Mel Gibson -- Someone Stole My Beaver!

1/28/2011 4:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson's mailbox was broken into Wednesday ... and cops are now on the hunt for a beaver.

Mel Gibson Beaver Stolen

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, Summit Entertainment -- which is distributing Mel's upcoming movie, "The Beaver" -- gave Mel the final cut of the movie on DVD.  Mel screened it at his home, and at 10:45 AM put the DVD in his mailbox so a courier could pick it up and return it to Summit.

We're told the courier showed up at 2:30 PM Wednesday, and the DVD was missing.

The L.A. County Sheriff's Department is now on the case.  But here's the sad part -- It's being investigated as a petty theft.

But don't worry Mel -- it's petty theft because of the value of the DVD.  We're sure the movie is awesome.

lou

And somewhere out there, Mel is frantically searching for beaver.

M. Gabriel

Ok, ok, ok! I stole it! (lol) I was trying to get a spanking from Mel but he didn't catch me, now I'm stuck with the dvd!

Actually, this is yet another horrible thing to happen. I thought mail theft was a federal crime and fell into the felony division? I don't know anything about crime or their penalties, I was always to busy trying to abide. Proud to be a loser in that dept. I would be livid if I were part of this Beaver project. Hopefully Mel has surveillant cameras on his premise!

lou

I know! Mel actually hid the movie, being as it's so atrocious and he's embarrassed to have his name attached to it (and that's saying something.) So rather than admit to Jodie that he lost the Beav, he ditched it instead.

Ward, I'm worried about the Beav.

mija

"I sent it to you, I swear"

fuddyduddy

Hint: Lucia's toy box!

babycakes

Really? The Sheriff's dept doesn't have anything better to do?

ketjo

Hint: Lucia's toy box!

Posted at 11:45 AM on Jan 28, 2011 by fuddyduddy

In the big black bag !! Know telling what else is in it..a spare lawyer or two !

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Wow, this sure brought out all th emindless haters/Ox trolls, didn't it? Almost as if they were waiting for it.

I'm sure that whoever took this willbe IDed. It's not a huge thing.

It will not affect his sales nor the movie's release, as much as you with nothing better to do than hate might wish it would.

Excellent obvervations Tell, on Ox's leaking beaver and those that appear to lust for it.

Tara

Why would you want to steal a crappy movie like that.. check the DVD sites someone should have it

fuddyduddy

Video security camera may shed some light.

lou

The puppet ran off when it finally had the chance. (This is for you, Sugart*ts!)

Tellthetruth59

Posted at 11:55 AM on Jan 28, 2011 by Tara
---------------

Have you seen this movie to deem in "crappy?" If you want to see/hear crappy go buy a copy of Ox's CD - Hideous Azzache. My ex took more melodious dumps after a heavy night of drinking and nachos.

M. Gabriel

Oksana took it! She needs more money! Has Dumbowitz "secured the monetory" (sorry, I'm not good at remembering all her misspellings)

stumpy

Really? The Sheriff's dept doesn't have anything better to do?

Posted at 11:49 AM on Jan 28, 2011 by babycakes
----------------------------------------------------------
The theft an posting of this movie online
could cost 10's of thousands of dollars in lost revenue
how is that petty theft

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Lou: you seem to think Sugar tits minded being called sugar tits but then you call her that yourself?? A bit of double standard eh? You think it's Ok for you but not for Mel?

Well, I LIKE the term sugar tits. It's quite funny.

You ambigious loser with no idea what you want to say. I feel pity for you.