'Idol' Contestant's Older Man -- That's Her Fiance!

1/28/2011 6:11 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

"American Idol" hopeful Jackie Wilson isn't just dating the CONSIDERABLY older gentleman she was smooching on "Idol" last night -- they are getting married!

American Idol Jackie Wilson
Turns out Jackie, 28,  and Phil Martin, 52, hooked up in May 2010 ... and got engaged in October. Sources tell us the two are like "high school sweethearts" -- except when he graduated high school, she was six years away from being born!

We're told they had to push back their wedding date because of "Idol," but hope to get hitched in Napa in June.

0128_idol_nashville_footer

Abe

She is a sleazy skank. Nobody man own age would touch that filthy piece of meat with a ten foot pole.

x

HM

American Idol should cancel her gold ticket. That is just to creepyyyyyy!

Amber

Some of you could stand to be a little less judgmental. I met my husband in 1998 when I was 18 yrs old. He is 19 yrs my senior. After 5 yrs we got married and today we are still happily together (and no, he is not rich). As a another person commented, relationships are built out of common interests (we're bother musicians, sci-fi lovers, etc)...and more-so from two people understanding that a real union takes communication and compromise to last.

icantbelieveitsnotbutter

as the song goes

money, money, money.......money.....

Linda

If they are happy and Love each other I wish them the best. I think one of the hardest things about being married to a older man is going out with other couples. Usually the women are about the same age as the man so the man that brings the younger wife the older women get jealous and kind of leave the younger women out of their group. I have seen this happen many of times. Also just being stared at everywhere you go and knowing they are talking about you behind your back. It takes a strong relationship to endure the judgement they will have to go through. Its not a easy road but if they truly love each other they will last.

gutsygirl

ewwww.....just ewwww.

Yup

Guess nobody knows who Phil Martin really is lol

Christy

If he is 52, he has been rode hard and put away wet! Thanks #27 for making me imagine his old nasty penis. And last...of course he is rich which is why she is with him but he needs to use some of that cash for some facial rejuvenation. Nasty!

KristinaLA

When I was younger, I would've looked at a relationship like this and had no problem being fine with it... but nowadays...I think it's creepy. I guess...whatever they want to do, it's their business. Personally I'd rather not hear about it.

CN

hmmm... wonder if it's the same "millionaire" (per another poster) who's been a convicted felon since 1970 and has a huge rap sheet with recent felonies? If it's the same Phillip J. Martin, I wouldn't advertise it/him/the relationship on American Idol.

Jim

Hello, this stuff has been happening forever. I'm 54 and my husband of 7 years (so far) is 32. It is BECAUSE of shared interests that love happens, not because people are born on a certain date.

Posted at 1:49 PM on Jan 28, 2011 by fordtocarr

More daddy issues?

Misha the CrackHo

All the women posting here about being disgusted... I really have to laugh out loud.

You have to know that if it was reversed, a 28 year old guy would never be interested in a 52 year old woman. As women get older they start looking like an alien from another planet... now that is disgusting!!

Where as a 28 year old guy can date a 18 year old or much older... women can't do that.

Muppet

When she's his age she'll be able to change his diapers. How nice! :D

Rob

Im 51 and my wife is 28 and we have an 11 month old son.. all is good. We are very happy.

AL

My wife is 29 and I am 53. We have been married for 10 years. You young boys are jealous because she would rather marry a man than some little boy. You are not a man until you hit 40.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments