Jimmy Buffett's

Video Message

'I'm on the Mend'

1/28/2011 10:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jimmy Buffett channeled his inner Mark Twain for a message to the fans who thought he kicked the bucket in Australia -- saying, "The reports of my death are grossly over-exaggerated."

videos

Showing off his new bandages, Jimmy recorded a video update about his health following a horrific onstage fall during a show this week -- explaining, "I'm on the mend."

Buffett seems pretty bummed out about canceling his next concert ... saying, "We were so looking forward to Auckland ... not only the show, but I was going fishing and surfing ... but now I got to go home and heal up."

Jimmy says he'll be performing again shortly -- insisting, "The show goes on."

Edward

Now maybe he knows how stupid an old Pot head looks on stage, or should I say off stage. RETIRE already you old freak!!

stu

Jimmy is the Barney for adult sing a longs.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

HE LOOKED PRETTY LAME STEPPING OFF THAT STAGE..LIKE SOME OLD GUY THAT JUST GOT DONE MOWING THE LAWN AND PASSED OUT,OR AN OLD MAN TRYING TO ORDER SOUP AT THE DELI

parrothead#1

Soo glad you are ok Jimmy! Your parrot head nation was so worried about you!

I'll see you at Jazz fest!

FINS UP!

Chuck

Fins Up! So much class.. you don't see that with most of the "stars" today. Hope to see him on my Floridays this year.

anyjoe

I blew out my flip flop,
Stepped on a pop top,
fell of the stage, had to cruise on back home.

jmk

So happy to see him looking so good! Get better, Jimmy!

clive

I wish he would die. I freaking hate the old people that sing along to his stupid songs, buy his stupid books, eat at his stupid burger shacks. Baby boomer bull and self-absorbed twit. Please die from too many burgers, margaritas, and pot and fall into the ocean. The baby boomers think you are a god, but younger people fail to see it. GO away, six feet under, you didn't hit your hit hard enough. When I saw the video I was praying it split you open and you died. Damn hippie, still alive to burden us all with your tripe. Oh yeah, nice shirt *******. Go get some citracal with fiber.

disgusted in pasadena

How can some of you be so rude. Were you raised by wolves? If you don'f have anything nice to say then please don't say anything. Comments about his age are hurtful. Let me remind you that unless you die "young" - you will be "old" some day and wishing you had the energy and spunk he has. Try being nice and saying nice things - you will feel so much better about yourself.

Tina

Am I missing something? Isn't he famous for the song "Cheeseburger in Paradise"? Is there more than that horrific song?

Pat

So glad you are OK Jimmy...

JSJ

Clive,
Odds are you won't live to be 64. If your self hatred doesn't do you in, your attitude will get you killed.

Jane

Great picture. Good to see him smiling.

Jack

if there is such a thing as reincarnation, you could do worse than coming back as Jimmy. He's had a great ride.

Christy

Hey, Clive - s-h-h-h,I've got a secret to tell you. You won't be 12 forever. Some day you will be an old fart and some punk kid will laugh at you too.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments