Mel Gibson -- Someone Stole My Beaver!

1/28/2011 4:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson's mailbox was broken into Wednesday ... and cops are now on the hunt for a beaver.

Mel Gibson Beaver Stolen

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, Summit Entertainment -- which is distributing Mel's upcoming movie, "The Beaver" -- gave Mel the final cut of the movie on DVD.  Mel screened it at his home, and at 10:45 AM put the DVD in his mailbox so a courier could pick it up and return it to Summit.

We're told the courier showed up at 2:30 PM Wednesday, and the DVD was missing.

The L.A. County Sheriff's Department is now on the case.  But here's the sad part -- It's being investigated as a petty theft.

But don't worry Mel -- it's petty theft because of the value of the DVD.  We're sure the movie is awesome.

Tellthetruth59

@Fud and Champix - a lot of the people quoted are people I have never heard of that support Mel. Some of the more famous, like Jodie Foster, have touching stories of how she hit her head and was bleeding and Mel was at her house within 15 minutes with all kinds of bizarre remedies.

There are two stories regarding Robyn and when she left. One says it was after the DUI but a close friend is quoted as saying it was before the DUI. Allegedly Robyn had warned him not to embarrass the family before Hannah's wedding and he was drinking heavily during the filming of Apocalypto and she got wind of it and left while he was still filming. He was supposed to have been gone for 2 months but ended up being gone for 9 months due to difficulties filming.

Tellthetruth59

Thanks for sharing, Tell. It sounds like Mel needs to listen to his friends more often. LOL!

Well, I'm glad it's a decent article then. It sure sounded like it was another Mel-bashing article from what some of the media was reporting. Do you think that perhaps there was no picture of Robyn because she didn't want her picture in the article? I think Robyn is very private; maybe?

Posted at 1:40 PM on Feb 3, 2011 by fuddyduddy
---------

Vanity Fair could have used one without her permission. I realized the other day how few pictures there are of Robyn and how MANY there are of Ox. Disgusting. I do not think I have ever seen a video of Robyn with Mel or even speaking.

Tellthetruth59

One more thing - Vanity Fair wanted to interview Gibson for this story but he had to decline at the advice of his attorneys due to his legal battle with General Grig.

azlee

hey, did they have a TMZlive today.

been really busy lately so please excuse me posting and then darting off again. Procedures of what I did changed and now it makes 2 times more work and patience....so I am on a run for now.

Stacy

It galls me that the article does not have a pic of Robyn but they have one of the "sloe -eye Russian with the lips frozen into a perpetual pout." One of Mel's friends thought she seemed ignorant and unattractive when he met her. Ha ha ha!

Posted at 1:34 PM on Feb 3, 2011 by Tellthetruth59
------------------------------------------------------

Haha LOL I bet Oinky will take an extra oxycontin and pluck out an eyebrow when she reads that !

Tellthetruth59

Posted at 1:34 PM on Feb 3, 2011 by Tellthetruth59
------------------------------------------------------

Posted at 2:38 PM on Feb 3, 2011 by Stacy
-------------

I'll be sure to post the exact quote at some point :-)

champix_o

@ TTL
Posted at 2:30 PM on Feb 3, 2011 by Tellthetruth59
----------------------------------------------------
Thanks again! There are so many things we, the general public simply do not know. Yet. Since the case became so public now.
Shame Mel had to meet the yak yak Ox whos only objective was to set herself for live regardless of the cost to MG's health, public image, sanity or just his bank balance for that matter .. What a vile vile woman the russian is. Hopefully, SOON, it's all going to come out and Mel, with all his HUMAN shortcomings will be vindicated ..... Sounds like there already is a drip ...drip .. drip .. Good - regular thinking folks are no idiots :)

champix_o

Posted at 2:38 PM on Feb 3, 2011 by Stacy
------------------------------------------
Stacy, LOL! hope she has been doing it already for a bit ))
It couldn't have been just Judge Gordon who kept her away from the caaaaameras :-)

Tellthetruth59

@Champix - another interesting comment had to do with Mel being "fired" from Hangover II. The article claims that while Zach Da Hairball took the fall, it was actually the gay and female members of the crew that protested the loudest. The vast majority thought the movie was hurt when they lost Gibson and wanted to work with him and give him a second change. Not sure I'm buying that one. I still have my eye on Da Hairball.

Tellthetruth59

I would advise anyone with an interest to buy this issue of Vanity Fair. There is so much info in it I could never do it justice. I would love if others read it and shared their observations. It's worth the $5.00.

champix_o

Posted at 2:56 PM on Feb 3, 2011 by Tellthetruth59
------------------
Tell, still not sure about the Zach guy .. but if it is in VF hahaha Is Zach the first of many to ‘backtrack’ ..

And I agree, the movie WAS hurt, Mel was hurt (I guess he was paid but for him all is not about just the money, right?)

I wonder WHAT tune the anty-Mel people will be singing once all the hoopla is over? – what a nice wait ))

antbabs

Our KCAL News9 in Los Angeles just said they will be doing Kris' interview tonight at 10:00 p.m. I definitely be watching and report back. I've not had much of a chance to read here and wondering if this is the first one. They did mention as well this is part 1 of 2 but didn't say when part 2 is.

em

Have a look at this video diary made during the filming of Hamlet

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFWlwCrl5aw
2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQplwVJW6qQ&feature=related

Tellthetruth59

@Champix - general gist of this article is what we already know. Mel is a flawed but good hearted and extremely talented guy and is well-liked by folks of every race, color, creed and sexual orientation in Hollywood. They give lots of examples and quotes from people that have worked with him. He is a great talent that will continue to produce quality films. This fiasco with the Russian and her "perpetual do-me pout" (I love that quote) is a blip on the radar.

em

Part 2 - for a little light relief...

3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGVAuy-fVHU&feature=related
4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT52mmn1rIY&feature=more_related

His mum and dad are also in the videos. Engjoy. Bless Mel, his family and friends. And controversially perhaps, his enemies. I am glad he has kept mum. The Beaver is meant to come out on 11 February in the UK, but I have not seen any advertising anywhere!! What's up with that? Anyone know?

Previous 15 Comments | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments