'Idol' Contestant's Older Man -- That's Her Fiance!

1/28/2011 6:11 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

"American Idol" hopeful Jackie Wilson isn't just dating the CONSIDERABLY older gentleman she was smooching on "Idol" last night -- they are getting married!

American Idol Jackie Wilson
Turns out Jackie, 28,  and Phil Martin, 52, hooked up in May 2010 ... and got engaged in October. Sources tell us the two are like "high school sweethearts" -- except when he graduated high school, she was six years away from being born!

We're told they had to push back their wedding date because of "Idol," but hope to get hitched in Napa in June.

0128_idol_nashville_footer

LoveBeautifulCrazyLife

Yeah, this freaked me out when I saw this. I thought it was her father at first. I mean, if she's planning on having kids, he won't be around long to see them grow up. I don't think it will last.

Bob Dobbs

No one can say that these generational age gap marriages cant last, or wont be happy.... what can be questioned are the younger spouses motives for hooking up with an old man/woman....rest assured it is not your "maturity" or that you are a "man".....it is the money/stability 9 times out of ten, not passion or love

femonanon

I just turned 49 and that guy looks MORE than 10 years older than me.

Bartender

Who cares! Are any of you in the relationship with them? No! Have any of you walked in their shoes? No! What y'all are saying is so hurtful. Really. No wonder our celebrities are so messed up. They are all human beings. Frankly, if the two really are in love, most of you are probably jealous cuz you haven't found yours yet. Before you pass judgement on someone elses life, look at yours!!

Anya

Age is just a number..... If they are happy with each other, more power to them. A good relationship is too hard to hard to come by to be hung up on the numbers. For me it's an age difference of 17 years...... and our 42nd anniverary is coming up soon.

Paige

I'm sorry. What? Where is the TMZ that is the celebrity gossip site.

Sugar Kitty

This guy looks older than 52, but he is cute, kinda looks like Frank Sinatra, you know, when he was alive of course.

NASHVILLE REAL DEAL

HELLO!??? THIS IS NOT HER FIANCE! JACKIE IS A PART OF THE NASHVILLE MUSIC COMMUNITY AND THAT'S HER DAD! TMZ IS SO STUPID TO THINK THEY CAN PUBLISH THIS CRAP AND THAT OTHER PEOPLE (ESP NASHVILLE) WON'T SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT! EVEYONE HERE IN TOWN KNOWS THAT'S HER DAD! YOU CAN TAKE A STILL SHOT AND MAKE IT LOOK LIKE THEY'RE MAKING OUT BUT NO SCANDAL HERE FOLKS. STUPID CRAP TMZ. LIKE PEOPLE AREN'T GOING TO KNOW HER AND HER FAMILY. DA'S....

Gina Hughes

I have never read this column but I happen to know these people and I can't believe how cruel some of these posts are. I totally agree with post number 70. Their relationship isn't anyone's business. Jackie is a very talented woman. Stop taking the focus off her music. I have followed her music for a while and I am extremely happy to see someone deserving have an opportunity to be on Idol.

Gardner

That is so weird and creepy. He is obviously the same age as her father. It's creepy on both their parts. Creepy that she's kissing an old man and creepy that the old man is horndogging after someone probably younger than his daughter. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww

jerome

I know this guy and he is 65. TMZ got some bad info!

Debbie

I guess love is who you find it with! Who am I to judge whether they are in love or not.

Charli

okay yall chill out! she was REALLYYY good! who cares who she loves. thats her buisness, not ur place to judge

Angie

I'm not worried about who she dates or is about to marry. I could care less. Her personal life is none of my business. The fact that the girl can sing her ass off and entertain me is all the business of hers I'd ever be interested in. You go Jackie! I'm looking forward to seeing you perform on American Idol and so far,what I have seen of your audition,has left me very excited to see more of what you can do.

judyq

Typical PIG. AT least he doesn't have a huge fat belly that most of the old guys have. He is at least 65, hope he's got lots of money to leave her, because he is screwing up her life! Young girls fall for caregivers then end up alone. They look about 40 years difference not 20.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments