Mel Gibson -- Someone Stole My Beaver!

1/28/2011 4:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson's mailbox was broken into Wednesday ... and cops are now on the hunt for a beaver.

Mel Gibson Beaver Stolen

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, Summit Entertainment -- which is distributing Mel's upcoming movie, "The Beaver" -- gave Mel the final cut of the movie on DVD.  Mel screened it at his home, and at 10:45 AM put the DVD in his mailbox so a courier could pick it up and return it to Summit.

We're told the courier showed up at 2:30 PM Wednesday, and the DVD was missing.

The L.A. County Sheriff's Department is now on the case.  But here's the sad part -- It's being investigated as a petty theft.

But don't worry Mel -- it's petty theft because of the value of the DVD.  We're sure the movie is awesome.

igotfleasfromtmz

Dare I ask why SH is getting smack?

azlee

LOL THE NO TELL HOTEL?! haha, man. I had my drip timer break last night but not a pipe. I let the water drip all night. Tonight is suppose to be worse too.

Lot's of pipes broke last night. For people that don't understand how we can have pipes breaking at 17 degrees, it is because we don't have to do anything for insulation on our pipes. like the heat tapes and that. We might wrap foam around them if they are in the open but that is all. We don't normally have to worry about it.

this year we do though!

poirot

TY azlee for posting this info for those of us who dont venture to ROL.

Couple of red flags to ponder:

From reading the article, how does ROL know EXCLUSIVELY KH "has completed" this book? "Who", other than KH, knows he has completed this book? Who would be ROL source for this? Hmmmmmm

If, this EXCLUSIVE info came from KH, wonder why he would choose ROL and not TMZ as he did previously with his other revelation. Hmmmmmm

ROL claims KH began working with OG after Jan 6. Didnt KH claim he became involved with OG in May 2010? Hmmmmmm

Posted at 12:03 PM on Feb 3, 2011 by poirot
________________________________________________________________

Yes -- thank you Azlee for posting the ROL article. :)

Are you suggesting that KH told ROL about the completed book? Think about what you stated for just a moment and with what we know. I, on the other hand, would suggest that this is information directly from Horowitz because KH will be deposed tomorrow and given interviews to media outlets where he may be discussing his book. It could be that those media outlets contacted Horowtiz for a comment about the book. It's clear from the ROL article that ROL is slanted towards OG, as usual. And who's usually behind that slant?

Posted at 12:09 PM on Feb 3, 2011 by fuddyduddy

I based my assumption on how the ROL story reads.

1 ROL claims this is an EXCLUSIVE story
2 Who, then, other than the author, would know the book is completed?

How would DH know that KH has completed the book? Are they in touch? Does Garbus know this book is completed?

Just speculating, fuddyduddy, this story raised some flags for me.

azlee

she is doing updates hellsnurse, but it a way that is more like poking then updating. She doesn't like a few right now (evidentally) and is doing it on those people, who don't really appreciate it and don't understand why.

igotfleasfromtmz

Good Job on the drip. lol my neighbor is frozen completely. I won't fix this until sat thank goodness it is a very small easy to get too pipe, And I have a neighbor who antagonized my chow's this am to wake me up. It worked they were beyond ready to kill him. And he is going to pop over and help me out. We are just going to splice it. And with water off No worries for tonight!!

igotfleasfromtmz

ON Sh this happens every time we slow down. I think Harvey likes to watch us at each others throats. And this is my statement to Harvey
WHERE IS THE EXTORTION LETTER, WE KNOW YOU HAVE IT

fuddyduddy

TY azlee for posting this info for those of us who dont venture to ROL.

Couple of red flags to ponder:

Posted at 12:03 PM on Feb 3, 2011 by poirot
________________________________________________________________

Yes -- thank you Azlee for posting the ROL article. :)

Posted at 12:09 PM on Feb 3, 2011 by fuddyduddy

I based my assumption on how the ROL story reads.

1 ROL claims this is an EXCLUSIVE story
2 Who, then, other than the author, would know the book is completed?

Just speculating, fuddyduddy, this story raised some flags for me.

Posted at 12:25 PM on Feb 3, 2011 by poirot
________________________________________________________________

I'm with you, Poirot, on speculating. I'm speculating, too.

It really is simple about the book and about others knowing about the book being completed. During discovery both sides get the same evidence that the other side has. Mel's side asked KH for all of his evidence, and OG's side is entitled to that same evidence. I would bet there is something about the book in that evidence. Perhaps even a rough draft...

igotfleasfromtmz

Just read the ROL article. too bad she already knew about his past when she hired him. And as I recall (if she didn't Know cough cough) She was told by MG and still he stayed. Took a restraining order to get him out of there.

poirot

Yes -- thank you Azlee for posting the ROL article. :)

Posted at 12:09 PM on Feb 3, 2011 by fuddyduddy

I based my assumption on how the ROL story reads.

1 ROL claims this is an EXCLUSIVE story
2 Who, then, other than the author, would know the book is completed?

Just speculating, fuddyduddy, this story raised some flags for me.

Posted at 12:25 PM on Feb 3, 2011 by poirot
________________________________________________________________

I'm with you, Poirot, on speculating. I'm speculating, too.

Posted at 12:32 PM on Feb 3, 2011 by fuddyduddy

Agree if the book was entered in evidence others would have access to this information and could find its way to ROL.

azlee

ha and I remember KH saying to me "ROL lies" so now what are we to think?

Annie

Also, KH could have shopped the book to a publisher under the ROL parent company ; ) bbs shower time

Majestik

ONE guess who Law has as a talent agency.........f*cker.

Posted at 10:21 AM on Feb 3, 2011 by Sam

I don't punch onto other sites so I'm not sure what's been said but just seeing the name JUDE LAW gives me the creeps. If he's speaking out against Mel he better shut the **** up or has he forgotten about all his cheating on Sadie Frost the mother of four his kids, knocking up his kid's nanny with baby number five and be a home wrecker for whatsherface (damn, name escapes me). He's got no business commenting about anyone with the garbage he's been doing his whole career.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

LAW has been telling Downey to step away from Mel, leave that friendship behind, put distance between the. Of course, Downey b eing a stand up guy and honest is not going fo rit. LAW doesn't know Mel well I would guess, hasn't worked with him for sure, and appears to have itty bitty ones and is doing Ari's bidding, like Zach did, like Ryder did, like B. Walters and Joy Behar. Coincidence? HA! All bad press leads back to ARI!

Majestik

As for ROL and the "source" if it ain't Horkhisbitz then Dr. Nobrains is working the rounds like he did here several times. We all know, Dr. NOBRAINS would have the inside scoop.

just curious

Hi everyone,

Recuperating from surgery last week. Sorry to hear you all have such bad weather. I'm grateful I live in CA because it is a beautiful spring day here. I'll take our earthquakes any day over what others are experiencing. TV says another storm is on its way. I'm sending you all hugs and best wishes.

I was thinking about KH. As an author and being mixed up in this Mel/Oksy business, shouldn't he have an agent, a publicist, and an attorney? He seems to be winging it on his own. Maybe Dr. Davis is representing him in things. As I recall, Davis and KH both received some flack when posting here. Maybe they felt unwelcome and decided to go to ROL. Just an idea. This whole thing has become so bizzaro. I read a few comments on Halle thread and I saw a lot of positive comments re Mel from names I have not seen before on our threads. I'm hoping there are alot of people out there who don't go on line who support him. Can't wait for the Beaver to come out.

Previous 15 Comments | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments