Mel Gibson

Oksana's Legal Cash Cow

1/27/2011 10:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

It's a good thing Mel Gibson is rich, because he's bleeding green.  Oksana Grigorieva's lawyers are asking him to pay a fortune in attorney's fees.

0126_mel_ox_tmz_cashcow_EX

A gaggle of Oksana's present and past lawyers showed up in court Wednesday, chatting in the hallway about fees and asking Judge Scott Gordon to order Mel to open his wallet wide and fork over several million dollars .... for just a few months' work.

Here's a partial breakdown:

-- Oksana's current lawyers, Daniel Horowitz, Marty Garbus and Ron Litz, are asking for $1.2 million for work performed since September, 2010.

-- Manley Freid's law firm is asking for $250,000.  Mel has already been ordered to pay Freid's firm $500,000.

-- Alan Shifman wants $163,000 for one month's work.

Other lawyers and law firms requested hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees as well.

Judge Gordon has not decided how much Mel should pay in the latest request.

0907_gibson_footer

Ray

How can Gasbag ask for atty fees in this amount when he only recently was granted Pro Hac Vice??

Posted at 3:36 AM on Jan 27, 2011 by LA me

I think I remember Shyone writing about Mr. Garbus being a consultant during the time he applied for Pro Hac Vice.

sugar

why should Mel have to pay ANYTHING except support for his child? He did not tell her to hire a lawyer nor take responsiblility for her stupid neeless expenses.

LA me

Seems there is a thin line between Oinky's custody attornies and her attornies for all else. Mel is only responsible for costs for the custody side of all this. Oinky's atty's have muddied the waters as to what "legal" aspect they are defending. Seems to me they are not doing anything on the custody case...but are cloaking their efforts gearing up for a civil case. Mel is not responsible for any civil atty fees...but if they can make it look as if they are doing this for the custody case, then they are allowed to make him pay...very shifty!

Crystal

I don't quite understand why he has to pay for her lawyers!

Michael

I find it funny that the judge has not done anything. As one poster said, he is just judging Mel, and none of the things Oksana has done and continues to do.

If I were Mel, I would ask for a different judge. In the end, he can appeal the rulings to the senior presiding judge. So I am hoping this Judge Gordon grows a pair and realizes that Oksana and her attorneys are just toying with the system to make some cash.

The judge should impose a limit on case like these. This way, the oksanas of the world will no be able to continue this type of abuse of the legal system. This is why people believe the legal system is screwed up and irreparable.

TEAM TRUTH!!!

MTT

MIDNIGHT TOKER

for once maniac mel should be a man and step up and pay his bills ..

LA me

Posted at 4:23 AM on Jan 27, 2011 by LA me

Any Legal Eagles want to comment? Don't know if I'm on the right path??

Friend?

Really? It´s ridiculous and Oksana is under investigation for extortion ... This must go to history of stupidity???

Just Saying

The decision to delay that vasectomy is looking dumber and dumber.

LA me

for once maniac mel should be a man and step up and pay his bills ..

Posted at 4:28 AM on Jan 27, 2011 by MIDNIGHT TOKER

LOL...you are an ARSE Midnight Toker arent you!!! Lol....You are only here to stir.

First...Mel DOES pay the bills....what part of that got past you?

Second....why should he pay 3x as much for Oxsanity's ever changing "Lower" fees compared to his? He is only responsible to pay to "level the legal playing field" Oinky has tilted that playing field to 180 degrees on her side.

mama9

Posted at 4:38 AM on Jan 27, 2011 by Friend?

I think the award of stupidity will go to the judge when he gives them it. Wake up judge

mary

so mel is paying for all her expenses (plus tim daltons son and family members) plus child support and now he has to pay for the outrages amount of lawyers she has hired to ruin him? this isnt justice, it is out right thieft. if the judge, makes him pay these fees, he is a party to thieft. this lady appears to me to have great mental problems and the lawyers are taking advantage of her condition and robbing mel, and his family of money they WORKED for. this is why people make jokes about lawyers being crooked.

Ms. Karma

Well Mell, you dump ur wife, u have pics w/ your mistress, isn't it nice that u got what u deserve from me.
Ms. Karma

LA me

And yes...I know that Midnight Strocker is a troll that only want's to engage...

I will not retaliate....

whitebass

I cannot get my head round the fact that she is allowed to get away with, to add insult to injury Mel has to pay for it all, are the judges over there this stupid, I've been following this nightmare over hear in the UK, and it really does'nt seem possible that any child is safe with her, they should give the baby to Mel, and then have her sectioned, and tell those blood sucking lawyers to sling their hooks!!!!