John Travolta's Powwow With Junior Gotti

1/27/2011 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

John Travolta is in the middle of a sit-down with John Gotti's oldest son -- Junior Gotti -- in an effort to get John to sign on to play the "Teflon Don" in a biopic about the mafia icon.

012611_john_travolta_video
The two sat down with the movie's director Nick Cassavetes and executive producer Marc Fiore.

As TMZ first reported, sources close to the project tell us Travolta is in serious negotiations to play the role, but he hasn't signed the contract yet.

media_removed_tmz

And, as we reported, producers are eyeing James Franco to play Junior Gotti.

Outside Amici restaurant in Brentwood moments ago, Gotti called John a "tremendous actor" -- and said he was "totally confident" that John would nail the part.

HolyCrap

Travolta met with "producers" and Gotti a week after what happened?

Has anyone seen Ricky Gervais lately?

Matt

Tom Cruise is a closet gay too. and he is one big a ahole

ItzAmi

How come Travolta has his MALE teamster driver kiss him every day they work ? .. That has been going on since I worked on 'Face Off' .. do not know about before that. I have no clue whether he is gay or not, but he IS a good actor and makes no matter to me gay or not .. when I like someone .. they may limp or be missing a limb .. I like them . if I don't .. same applies . Obviously, the producers want him for the part and makes NO difference to them either . nor the studio. Scientology is something that was begun to make money and has become what it is now .. believe what you want .. 20 years ago 'things came out' .. No reason not to come out of the closet anymore .. right Harvey?

I wonder IF Tyler reads all the comments or do they just slide on by cause no one has time .. that is what I think ..

Big J

Loving the wig, John.

Euroman

I wonder if Gotti Sr. was still alive how he would feel about a funuyk playing him on the silver screen?

cari

Holy fat injections John!!!!
Did you ask your plastic surgeon to make you look more like a bloated Larry Sanders??

And this is the worst casting ever. John Gotti, really??
How about Joey Buttafuoco as Gotti and Danny Devito as Junior?!
Now that would be genius!!!

cari

Holy fat injections John!!!!

And this is the worst casting ever. John Gotti, really??
How about Joey Buttafuoco as Gotti and Danny Devito as Junior?!
Now that would be genius!!!

deb

Travolta is a pansy. Wrong guy to play the part.....

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4