'Jersey Shore' Italy Trip --

Italian Group FURIOUS!

1/25/2011 3:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The "Jersey Shore" road trip to Italy will only serve to make the locals look like "buffoons and bimbos" ... this according to a very pissed off Italian-American organization.

0125_jersey_unico_EX_01
TMZ spoke to a rep for UNICO -- a massive Italian American interest group -- who tells us they're furious with MTV's decision to shoot Season 4 in the old country ... saying, "People used to go to the circus to see the freak show – that is what this will be."

The rep adds, "It will not only hurt Italians but all Americans … their outrageous, reprehensible behavior will make us look like buffoons and bimbos."

As TMZ first reported, UNICO was the first group to call for a boycott of the show -- claiming it's a "denigration" of Italian Americans.

NICOLE

@ MARLON`

I HOPE THAT THE ITALIANS LOOK A T YOU AS AN IGNORANT AND THEY COULD FORGIVE YOU FOR YOUR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE AND CLASS, QUITE TYPICAL IN THIS COUNTRY.

fredzo

Buffoons and bimbos? On behalf of the country that produced Jersey Shore, I plead guilty as charged. There is no fifth amendment in the court of public opinion.

whatever

So the meatballs are headed for gravey

GEL

I honestly cannot believe anyone would spend money to send these idiots anywhere. Personally, I hope they do misbehave over there and find out just how easy they have it here...other countries will NOT tolerate their behavior. They are sad, sad, representatives of The United States...the decision to do this really needs to be thought about again, and then reversed.

Julie

I agree with number 15. In Italy they will just be thought of as stupid Americans. However, I have seen some of the Italian TV shows and the Jersey Shore pimps and bimbos just might fit right in. Actually, I never thought they reflected what an Italian-American was, just what someone from New Jersey must be like.

Truth

ALWAYS THOT UNICO WAS ITALIAN COOKING OIL.

Kris

maybe some real italians will smack them bitches around and teach them some manners!

GEL

@Nichole ("Calm down veryone knows they are just morons in their own right. We know they don't represent Italian-Americans. I think people around the world are bright enough to know that reality TV is pretty ridiculous as a whole.") I understand what you are saying, but not everyone around the world watches Jersey Shore, or has it available...therefore they are still representing the U.S. with their deplorable, obnoxious, arrogant, shameful behavior. Everyone in the U.S. does know they are morons...other people around the world who aren't familiar with the show will simply see obnoxious Americans.

TheMarshmallowMan

There not even Italian except for Vinny. This show is so stupid.

whatever

Will snooki fly coach or in a pet crate?

gina

Everyone is so damn stupid. This is a tv show people. Really? Get a hobby.

Angie

Why does UNICO care about this so much?Most of them are not even 100% Italian..(except maybe Sammy and Jenni isn't Italian at all) and they even said they weren't.Then it's none of UNICO's business.It's young people "faking" some reality show from America.People watch it.Mindless entertainment.Case closed.

Lisa

I have to agree with UNICO on this one. I will be the first to admit that I love watching the show. I think it's hilarious at times. But, the reality of the show is that they are ridiculous and the public finds humor in that. Totally fine, but now to take the show to Italy, that's just wrong. It's a slap in the face to the locals.

TRUTHSAYER

I lived in Italy for several years.....

I'm sorry, but these young people look & behave EXACTLY like young people of the same age in Italy. Not all of course, but the majority get drunk, do drugs & sleep around.

Some things happen REGARDLESS of where in the world you live.

kim

You know what is annoying me???????!?!?!?!?!
Why these Italians are making this show about them..I am a loyal watcher of the Jersey Shore and they do NOT glorify, or represent the fact that they are Italian..Yes some of the kids on the show are Italian but the show does not call it the Italian Shore, or Guido Mania!!!! Please Unico get over yourself!!!