS!

1/25/2011 3:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The "Jersey Shore" road trip to Italy will only serve to make the locals look like "buffoons and bimbos" ... this according to a very pissed off Italian-American organization.

0125_jersey_unico_EX_01
TMZ spoke to a rep for UNICO -- a massive Italian American interest group -- who tells us they're furious with MTV's decision to shoot Season 4 in the old country ... saying, "People used to go to the circus to see the freak show – that is what this will be."

The rep adds, "It will not only hurt Italians but all Americans … their outrageous, reprehensible behavior will make us look like buffoons and bimbos."

As TMZ first reported, UNICO was the first group to call for a boycott of the show -- claiming it's a "denigration" of Italian Americans.

angie

SNOOKI ISN'T EVEN ITALIAN, SHE NEEDS TO GET OVER HERSELF!!!!
TRUE ITALIAN'S DON'T EVER ACT THE WAY THAT SOME OF THOSE "CHILDREN" DO!!!
CLOSE SHOP UP AND GET A LIFE AND A REAL JOB!!!!

Federica Artoni

Well, I'm Italian and live in Italy. Guess what, I don't tan, I don't spend most of my time fixing my hair, I don' t scream and get drunk all the time and so does the rest of Italian people I know. So what I'm telling is let them come over, so maybe they'll see they are ridiculous on the Jersey Shore as well as everywhere else :)

Chelsea46

First to Vicky Bershok, please tell me you are not suggesting that an American will actually make it out of the United States simply to travel to a place where the Jersey Shore was filmed? Second, their antics will not be tolerated in Italy. They will attract attention either from the Polizia or the Mafia, either would actually make it an interesting tv show. Third, it must be MTV's objective to embarass the cast further by showing how UNitalian they actually are. Lastly, as if Europe needed ANOTHER example of how stupid the American people are, now they send the worse representation. Thanks, we expatriates needed another stereotype to fight against.

LG

This is just embarrassment for everyone. It's going to happen and there's no way to stop it. MTV has to be happy with the response this is getting. It's generating "buzz" and that means dollar signs to MTV. Whether people tune in to see these idiots destroy themselves or people tune in to cheer them on, it simply does not matter. MTV just wants people to tune in and regardless of anyone's feelings it sadly appears that people will tune in.

Melissa

I don't think that a stupid reality show is what people should be worried about. The United States leaders have done enough to help foreigners develop an opinion on Americans.

Nicole

In total agreement with UNICO

Davide

I'm Italian living in Italy. I've just seen a couple of episode of this serie and they are even worse than the worst, as you named, guido here in Italy.
I heard rumors that the set of italian serie will be in one of the "shorest" area in Italy. So i apologize in advance of what you could see. They are just a little part of italian, probably with the same heritage of that bounch of idiots.

milagros

WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL????
Italy has nude beaches, like in Spain and so many places in Europe. There are conservatives Italians and more modern Italians. I have met Italians that say that Jersey Shore is just the exact same thing that happens in Italy but in English. They are young, and funny and fools but they do not harm but themselves. If you watch it then don't criticizes them. I like the Jersey Shore they make life a little less serious.

Elena

The recent news that MTV intends to send the cast of Jersey Shore to Italy to film another season not only insults me as an American, but also as an Italian national. I work hard at being the best American I can be, as well as the best Italian. The cast of Jersey Shore displays nothing but the very worst of American pop-culture. Allowing them the label of “Italian,” which has been proven a lie, only abuses another innocent country in the parading of ugly habits, egos, and cultures.

MTV’s main objective is ratings, entertainment, and income and Jersey Shore has been extremely well-received by a stupidified public, if only for the ridiculously outrageous behavior of these young people who exhibit nothing but the most degraded form of young American imaginable.
Chris Linn, executive vice president of programming and head of production for MTV sounds delusional in his interview on MTV.com stating, "The cast is headed to the birthplace of the culture they love and live by. We can’t wait to see what erupts as a result." Clearly MTV is aiming to provoke both the characters and the Italian public into producing even more vulgar behavior, only furthering the already disgusted view of Americans found world-wide.
What good should come of this? The world already thinks badly of America for our politics, economy, and culture, most of which is dismissed as unbecoming. Why perpetuate the lie that has been called “American culture” by vomiting these derelicts all over a country that has given the world legitimate culture and art? If the only answer is financial, MTV needs to reconsider how it uses its incredible powers of outreach and invest more in inspiring its followers to create, explore, enjoy, and share their real talents with America and the world.

amy

I am, biologically Italian & was adopted @ 3 months to a loving Lithuanian & German parents. I am very lucky that the acknowledged my Italian heritage. I have been to Rome, Italy does NOT have bars like new jersey. I also question WHERE IN ITALY IS CHILE ?? How can the chubby short girl claim to be Italian when she is Chilean ?? MTV USED TO RULE, thankfully there is MTVhit & VH1CLS. I've only seen that shoe 2x & i was in the hospital with broken ribs, chest tube & pain meds, it wasn't even entertaining when i was on dilaudid

amy

THIS MESS is an insult to Italians EVERYWHERE. I've been to Rome & Tuscany. DO NOT SEND these CREATURES to the beautiful country of Italy

Dels

A denigration of Italian-Americans? Whatever. There are so many young people that do the same thing this group of people are doing on their show. When you see the show, do you not notice how many other people are at the clubs, walking the streets, and drinking just as much? If you paid closer attention, they do other activities besides drink. There are many generations of each cultural group. I think that UNICO just wants to get their nose into something. Go and see how many other kids that are at the bar, and get statistics on the the different cultures that are out partying and talking the same. It's a show, and it's not the first so-called controversial one. Get over it

Butei

Oh this is going to be so much fun... as one who lives in the north of Italy I gotta tell you something, there will be many "surprising" things and facts you might not know yet, but hey it's entertainment, by the way you can find morons everywhere in the world, but it's already a good laughter having those guys coming over and not being able to speak Italian... Raga ci sarà da ridere, sia a nord che a sud!!! :)

FAsh10nPr1nc3ss

I love to watch the kids on Jersey Shore on MTV HD. I think while there's a lot someone can criticize-the most important point is being missed. They're just a family living the way that they do. Cultural observation is fun! I watch all my channels in HD with my employee DISH Network package. You can access over 200 HD channels with your subscription. Don't have it? Get it at dish.com.

Walter Santi

The "Jersey Shore" crew has proven one thing just just by borrowing the title of an old Saturday night Radio Show. "It pays to be ignorant."