« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Super Bowl VIPs -- The Most Expensive Menu in Texas

1/26/2011 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The Super Bowl ain't just about the game -- it's about the food -- and TMZ has learned the BALLERS who shelled out thousands for a luxury box in Arlington will be gorging on some GOURMET Texas grub!!!

0125_dallas_cowboy

According to Legends Hospitality Management -- the people in charge of feeding the fat cats at Cowboys Stadium when the Green Bay Packers battle the Pittsburgh Steelers -- the suites will be stocked with everything from  a truffled Mac 'n Cheese bar to Moon Pies!

We're told the theme for the menu is "comfort food" -- and the meals will be served in 3 AWESOME shifts ... including:

Pre-Game

-- Hearts of Palm w/ Black Pepper Croutons
-- Texas Slow Smoked Brisket
-- Dublin BBQ Sauce and Miniature Kaiser Rolls
-- Truffled Mac and Cheese Bar
-- Chopped tomatoes, Apple Smoked Bacon, Bourbon Ham
-- Pastry Desserts
-- Mini Moon Pies, Texas Blueberry Pies, Apple Empanadas, and Blueberry Caramels

Half Time

-- Warm Texas Peach Cobbler w/ Mascarpone Whipped Cream

And of course -- the suite occupiers will also have full access to unlimited beer, wine, and soda.

WE WANNA KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GRUBBING ON AT YOUR SUPER BOWL PARTY -- POST YOUR RECIPES IN THE COMMENTS SECTION!!!!!

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Diane

gosh, i wish this country of football media people would stop referring to the Super Bowl in Dallas!!!! The Super Bowl will be in the Cowboy Stadium which is in Arlington, Texas NOT DALLAS! Arlington will tell you - you are NOT in Dallas - must drive another 25 miles to get to downtown Dallas.

no way

is it really that big a deal that it is Arlington and not Dallas - it's still in the Dallas metro - you all must be from Arlington - who really cares.... Go Pack...

janewayne31

Let me start off saying that it is a big deal as to where the stadium is. It may be in the DFW area but it's still Arlington not Dallas. It is no longer Texas stadium which was located in Irving, it is now Cowboys stadium which is in Arlington, two totally separate areas of Texas. I would also like to thank Jerry Jones, who is not from Texas but from Indiana, for destroying a piece of Texas history. The idiot could have turned Texas Stadium into a museum. As for this so called gourmet menu, that's a big laugh. Ninety percent of Texas don't do gourmet, we do BBQ beef or tex mex and pecan pie, not moon pies which is not from Texas either. So, no, we DO NOT call moon pies gourmet down here, they come from New England not the Lone Star state.

eddie

Go Steelers!!!

wendy

Damm...I make better food then that on superbowl sunday...I guess you all need to be at my house in LA for the superbowl....65 inch HD TV...hell with the crowds, and that so called vip food....oh yeah by the way GO STEELERS...GO BLACK AND YELLOW...BLACK N YELLOW..BLACK N YELLO

Allison073109

Sonny-- I haven't seen a piggy wiggly my whole 21yrs of living in Dallas. I've also seen only 1, now closed, piggly wiggly in the 90s in north Texas on OK border. Good job looking like an ignorant ass!
I'm glad others have mentioned the true location of the super bowl. Others news stations and even the teams should learn where they're going at least. Arlington isn't even Dallas county lol, more appropriate to just call it ft worth.

lizzimmer

I love all the butthurt people bitching about the stadium's location. Texans are such freaks.

Snoogs

I've never seen so many people freak out about such trivial BS before. I guess that's what happens when your little hole-in-the-wall town has only one claim to fame.

justcause

When you watched hundreds of people tossed from their homes because of imminent domain, had your taxes raised, deal with the bs traffic and wear and tear on your roads because of these games, etc you are damn straight I am going to throw a fit when someone calls it Dallas instead of Arlington. Dallas didnt want the Cowboys. They threw them away. I am still paying for that monstrosity of a death star they call a stadium. I would have loved for it to stay in Dallas.
People in Irving got pissed off too until they finally announced the old stadium was in Irving and not Dallas.

cathy

I agree with others here. Is This a state that considers fruit, popcorn, moon-pies and kaiser rolls gourmet? http://newsy1.wordpress.com

Cella

I live in Texas (not born or raised here) and I can tell you this is a very strange place. No class, no history, no sense of anything other than THIS IS TEXAS. Big freaking deal. The only - and I mean ONLY - good thing about Texas is the economy. Other than that it's a backwoods piece of crap.

justcause

Hey Snoogs-
I guess our little hole in the wall town must not be known for the Texas Rangers, the original Six Flags, national Bowling museum, General Motors, and one of the most prominent boosts in jobs along with one of the best cost of living according to many news outlets.

haha

...don't forget all the random shootings, the drunks who drive the wrong way on the freeway, and the very suspiciously high number of apartment fires.

haha

..oh, wait, that's Dallas.

daniel

spam n twinkies n diet pepsi's

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments