'Idol' Contestant's Older Man -- That's Her Fiance!

1/28/2011 6:11 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

"American Idol" hopeful Jackie Wilson isn't just dating the CONSIDERABLY older gentleman she was smooching on "Idol" last night -- they are getting married!

American Idol Jackie Wilson
Turns out Jackie, 28,  and Phil Martin, 52, hooked up in May 2010 ... and got engaged in October. Sources tell us the two are like "high school sweethearts" -- except when he graduated high school, she was six years away from being born!

We're told they had to push back their wedding date because of "Idol," but hope to get hitched in Napa in June.

0128_idol_nashville_footer

go home!

So that's where Robert Blake's been!

Yup

I know this guy he is 52 yrs old.

Yup

Believe what you want but the guy is 52 yrs old. He's also a millionare

RIP

There is no way that guy is 52. I bet he's at least 70.

Yup

Ok. Do some research on Phillip J Martin lol

Wishes

He must have lots of money. Nothing else explains it.

SpeakTheWord

Like people will ever vote for her to be the next Idol...lol its a waste of a spot

appel

Their is no way that old man is 52 years old!! My husband is 52 and he is very nice looking unlike this dude.

mija

That's cute. Older men definitely are the way to go.

wow

He's aging badly. Looks 72.

kristi

All I have to say is WHO CARES! and BTW TMZ, on the 'best Idol judge' poll please add the same comment. Many of us stopped watching/caring about 'Idol' a very long time ago.

NYC Guy

I thought she was beautiful! Someone I would be lucky to seek the attention from. I could care less if she is "chunky". Chemistry, character, compatibly, and humanity is what I crave from a woman.

It was especially funny to see the host's expression when he found out, he was her man and not her dad. That was funny!

I never watched this show until recently. I get it now and it's about them and not the host!

I will never watch "Jersey Shore" and I proudly enjoy T.B.B.T on CBS.

Mr. Tyler seems like both a perv and a genuine evaluator for talent.

Anonymous

As long as they never bring any children into it, who cares? Who are they hurting? I'm the exact same age as this girl and don't see any problem with this as long as they don't have any kids. Her fiance is old enough to be her father because he's just a few years younger than MY father, but you can't help who you fall in love with and maybe he makes her really happy. If so, good for them. True love is not easy to find, so if you're lucky enough to find it, that's the only thing that matters. At 28 years old, you are more than old enough to decide who you want in life, so I'll be with whoever I want to be with and so should this girl.

Having said that, however, that man definitely does NOT look 52. My father looks a hell of a lot younger than this and so do most of his friends. I just hope this guy isn't running some kind of scam against this girl...

Brooke

Leave them alone as long as their happy. Age is nothing but a number so who cares!?

nate

When is this show going to go away? American Idol, the Jersey Shore, the Bachelor....my lord. Please remove this garbage from pop culture. We are becoming a country of mental midgets and its scary as all ish.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments