Katherine Jackson -- MJ Estate Lawyers are 'Greedy'

1/26/2011 8:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Katherine Jackson is unloading on the lawyers overlooking Michael Jackson's Estate -- calling them "greedy" ... and claiming they're filing lawsuits left, right and center just to make a quick buck.

0125_katherine_jackson_ex_3

In a recent interview from the Michael Jackson Secret Vault, Katherine says, "All these lawyers that are involved in Michael's business since he passed -- there's a lot of them -- I think they're trying to create different lawsuits and things because they're greedy and they want to get paid."

As we previously reported, the Estate is currently suing Katherine's business partner Howard Mann for allegedly profiting off MJ's name and likeness without their permission -- an accusation Katherine took very personally.

Previous 15 Comments | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

Guest

just found this interesting tidbit about the Estate executors..shows them positioning themselves as surrogate beneficiaries..really well written

Posted at 7:42 PM on Jan 28, 2011 by Tina Beasley

Thank you!! Tina Beasley for the LINK,I agree with the article 100%!! you

Posted at 2:42 AM on Feb 6, 2011 by eddie

I disagree with that blog because it shows a lack of understanding the nature of how an estate works. There is an earlier poster who did explain the regulations of estates, executors, and beneficiaries. I suggest reading that, instead.

Steve Wellington Pr Manager

HERE IS THE ULTIMATE PIANO TRIBUTE HONORING MICHAEL JACKSON
MICHAEL JACKSONOLOGY: PIANO TRIBUTE
PERFORMED BY: MENGESHA "MYSTRO" FRANCIS

USE THE LINK BELOW TO VIEW THE PERFORMANCE A MUST SEE !!

Tiffany

I can NOT stand ignorant people. You don't know **** about this family, and for you to talk about Mrs. Jackson is really crossing the line. This woman is sacrificing things to pay HER son's debt, not hers, but HER sons. If it wasn't for Katherine Jackson, this family would be all over the place. She is taking care of his 3 children, along with others who really don't need to be in that home. Who are you guys to judge her? She's not greedy, she just want to pay the people her son couldn't so they can leave her alone. Do you think she wanted to be in this position? I think not. Michael spoke VERY highly of his mother, so why are you trying to bring her down because she's trying to do the right thing? She never said anything about having money to herself so she can buy the finer things in life. She just wants to take care of her 3 grandchild. Lighten up on her. She's an old woman, it's not like she can get a job. HELL, she took care of all of those kids, don't you think it's time for them to start taking care of her?? Am I right?

Tiffany

Janar

From what I can gather from all the bullcrap the media wrote about MJ over his lifetime to line their own pockets, he was in BIG debt. The lawyers are trying to pay back the money MJ owned. If suing greedy oportunists will help rake in more cash for the estate, I think thats a good thing.

MJ did the best thing here, yes these lawyers will be earning alot of money from their work, but without them I think the existing Jacksons would be down and out by now.

Posted at 12:57 AM on Jan 26, 2011 by Andy

***************************************************************

AGREED!!!!

Posted at 1:04 AM on Jan 26, 2011 by Sincerity
_______________________________________________________________

I mainly agree with this part.

Janar

And as a reminder the Estate is not Katherine and Michael's three children. They are the heirs. The attorneys are the executors. If the lawsuits keep hitting the Estate, it is going to take even longer to get it out of probate.

Posted at 6:03 PM on Feb 4, 2011 by Guest

_____________________________________________________________

This is true. Evidently, she does not know what an estate is. Just because Michael left her and his children as beneficiaries in his Will does not make them the Estate. Maybe she forget that some of his charities are also benefits of his Will. So how can they be the Estate. Does she not realize that this is something that Michael, her son did? Make these people executors of his estate and not her and his children.

She does not know the difference between heirs and executors.

Janar

As I recall, this has nothing to do with Katherine writing a book. It was the use of photographs that belong to the Estate. I am also looking at book writing in this fashion. When somebody wants to write a book, she/he submits a proposal to a publishing firm. If it is accepted, an editor works with the author, and if photographs are used, copyrights are checked. After the book is published, the publishing firm's marketing department promotes the book. This can even include organizing a book tour. Katherine has every right to write about her son. But it seems odd she sidestepped certain procedures, and I have to question her reasons. Did she just want to make a quick buck? This is the same woman who hired the Jehovah's Witness group to hunt down Jesse Styles because he had Michael's diaries. After he was located, thugs beat him so badly, he ended up in the hospital. Now, why not hire a lawyer to get the diaries? Or pay the man to get them? Katherine has a strange way of ignoring the law.

Posted at 6:03 PM on Feb 4, 2011 by Guest
________________________________________________________________

And she did'nt even write a book. All she did was make her own personal comments on some of Michael's photographs, which in fact, belongs to the his estate.

Mary White

Mrs Jackson knows allot more than we do about whats really going on with the Estate. I trust that she is doing the right thing and has good reasons for doing so. I think her partner Howard Mann is actually helping her to do the right thing. If he was such a bad guy, why would Kathrine herself be his partner. There are things going on that I think perhaps we-the fans don't even know about or understand. These people have private lives you know. I actually think Kathrine Jackson is doing good by MJ kids and by Michael. It will be interesting to see what comes next.

jackson

I just say one thing does not speak ill of him in front o

Mia

I want to see Kathrine get the Estate Lawyers fired. I hope they get sent packing. Maybe Howard Mann can help her with this. They are thieves and Michael knew that too. Hard to get rid of weeds in a garden, you have to get them at the roots. I love Mrs Jackson and stand behind her 100%

secretsquirrelontop

Lawyers are all crooked. Mrs Jackson and Howard Mann are kicking the estates ass because they can, rightfully and justly. I am all for the Lawyers to be sent kicking rocks too.

cheekieBZ

"Estate executors..shows them positioning themselves as surrogate beneficiaries.." Well if that dosn't tell everything. I agree that lawyers are schisters!!!! Poor family, the more you make the more the lawyers take and they get paid to take it! I think Kathrine Jackson should use this smart and wealthy business partner and friend of hers to sock it to the Estate lawyers as fast as she can. friends help friends and nobody has helped her but Howard Mann. she needs someone to help her fight lawyers. Thats a dirty job and not an easy task in the business they are in. I admire the guy, he must know his shizz.

realqueenofpop

yes it is true that lawyers create law suits to make their money. These people have been paid very well in the life & times of Michael Jackson. Now those estate people are trying to continue shaking the MJ money tree, even in death. It is really pathetic and I like that Howard Mann person now too. He is a good guy doing good things for the Jackson's.

Previous 15 Comments | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10