John Travolta as John Gotti!!!

1/25/2011 7:03 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

It's awesome casting ... John Travolta playing John Gotti in a new movie.

0125_john_gotti_john_travolta_EX

Travolta was at Amici restaurant (Italian, of course) in Brentwood last night, where he was coy about taking the role. But Marty Ingels -- the Executive Producer of the movie who dined with John  -- was more direct, saying Travolta will play the lead role in the movie, titled "Gotti."

Sources tell us Travolta has not signed on the dotted line yet.

We're also told James Franco has been approached to play John Gotti, Jr.  Awesome.

0125_travolta2Our sources say Nick Cassavetes -- of "Alpha Dog" and "Notebook" fame -- is currently rewriting the script and will be the director.

Marc Fiore
-- who purchased the rights to Gotti's story back in September -- was also at the last night's meeting and is Executive Producer on the film.

Enough

If you want to see just what type of acting "versalility" Travolta has in this type of character role, look at him as the gangleader "don" in the first Punisher movie. He turned what would have been a good movie into a POS due to his inability to instill any believability (via acting) into his role. I think after his hideously laughable acting in the Scientology produced "Battlefield Earth", he's been desperate to show himself an actor. Too bad he sucks at it.

Lisa

Oh. Hell. Yes. HELL YES!!! I shall be FIRST in line to see this one! I am seriously looking forward to it.

Allrightythen

Travolta as Gotti? AAHHHAAHHHAAHHHAAHHA! Right!

Like I'm going to spend money on that.

gregg

I didn't know Gotti was a frag ??????

gregg

Armand Assante would of been the right guy to play Gotti not girly voice ravolta

Truth

THE CRIME FAMILIES WERE ALL PART OF THE ILLUMINATI. JAY-Z SHUD PLAY GOTTI.... KANYE WEST PLAY HIS SON JOHN GOTTI JR., BEYAAAWNCE IS VICTORIA GOTTI, AND WHO EVER IS LEFT WITH BALLS CAN PLAY SAMMY GRAVANNO CUZ WAS HE MAN ENUFF TO STAY IN PRISON AND NOT GET HIS BALLS CUT OFF IN THE REAL WORLD.

Bubbles The Chimp

WTF. What a pathetic choice to play Gotti. They will need to change the title to 'Battlefield Gotti' because that movie will bomb.

anony

Only if Marty Ingels shaves his head and plays Bruce Cutler.

Lucia

It would be insult to Mr. Gotti memory and insult to his familia to let how you say uomo girly to be him in movie. No give this pazzo scientologist part in film. I will not go. I tell other not go to make his culto ricco and not him too. My Inglese not good but I know enough to not see uomo femminile . I laugh at him

gerry

i don't see it.

Nostradamus

Who cares about this murderers f'ing legacy? I think its hilarious that fembot Travolta is casted to play the stone cold murerer. I hope the families of his victims sue for any profits this film makes. Profits are unlikely though, straight to blue ray, I bet.

James

John Travolta is a bad choice for John Gotti. Vince Curatola (who played Johnny Sack in the Sopranos) should play the role of John Gotti.

susan

PLEASE do not have John Ravolta play Gotti. I hope that no one pays to see this idiot scientologist in this movie. Me and my hard earned money will not go to anything associated with this cult of idiots!!!!!!

Oh Brother.....

I'm definitely confused. I thought Sylvester Stallone was going to play the role of John Gotti?

jess_sayin

I would have picked DeNiro to play John Gotti and Mickey Rourke as Sammy the Bull.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments