« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Troy Aikman

I'm Separating from My Wife

1/25/2011 6:47 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Troy Aikman is separating from his wife of 10 years ... the NFL star has announced.

Troy Aikman Divorce

The Dallas Cowboys legend released a statement earlier today saying, "This has been a difficult decision for Rhonda and me, but after 10 years of marriage we have decided to separate."

The statement continues, "We remain deeply committed to our children and respectfully ask that you honor our family’s privacy during this period of adjustment."

The couple has two minor daughters together ... and Rhonda has one child from a previous marriage.

0709_split_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Momof2boys

It was not ment 2 be.

Scipio

There is exactly zero truth the Aikman gay rumors. Put them with the Rod Stewart/stomach pump and Richard Gere/hamster myths and bury them. While in Austin Aikman often frequented a little club called the Yellow Rose Gentlemen's Club with other team mates. He was always 'well attended'. Even if a NFL player is gay they would not risk being photographed in a gay bar during training camp. Especially during training camp. All those rumors were absurd and usually originate with either a drugged/drunk to retardation transvestite who assumes ever other trick on Saturday night is a 'straight celebrity' or any of those dirty heathen Eagles fans.

fjwalker1959

Cuz he's in love with Joe Buck.

Diehardfan

Troy I am your next wife. I have watched the cowboys with my father since wee high. However when you came on the scene along with the moose and michael irvin,and emmitt it was love a first site.

phxgirl

now Lorrie Morgan or (whoever that countrysinger was) that was so in love with him can go for it again -

feudi

I wish Troy Aikman and his family the very best, especially his children, the only innocents in divorces. Aikman was a great football player and is a very good analyst. Rhonda is gorgeous.

mean, gross, sad and saggy.

EVERYONE KNOWS TROY IS GAY...you wish he didn't have to live his life like this, and he probably did in fact want a family, but for the three years we all went to UCLA and lived in Westwood, it wasn't really a secret, TROY WAS AND IS GAY. Come out troy...come out and celebrate your life

jclauss

Didn't even know he was married!!

Jim_in_Erie_CO

Wow, in this day and age, people are STILL worrying about maybe he is or isn't gay? As if that makes a difference. Thought he was a pretty good QB, with some great receivers. Does OK as a sportscaster, nothing special, but not the worst either.
His bedroom activities, can't say as I give a damn.

boyz2men

Is it possible Troy is divorcing because his ex finally realized he enjoys being a tightend/receiver more than the quarterback?

Dennis

Troy seems like a nice dude and she's nice- looking. Wish he could still play QB...

norkuse

what ever happened to that italian girl from way back. I saw her in Italy analyzing for the olympic soccer team. Her son's really look like troy. Is he? She's really hot but to worried about winning and not loosing her family position in sports. I knew both of them in college. she was always to smart for him! she knew how to take him for a ride and and then go hide behind another quater back!

Drug E. Fresh

I'm a big fan of Troy Aikman as the quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys. That being said, I also thought he was homosexual. You can tell, can't you?

Hearme

Troy Aikman is not GAY!!! He is a a football fanatic and genius! It's very sad for any family to break up so a bit of compassion here should be in order. Troy lives, eats and breathes football. He studies and dissects each aspect of the coming games. His wife apparently is not interested and would like to lead a life outside of the limelight and more focused on home. A three ring champion is not ever going to sit home. He's a leader, he sets a fine example and it is too bad for their girls it did not work out.

Timothy

Troy Aikman gay? looks like I need to go out more; I wouldn't have thought it ever; I remember when he visited Letterman that I thought Letterman was looking funny next to this macho man. Anyways, I want to say that it is better the bad you know than the good you don't know yet. Aikman at this age and out there, is just going to find gold-diggers. All of us can make a bad relationship work a little better; it is all a matter of lowering arrogance and the sense of entitlement--provided we have the fundamental needs solved, i.e if you don't get sex you can't function, that's it, Bill Clinton comes to mind. But most of the complaints, you can adjust a bit here other there and voila, the retire age has come, the secret is not to whine "how much I lost, ow my God!#$, I could have done this and I could have done that...#%^". Just smile.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments