Ruth Bader Ginsburg to Obama -- No Gloves, No Love

1/26/2011 10:30 AM PST BY Johnny Lopez

President Obama got a big hug from Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg -- and her lacy '80s Madonna gloves -- prior to delivering his State of the Union speech last night.

0126_ruth_getty

The 77-year-old judge is a material girl.

nmh

two morons, perfect together

~Paul

No, I'm sorry, but I feel that was a class act from the President. I'm against almost everything his admistration has brought, but this was truly, a class act.

Dan

"Honey, have you seen my gloves? I have to hug that schwarza tonight."

dreamon

Stick to celebrities and show some repect. I'f you're hard up for a story go out and et one.

katschy

Not that it matters much, but the gloves we wore in the 80s were mostly fingerless; and gloves on a lady at a formal event are very proper etiquette (she would take them off at a dinner, but otherwise keep them on). Classy!

PrincessGinger

She is an elderly, frail woman with medical issues. She wears gloves all the time, and I'd bet there is a medical reason.

I didn't see her falling asleep, but for god's sake cut her some slack. There were people half her age, senators and such, twittering and fidgeting and nodding off during the president's speech.

gibbs

Ewwwww

Schoendog

Which one is Oshama? Hard to tell....they both look like old women!

john

I had the chance to meet this woman at the national civil rights museum in Memphis, Tennessee. Both her and her husband were very classy. She is such a tiny, frail woman-all of 4 something.I had the opportunity to go throught the museum with them as the museum was closed for her- myself and wife at the time go a tour like no other with pictures and guarding by the secret service. It was truly a once in a lifetime moment! Me-normal citizen-her a supreme court judge and we were rubbing elbows!!!

john