Mel Gibson -- Someone Stole My Beaver!

1/28/2011 4:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson's mailbox was broken into Wednesday ... and cops are now on the hunt for a beaver.

Mel Gibson Beaver Stolen

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, Summit Entertainment -- which is distributing Mel's upcoming movie, "The Beaver" -- gave Mel the final cut of the movie on DVD.  Mel screened it at his home, and at 10:45 AM put the DVD in his mailbox so a courier could pick it up and return it to Summit.

We're told the courier showed up at 2:30 PM Wednesday, and the DVD was missing.

The L.A. County Sheriff's Department is now on the case.  But here's the sad part -- It's being investigated as a petty theft.

But don't worry Mel -- it's petty theft because of the value of the DVD.  We're sure the movie is awesome.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Champ:

As far as I know, VF is not affiliated with Ari or American Media.

GreenEyes

I guess we're going to have to wait until tomorrow for a new thread. I hope KH has something that blows OX out of the water and vindicates Mel.

Mel has done really well in the face of all the slander and backlash. Every famous person that something bad about him should apologize. Some of them should have to go through everything he has and see how they feel then, huh?

Hi, all, just waiting on a new thread.

azlee

thanks antibab. take notes!! I wish I had when I needed it. It is easier to recall things. lol

champix_o

@ antbas
Our KCAL News9 in Los Angeles just said they will be doing Kris' interview tonight at 10:00 p.m. I definitely be watching and report back. I've not had much of a chance to read here and wondering if this is the first one. They did mention as well this is part 1 of 2 but didn't say when part 2 is.

Posted at 3:15 PM on Feb 3, 2011 by antbabs
------------------------------------------------
Please, do 'report' back - doubt it that anybody outside US is going to see the interview 'live' - anyway, everything from US comes to UK a month or two later :-) Thanks.

@ TTT
Thanks again! And, YES! - now I will buy the VF issue when avaiable here ))

Goodnight all.

angelika466

Hi, all, just waiting on a new thread.

Posted at 3:29 PM on Feb 3, 2011 by GreenEyes

Me too! Read a few posts but haven't kept up.

Did enjoy Tell/Dina saga. Was going to mention to Dina that she needed to post on the new Lilo story. LOL

antbabs

I plan on Tivo'g (sp?) plus pen/pad in hand, I'll type it up and let you know what he has to say. Usually they show these things late in the broadcast. I'll get back around 10:30'ish PT time:)

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

So that'd be channel 8 at 11pm in the midwest?

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

no at midnight. Late! Perhaps not?

champix_o

Champ:
As far as I know, VF is not affiliated with Ari or American Media.
Posted at 3:27 PM on Feb 3, 2011 by Sam
-------------------------------------------
Sam, thanks - very reassuring! just caught you on my way out ))
Where were you :-) --- see you/read you tomorrow.
sleep .. sleep .. sleep .. trying to get into the right pattern haha Goodnight

angelika466

I think we should all send Harvey a tip that his (addicts) I mean supporters need a (fix) I mean story. We haven't waited this long for a story since when?

mama9

Posted at 3:51 PM on Feb 3, 2011 by angelika466
ROFLMAO

Celtic

Just jumping in briefly. Thanks Antbabs. Found a live stream link to KCAL 9 Los Angeles.

I hope it works. I'm going to try staying awake.

antbabs

Posted at 3:51 PM on Feb 3, 2011 by angelika466
ROFLMAO

Posted at 3:54 PM on Feb 3, 2011 by mama9
------
LOL, we are working on day 6. I am anxious to see what Kris has to say tonight. I bet this interview is not more than 3-4 minutes along. KCAL at 10:00 lasts an hour, so it may be closer to 11:00 when I get back depending when they show it.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Polanski libel caseIn 2005, Vanity Fair was found liable in a lawsuit brought in the UK by film director Roman Polanski, who claimed the magazine had libelled him in an article published in 2002, and written by A. E. Hotchner. The article recounted a claim by Lewis Lapham, editor of Harper's, that Polanski had made sexual advances towards a young model as he was travelling to the funeral of his wife, Sharon Tate, in August 1969, claiming that he could make her "the next Sharon Tate". The court permitted Polanski to testify via a video link, after he expressed fears that he might be extradited were he to enter the United Kingdom.[10] The trial started on July 18, 2005, and Polanski made English legal history as the first claimant to give evidence by video link. During the trial, which included the testimonies of Mia Farrow and others, it was proved that the alleged scene at the famous New York restaurant Elaine's could not possibly have taken place on the date given, because Polanski only dined at this restaurant three weeks later. Also, the Norwegian then-model disputed the accounts that he had claimed to be able to make her "the next Sharon Tate".

Polanski was awarded £50,000 damages by the High Court in London. The case was notable because Polanski was living in France as a fugitive from U.S. justice, and never appeared in the London court for fear he would be extradited to the U.S. Graydon Carter, editor of Vanity Fair, responded, "I find it amazing that a man who lives in France can sue a magazine that is published in America in a British courtroom."[11]

GreenEyes

Whew, that would be 2am for me, so I'll have to settle for tomorrow.

Previous 15 Comments | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments