Mel Gibson -- Someone Stole My Beaver!

1/28/2011 4:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson's mailbox was broken into Wednesday ... and cops are now on the hunt for a beaver.

Mel Gibson Beaver Stolen

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, Summit Entertainment -- which is distributing Mel's upcoming movie, "The Beaver" -- gave Mel the final cut of the movie on DVD.  Mel screened it at his home, and at 10:45 AM put the DVD in his mailbox so a courier could pick it up and return it to Summit.

We're told the courier showed up at 2:30 PM Wednesday, and the DVD was missing.

The L.A. County Sheriff's Department is now on the case.  But here's the sad part -- It's being investigated as a petty theft.

But don't worry Mel -- it's petty theft because of the value of the DVD.  We're sure the movie is awesome.

gimmeabreak

So it is "petty theft" if a thief steals from your mailbox, but it is a felony if a thief steals from the United States post office? I don't get it. People can go around stealing from other people's mail and the Sheriff calls it "petty theft"?

Posted at 12:45 PM on Jan 28, 2011 by kickaboo

----------------------------------

It's probably already been stated but... it's not legally mail unless it was intended to be delivered through the postal system as mail. Simply tossing a DVD in you mail box does not constitute mail and a private mail box isn't Post Office property. Therefore no mail was actually stolen. A DVD that is left in a mailbox for a private courier to pick up is not mail, it's a DVD. Therefore no mail was actually stolen.

Unless they uncover some scheme to reap a large profit from the sale of an unreleased movie, or actually damages arise from the release of the movie to torrent sites, i'm thinking it's just another petty theft. And they would need to prove that if it does show up on torrent sites that it came from the stolen DVD and not another source.

gimmeabreak

Everyone who has honor, dignity must stand by MG.What this Jewish mafia doing is beyond commonsense. This is not about MG, this is about all American. Wake up, people!!! Otherwise, will be too late. This bandits must be stopped. It's not important if you are Jewish or non-Jewish, WAKE UP> We all are humanity. We are losing America and freedom. People, who is behind this dirty campaign, are evil.
So may lives have been ruined by this dirty whore and her Jewish mafia.
I hope Robinhood will come to this evil-people.

Posted at 12:17 PM on Jan 28, 2011 by anonym

----------------------------------

OK let's get the 800 pound gorilla out of the way and state the obvious. The f'n Jews stole it. Case closed! I'm mean really, who else could possible have a motive to screw Gibson over. Damned dirty Jews! lol

LISA

LISA

Would greatly appreciate you explaining why you did this.
I should have addressed it immediately yesterday, as you can see, when things are posted out of context, it can create problems.

Posted at 12:55 PM on Jan 28, 2011 by pinkpanther

____________________________________________________

I'm happy to explain. You misread my post. I never said that you specifically e-mailed Herzog. I just said that the names on the list contain my real name, as opposed to my user name and therefore I know that it came from Herzog's office. My reason for sending ONE e-mail to his office was merely to check if the post came from him or if it was a misleading hoax. Some of us are making a mountain out of a molehill. Understandably so, since we have been fed so much garbage from Oksana for months we have become suspicious of everything.

Herzog's post thanks TMZ posters for their kind words and e-mails and lists a few of us posters. They do not say the named posters ALL e-mailed Herzog's office.

So relax, Fidel's niece, no one is saying you e-mailed anyone. You probably made some casual comment on this board and they took it as your support in finally getting to hear that someone will be testifying against Oksana's. So they thanked you. You didn't e-mail Herzog. And those that did, did it out of an abundance of caution in checking the authenticity of Herzog's post.

Herzog's post is nothing more then an advertisement to us, and those reading TMZ, as to when we should expect to see the interviews, and his testimony supporting Mel. The office hives us the address to make it official. They tell us that Mel will be at Mel's deposition. That's not unusual. We expected him to be there. All extra information is typical of Herzog's flamboyant way of communicating. He does things big and bold and self promotes. That's his way. It should not diminish the purpose of his post and why he would want it re-posted - TO ADVERTISE WHAT DAYS TO WATCH FOR HIS INTERVIEWS. That's what has Oksana and Horowitz running scared. And we should be happy.

@ Fuddyduddy Thanks for posting the information on when to tune in to my TV for some good news on Mel for a change.

champix_o

@ Sam,

Posted at 8:08 PM on Jan 27, 2011 by LISA
Lisa, you posted asking me how I'm SOOO opposed to Herzog now? WOT????? As I wasn't opposed to this guy from the begininng, the fact that someone, claiming to be him, and contacting azlee and I've seen the transcript, you make it sound like I believed this guy when he first came out, and it was reproted on this site that he was backing Mel. Sorry, my dear, I did not, nor do I believe anything out of this man's mouth. Seriously, go back and read the previous posts by me. Herzog, IMHO, is an idiot and has NO credibility, just like oxymoronic. I don't care what he says, where he posts it, I DON"T believe a word out of his mouth because he's as much a criminal as Oxymoronic is.
Posted at 10:07 PM on Jan 27, 2011 by Majestik
-------------------------------------------------
Majestik: neither do I. :)

She needs to untie that knot in her undies.

Gnight.
Posted at 10:08 PM on Jan 27, 2011 by Sam
----------------------------------------------
Oooops...one more!
Good night to you, Lisa! I think you are brave too, and right now we are in the minority here for KH supporters. I'm with you! And I do support KH, and only a dead person does not change their mind, or decide to make changes in their lives.
Hugs, Lisa!
Posted at 8:22 PM on Jan 27, 2011 by fuddy-duddy
Sam. I'm giving KH a chance.
Posted at 2:00 PM on Jan 28, 2011 by fuddyduddy
-----------------------------------------------------
Sam, there is always going to be trigger.. your post above (She needs to untie that knot in her undies) WAS IT for me:) .. so there .. now I am going to put my cranky pants on, albeit temporarily :)

Sam, are you implying by any chance that Lisa has HOTS for Hertzog? __ I thought she just had an OPINION! However deep or strong, but just HER opinion :-)

I wonder if you are going to say I don’t understand a joke, satire, allegory or stg like that? Please ..
I am talking about WORDS – few things come to mind ..
Michelle – when told off by me ‘How dare you’ to equal the name of Princess Diana with that of Ox or stg like that, managed to called me a ****ing count and then in subsequent post quoted Bible passages and Jesus :) – obviously anger management classes are in order but I managed to bite my tongue somehow))
Shirley – when she decided she HAD to bring stuff re RH to your attention SO PUBLICLY (obviously to embarrass you) she could do so by choice of OTHER words i.e. do it in a much nicer way then she did! Or do it via T-M site. Having said that, you could have own up immediately (i.e. oops, big mistake - inadvertently copied that from my personal Mel folder?) rather then just wait! for ‘support’ to publicly bash her:) – would save a lot of ‘tiff time’:-) and clear the issue of a genuine mistake)
Other examples - ??? .. am sure ..
I am talking ‘words’ – one can use them without being patronising, disrespectful or underhanded to other T-M posters? Hmmm :-)

Way with words .. you aren’t going to do same to THE excellent Fuddy, are you? I hope not. _ Why do it to Lisa ))
Cranky pants off now :-)
P.S. Sam, ntg personal _ Am NOT looking for a looong ‘discussion/tiff’ on this board – just stating MY opinion ))
P.S.2 Don’t care about the trolls – they are usually very short and very abusive themselves in their opinions – guess ‘paid troll time’ is $$$ :-)

********
BTH ... anybody, please .. Sorry, a silly serious question :-)
WHAT is Popov? __ ( got lost on this one _ oops!) :))))
Is it a bottle of cheap Russian bubbly plonk maybe ? Does it really exist?

TMZgossip

Posted at 2:19 PM on Jan 28, 2011 by gimmeabreak
...

'tard probably put it in the jacuzzi

ketjo

Hell, they could bust Charlie Sheen with a dead hooker at his feet and a 50 lbs brick of cocaine tried around his neck and he would still skate.......don't you know , He's got friends in high places and it only takes one phone call to cover his ass.....

The same friends that Mel Gibson. told to go screw theirselves .......

Shuffle Demon

Well I see the leading members of Team OxyMoron are here posting the usual dribble...Bigotry at it's finest with a dash of racism to boot..

LISA

This post came from Herzog. I have proof. Me and the posters listed in the note e-mailed Herzog to check up on his post from the weekend.

_______________________________________________

CORRECTION

This post came from Herzog. I have proof. Me and the posters listed in the note **POSTED OR e-mailed Herzog to check up on this post from the weekend.

Now leave it. I now know when to watch the interview on TV thanks to Herzog's post. I'm on Mel's side 100% and I'm not so stupid as to do anything to jeopardize the case. It's absurd.

Fiedel's niece did not e-mail Herzog.

OK?

fuddyduddy

Fidel's Niece -- thank you for sharing!! I hope that Judge Gordon socks-it-to OG!!! She is just trying to take advantage of Mel and make him pay and pay.

Harvey is right! It is a simple custody case. But, she's tried to claim DV and the court has to act on that and let her have her day in court.

azlee

now maybe it can go to rest (I hope).

fuddyduddy

Lisa -- I'll be watching those KH interviews with you in spirit! :)

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Posted at 2:19 PM on Jan 28, 2011 by gimmeabreak

How disgusting you are you pig anti semetic fool. You should be jailed for saying things like that! And you did it on a PUBLIC board!!

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Posted at 2:19 PM on Jan 28, 2011 by gimmeabreak
...

'tard probably put it in the jacuzzi

Posted at 2:23 PM on Jan 28, 2011 by TMZgossip

It figures you's support an anti semite, hateful pig.

fuddyduddy

WHAT is Popov? __ ( got lost on this one _ oops!) :))))
Is it a bottle of cheap Russian bubbly plonk maybe ? Does it really exist?

Posted at 2:22 PM on Jan 28, 2011 by champix_o
Hi there, Champix_O! Yes--Popov is a cheap vodka. If I recall, it's in a plastic bottle with a red, black, silver and white label.

I'm trying to do several things at once (which for me is hard to do! LOL), and I'll have to write more on your post later.

azlee

now in a glass bottle, lots of bars serve it as their well vodka.