Chris Brown -- Hearing Had Zero to Do with Grammys

1/29/2011 8:44 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Brown is not attending this year's Grammy Awards -- so the idea that he was in court yesterday to try and have the restraining order against him reduced just so he could go (and not risk running into Rihanna) is way off base ... this according to his rep.

Chris Brown Grammy Awards
As part of the Rihanna assault case, Brown's attorney asked the judge yesterday to reduce the "stay away" order against him to a "do not annoy" order. Doing so would have removed the part about Brown having to stay 50 yards away from RiRi.

Ultimately, while the judge again praised Brown for his progress, the ruling was put off until a later date because an attorney for Rihanna could not be reached.

As for the idea that this hearing has anything to do with Brown going to the Grammys ... Tammy Brook, a rep for Brown, tells TMZ, "This court date and the lifting of the restraining order is part of the planned ongoing legal proceedings. The date was scheduled months ago. Chris Brown is very thankful for his Grammy nominations, but due to scheduling conflicts, he will not be attending the Grammys."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Fleming

All that bashing of Chris Brown and look what happen a few weeks later, Rihanna lifted the order.... And as for Mr. Sheen who someone said is everyones idol( not mine) He did shoot actress Kelly Preston( Mrs. John Travolta)in the arm... He has a violent past and present... Just because some celebrties abused victims picture weren't leaked and sold to tmz don't mean their victim weren't battered. To the person who said that this time next year he will be gone... well he's doing SNL tonight, next month GMA, has a international tour and has at least 6 songs on billboard top charts.... you see what he has is called talent, like it or not.You can hate all day but, the fact remains that he is a multi- millionaire, song writer, dancer, actor, producer etc. He's not going anwhere, because if he was after the incident and the decline of his career two years ago, he wouldn't be back on the same radio stations that banned him, or even on tv...

Tammy

You know....it really make me sick when we get these white folks on here and bash our successful black boys. What about Charlie Sheen? Bash him, because he continues to do the act. Chris has truly asked for forgiveness from God and he does not need anyone that's human to approve his forgiveness, especially a white person who hates to see the success of a black man anyway.
Chris I know you are truly sorry and I know you is not the kind of person everyone is trying to say you are. It was an incident that happened and I know it was not intentional. I love how you continue to make number one on the charts. Good Job Chris. This is how you show the world how a young black man should rise above adversity. Let me be clear...the adversity is the crime that was committed. The adversity is white American and the music industry trying to KEEP you down. Chris continue to do well and eventually they will begin to except and respect you for your great performances. GREAT JOB CHRIS!!!!!!

Tammy

ann

#12 Stated that they are non violent but that foul language proves other wise. Yes Chris has made mistakes and yes he should have done his probation time.I really feel that people have been way hard on him because of the pictures that were shown of Rhianna, if there hadn't have been I don't think he would have been judged as harsh. This was a bad thing to happen but I weighed both sides of the story he didn't say much about that except that he beat her, but listening and hearing what she said she was the instigator and actually hit or pushed him first, took his keys and waged a verbal assualt on him. Did she apologize, did she suffer, did anyone of the lawyers or judges file charges on her no. There are two sides to every story and I don't think we listed good enough to what she was saying.

kalkidan

First of all Chris is very handsome boy and amazing singer, dancer ,actor basket ball player too! but he is only 22 years old! for example did u see the face of jayzi ?what he look like?hahaha oh my god!
So don’t worry we now what going on! go cute boy Chris go I love u!and rihanna love u too!

kalkidan

First of all Chris is very handsome boy and amazing singer, dancer ,actor basket ball player too! but he is only 22 years old! for example !did u see the face of jazy ?what he look like?
So don’t worry about gerramy we know whats going on! go sexie, goChris I love u!and rihanna love u too!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5