Jimmy Buffett's

Frightening Fall

Caught on Tape

1/26/2011 2:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jimmy Buffett plummeted off the stage in Australia last night and crashed HARD into the concrete floor -- and the devastating accident was all captured on tape ... and obtained by TMZ.

videos
The footage shows Buffett casually strolling towards the front of the stage when he clearly misjudges the end ... and literally steps off the edge.

Moments after Buffett hit the ground, security rushed to the singer's aid.

As we first reported, Jimmy appeared to be knocked unconscious for 10-15 minutes after the fall -- and suffered a nasty gash on his head. Jimmy was taken to St. Vincent's Hospital in Sydney and is in stable condition.

UPDATE: According to Buffett's website he is "doing well and will be released tomorrow."

dukeran

Hats taste good!

Tomcat

hmm, Buffett must have been "nibblin' on sponge cake" soaked in rum perhaps? Get well Parrothead.

nancy

Jimmy WTH? I hope they gave that lighting guy a lashing. 10 minutes out is a serious thing.

kiki

oh well its 5 oclock somewhere

Chuck Glisson

To; MH
OH Brother, NOW I HAVE heard it all! HOW STUPID of YOU to blame the lighting guy.
YOU must REALLY be in a LOVE/WORSHIP thing over Jimmy Buffett, to blame a stage crew for Jimmy's own actions.
The NEXT thing you clowns will say is that the lighting guy was born in KENYA! Maybe Jimmy should have been drinking TEA, sounds like the REST of you were drinking KOOL-AID!

mary

A friend was working back stage at one of his shows. Don't look at him, do not speak to him unless he speaks to you.

bobo

I mean come on! You van't convince me that he could not see 5 feet in front of him if he was not smoking weed. And the fall. It was 3/4 feet. I smoked weed once and fell out of an airplane, got right up and went back to the terminal and asked for a refund......

Lakemomma

Wow...people gripe about the media but it's nothing in comparison to the hungry bystanders who sit and wait in judgement of others. There was a lighting malfunction - hardly a reason to say he was stoned or drunk. As for retirement, his shows sell out in seconds every year. You don't have to contribute to his yearly income by buying a ticket. There are plenty of us who will stand in line to see him play live until he retires - many years from now.

discod

LOL

You see him walking and then hear the THUD!

If he was blinded by lights why the hell didnt he just stop for a minute to regain his sight.

NLO

Honestly, what is the matter with you people??? You don't have to like his music, or him, for that matter. BUT, for God's sake the man fell and was seriously injured. Why would you idiots make fun of that? I bet you made fun of the fact that Gabrielle Giffords got shot. People that make fun of someone else's injury are SICK!

niles

Another star gone off the deep end.

JEEPGUY

I agree with MH it is serious Jimmy is a great performer and an amazing individual.. speedy recovery jimmy.

reynosa98

Blew out my hip hop, Tripped on a PopRock, Hit my head, Had to cruise on back home - But there's Demerol in the blender, Soon I won't remember, Fallin' off the stage & landing on my chrome dome - The Lost Verse!

JEEPGUY

I have to agree with MH this is nothing to make jokes about, Jimmy is an amazing performer and an amazing person and speedy recovery Jimmy.

Darkheart1971

It must of been 5 o'clock somewhere.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments