Oprah's Sister -- My Old Wisconsin Home

1/26/2011 9:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

This house in Wisconsin belongs to Oprah Winfrey's half-sister ... TMZ has learned -- but now that O knows she exists, it probably won't be Oprah's sister's house for long!!

0126_oprah_sister_house_picture_no_WM_v2

O's half-sis Patricia -- who just met Winfrey for the first time back in November -- lives in this 1,070 sq. foot house in Milwaukee ... that includes 4 bedrooms and only 1 bathroom.

0126_oprah_sister

According to Zillow.com -- the estimated value of the house is somewhere around $55,500 ... which Oprah could probably find in her couch cushions.

So we gotta ask ...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Joann

Oprah will probably pay the mortgage on the house off, if it's not already paid off, let her sister rent it out then get her sister a job at OWN and put her in a brand new condo or another house.

croc

hope 0 doesnt go hog wild with her..and yes 0 knew at 9 yrs old she had a sister that was taken away.. what? her mom was all pregant, then no baby? was she told her sister was dead? and 0 has more bros or sisters.. you wait and see.

sem

Most of the time these TMZ stories don't give me a moment's pause but sometimes I think gossip is one thing but there's a line where you cross too far into someone's privacy. This woman is a private citizen, not a celebrity.... Oprah or no Oprah. There's no good reason to show us where this woman lives. We just don't need to know this.

dd

I agree sem, whatever happens after this point is family business not ours. I'm glad they found each other.

Digger

I bet the sis is very happy in her home. Oprah is just exploiting her, as is her wont.

who farted

They are both fat. Dam that fat gene!

DenVan

If the 'big O' does set herw half-sister up in some new digs, I hope she takes little things like taxes and upkeep into account. The woman currently has no problem taking care of her living arrangement as it is, but might find hardships with a much larger (posher) place.

Anyone else remember the original 'free' cars? How many were sold to pay the taxes on those free gifts?

EnigMaa

Yeah, It's the Right thing to do.
It's called a Righteous Deed!
I would do it
for the poor in my family.

Kitten

I bet shes hoping O will hook her up....

Stephanie

It's not always about money and mansions. It looks like a comfortable and respectable house. Patricia may feel proud that all alone she got her own house. It's nice to have siblings you can trusts that aren't going to sell you out.

HarlotO'Hara

after orca used patricia for ratings she ought to buy her a house and yes, take care of the taxes on it.

MJ is the Greatest of all

OPRAH WILL NOT HELP HER HALF SISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST USING THAT POOR LADY FOR RATINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wakawakawaka

I dont think her sister will let her buy her a new home. Her sister appears to be really humble. Oprah may pay off her home and let it be a surprise but this woman seems to be someone with her head on straight and pretty independent.

phil

Nell carter is oprahs sister? Thought she died

barb

The reason we are talking about this IS because Oprah brought it to the public."Sem's" post says "There's no good reason to show us where this woman lives. We just don't need to know this."...well, Oprah put it out there and because I am assuming that Oprah is quite intelligent, I am also stating that she knew the public and the media would be inquisative.(that's human nature) Myself, I don't understand why she felt this was earth shaking news(for her and her immediate family...yes...for me...ok) and I am really puzzled by the fact that she keeps spilling family secrets. She said yesterday that she felt betrayed when her sister sold a story to the gossip mags...well, how does she think her family feels when she keeps putting these facts in front of the media and the public. I hope Patricia is not hounded to death because Oprah felt the need to share with millions of people she doesn't even really know and to the media which will twist this story in any direction it chooses. Good luck Patricia!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments