'Dodgeball' Star Busted for DUI

1/31/2011 4:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Alan Tudyk -- best known for his role as Steve the pirate in the comedy "Dodgeball" -- was arrested on Sunday for suspicion of DUI.

Alan Tudyk Arrested
Tudyk was pulled over around 1:00 AM after California Highway Patrol officers saw him speeding in his Land Cruiser. Tudyk declined to take a breathalyzer test, but was arrested after he performed poorly on a field sobriety test. Blood test results are still pending.

He was arrested and released without incident and is due back in court March 1.

(*Nerd version -- Alan Tudyk is best known as Wash from "Firefly")

1103_celebrity_DUI_footer

andy

" Wasn't he also in a Knights Tale with Heath Ledger? That was a pretty good movie. "

YES. That was him , . . . and it was a great movie!!!

andy

" i think it's time to stop treating drinking and driving like some crazy crime. "

I think it's that whole "vehicular manslaughter" situation that they're trying to keep within check. Besides, you can process quite a few people for DUI for the amount of tax money that it takes to pay the medical care of persons injured, but not necessarily killed as a result of drunk driving crashes.

Drunk driving falls into the category of "wreckless endangerment". It will never be legal, . . . and shouldn't!!!

TRUTH

LOVED him in 28 Days with Sandy Bullock.
Remember when he yelled out " Look at my package!!!!!" I died :)

I hope he gets this straightened out and does not drive intoxicated again, cab fare is so much cheaper than bail or god forbid- accidently taking a life -- his or otherwise.

Wishing him nothing but good luck and hoping this was enough to instill a lesson in him not to drink and drive ever again.

TRUTH

There is a fork in the road, then there is the shrimp fork...
Lol, also from 28 Days.
He killed the plant and the dog doesn't like him, lolololol, then he cries in Sandy Bullock's shoulder and wipes the running nose remnants into her jacket.
He was the ultimate scene stealer in that flick...

Pistol

Ah, jeez... you're breakin' my heart Wash.

Idiots. Don't drive drunk!!!!

mmmbeanie

Nerd version...what...I love Firefly...never saw Dodgeball!!!

jessica

the knight's tale/firefly guy! crazy. just drive at home if u care to

eggshells los gogo

I`am the real DODGE ball KING that built benny DA(JET) stillers career from nothin..I built adam sandlers carrer and about a two doz more movie stars careers in the last 40 years.I was kind of PO`ed about them liftin dodger from me but it`s funny NUF to make muti millions for the defence force so alls good.THE REAL DODGE Baller ME would have been 22bory.But in real life dodge ball training saved my tassy many many times and I was ball&jacks KING ALSO for hand2eye training as I was left for DEAD too many times to totally recall them all.

annie2

He's really funny. As others have mentioned, he was funny in 28 Days (love how he can't keep his plant alive at the end, "did you water it?")...He was pretty funny in "Knocked Up" (wasn't he one of the producers of the show Heigl was trying to hide her pregnancy from?), and sweet guy in "3:10 to Yuma" with Russell Crowe. Hope he gets his act together...

Natalie

I was going to say... Dogeball guy? That looks like the Firefly guy!

El Texas Gato

Nonono he played Simon in Death at a Funeral (the British version)
His character was tripping on acid and he was stealing scenes all over the place.

But yes, Wash in Firefly as well.

kake79

I am so disappointed. I just adore Alan Tudyk. He is a fabulous actor, both dramatic and comedic. Why the heck do people do this?! Especially celebrities that obviously have money for a cab.

Blake

and in death at a funeral the original british flick, as a dude that took too much acid and firefly of course !!!

Lisa

I feel sad that I am such a nerd. I did first think Firefly, then Dollhouse then V. It didn't really click about Dodgeball :(

PK

double nerd version...known as Alpha in the short lived Eliza Dushku series Dollhouse.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments