New Superman Announced ... and He's British

1/30/2011 9:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

British actor Henry Cavill will be playing the role of Superman in the upcoming reboot of the franchise, Warner Bros. announced today.

Henry Cavil New Superman
With Christian Bale portraying Batman and Andrew Garfield playing Spider-Man ... the Brits have the market cornered!

The movie is due out December 2012.

0130_comic_launch_FOOTER

Susan

He is a gorgeous guy! Should be fantastic as Superman seeing as he rocked in Tudors!

cindy

Ewww gross, not hot at all. What a bummer.

Juicy

Sorry, but it's been proven that British actors are just way better at their craft than American actors.

LC4Michael

If you watched the "Tudors" you would see that he is anything but a baby-faced twit. The man oozes charm and sexiness. Killer bod!

james

wtf a British superman ,, come on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tizalee

He was in "The Count of Monte Cristo" before The Tudors-gorgeous!! This Superman I will watch!

Jackie

LOL...All haters are just jealous of the Guy. Who cares if he's British. The most important thing is that he is doing his work.

I am Spartacus

didnt they just come out with a Superman movie like a year or 2 ago? Do we really need another Superman movie? Superman is kinda lame IMO, the guy wears his underwear on the outside and then theres that whole fact that he doesnt wear a mask yet people dont know Clark Kent is Superman simply because he has glasses on? I'll pass on this one.

Zambonie

The Adventures of LimeyMan

havok

@Arthur Marcus You are exactly right. Hollywood just doesn't know how to take advantage of the awesome characters and story lines that already exist in comics. Like in X-men, they make 3 movies with the exact same villain (Magneto).

A movie with almost any of the villains you mentioned would be sweet but some how I'd doubt Hollywood will pull it off. Oh and for the record I think they did a decent job with the last superman I just don't want to see lex luthor again.

comic con fan

yes, how are the film makers going to explain his broken nose?...did baby superman fall down a flight of stairs before krypton blew up?...horrible choice

ivonne

he is not a poof, open your eyes, wow the best

Katy

I LOVED him in The Tudors! ♥ This is awesome news. I'm not big on the superhero movies, but I will absolutely watch Superman if he's in it. He's freaking gorgeous! YAY!

fran

you will notice its mostly the men that are complaining lol..he is a one good looking superman.Why is it that Americans lay claim that they invented everything, ok I will give it to you , you invented Hollywood, not much good for anything , but it can be entertaining.Superman was a written by a Canadian.

Natasha

WOOOOOW!!!!! GORGEOUS!!!! and english? Classy!!!! I love his eyes!!!! very manly...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments