Mel Gibson -- Someone Stole My Beaver!

1/28/2011 4:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson's mailbox was broken into Wednesday ... and cops are now on the hunt for a beaver.

Mel Gibson Beaver Stolen

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, Summit Entertainment -- which is distributing Mel's upcoming movie, "The Beaver" -- gave Mel the final cut of the movie on DVD.  Mel screened it at his home, and at 10:45 AM put the DVD in his mailbox so a courier could pick it up and return it to Summit.

We're told the courier showed up at 2:30 PM Wednesday, and the DVD was missing.

The L.A. County Sheriff's Department is now on the case.  But here's the sad part -- It's being investigated as a petty theft.

But don't worry Mel -- it's petty theft because of the value of the DVD.  We're sure the movie is awesome.

Previous 15 Comments | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164

fuddyduddy

Antbabs -- I really appreciate your comments here. I'm glad to know that KH came across well. I'm sure that OG's attorneys will try to discredit him, but the evidence is what will speak volumes, and that is what H&Co. are afraid of. The evidence POINTS to OG; not so much KH. Also, I am certain that Mel's attorneys would have already spoken with KH before EVER issuing a subpoena for evidence and for a deposition. The fact that Mel's attorneys are going forward indicates that KH is credible and he does have evidence and Mel's attorneys will look to use his testimony. If KH was not credible or if the evidence was weak; Mel's attorneys would not be taking a deposition.

KM

I googled to see if KH's interview was on here...I came across a youtube piece by the title Oksana admits affair with KH watch it here...but the youtube account has been terminated....makes ya go hummmmm....

KM

Fuddy

I also ran across an article that Robin Sax was quoted in...she claimed Herzog ran the show for her just as KH has said...I will look for it...

KM

"Also weighing in, until recently, was Grigorieva’s bodyguard, Kristian Otto Herzog, a twice-convicted felon whom Grigorieva trusted as her closest adviser and who, according to Sax, “shamelessly” courted the press and was “wreaking havoc.” Recently, Gibson’s lawyers successfully pushed for a restraining order to keep Herzog away from Lucia, the ex-couple’s 1-year-old, due to his criminal background.

“She has been 100 percent under his direction,” Sax said of Herzog, who “was pushing her” to talk to the media. (TMZ has reported that Herzog has also been the one encouraging Grigorieva to fire her representatives.)"

www.thedailybeast.com/.../mel-gibson-and-oksana-grigorievas-opposite-pr- strategies/

Be sure to read both pages

KM

new thread

Shuffle Demon

New TMZ story gang... looks like Herzog isn't going to make his deposition tommorow

tmzreader

One more thing - Vanity Fair wanted to interview Gibson for this story but he had to decline at the advice of his attorneys due to his legal battle with General Grig.

Posted at 2:34 PM on Feb 3, 2011 by Tellthetruth59

Lurking here; have to say that really gets me. He's the one being trashed, he's the one who deserves to speak, yet he's the one following the advice of attorneys, doing the right thing.
Just how twisted is that? Just really ticks me off.

Of course, on the other hand, what a wonderful example for comparison between the two. Maybe there really is a God.

Thanks, Tell. Sounds like a great article.

tmzreader

I'll be sure to post the exact quote at some point :-)

Posted at 2:40 PM on Feb 3, 2011 by Tellthetruth59

Yeah-buddy. I like that.

-----------

@Champix - general gist of this article is what we already know. Mel is a flawed but good hearted and extremely talented guy and is well-liked by folks of every race, color, creed and sexual orientation in Hollywood. They give lots of examples and quotes from people that have worked with him. He is a great talent that will continue to produce quality films. This fiasco with the Russian and her "perpetual do-me pout" (I love that quote) is a blip on the radar.

Posted at 3:17 PM on Feb 3, 2011 by Tellthetruth59

Interesting name they chose for that article. Kind of like taking the smear campaign and using it for good. I like those kind of tactics. Very clever, indeed.

People who really believe all that garbage being said will be all over it only to find it wasn't what they were expecting. HA! yeah-buddy, tide is turning now.

Previous 15 Comments | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164