New Superman Announced ... and He's British

1/30/2011 9:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

British actor Henry Cavill will be playing the role of Superman in the upcoming reboot of the franchise, Warner Bros. announced today.

Henry Cavil New Superman
With Christian Bale portraying Batman and Andrew Garfield playing Spider-Man ... the Brits have the market cornered!

The movie is due out December 2012.

0130_comic_launch_FOOTER

susan

This was sooo awesome..he was amazing in the Tudors..good to see he finally got himself a mainstream movie...can`t wait!!!!

DaMan

Here my question to you. Does superman have to be a white guy? He's a fictitious character.

David

Douchebag needs a shave and haircut. Gay?

I Chinee

Who? I don't really care who plays superman or care about the movie for that matter. But lawd have mercy! there are too many British and Canadian actors/actress' coming to the US staring in American movies and TV shows. It's like the WTF?! don't they have TV shows and movies they can star in, in there own country?

LongJohn69

It's only fair because I hear Prince Charles will soon be played by 50cent.

LongJohn69

It's only fair because I hear Prince Charles will soon be played by 50cent.

croc

sometimes i cant understand a word that comes outa their english mouf's..

truth hurts

I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!I luv him!

Joker2882

Look, all the women are gonna go nuts for this douche. I bet you Nolan's and Snyder's wives told them to choose him. Dont know if you like the show, but Tom Welling SHOULD have gotten it. Devoted fans of Smallville have been wanting this for 10 years and he was the ONLY one that the late Christopher Reeves gave his personal approval to potraying a true Superman. I mean honestly, Superman gave his approval on Welling's Clark Kent This movie will blow. I may go rent the Britney Spears movie instead, probly will be more entertaining.

Joker2882

It's so funny that all the women are creaming for this guy! The wive's definately had to have made this call. Zack and Chris: "How can we get wives and girlfriends to see this with their fella?" Wives: "oh lets fudge up the whole history of him and give it to the Brits!" All together: "BRILLIANT!!"

John

You sure he's a Brit? They're not great but the boy has at least SOME lips. Brits don't have lips.

Atlanta Roofing

No problem about that. Every country has an actor therefore each can have their own superman, but it won't matter if one sails to do another accent as long as people understands it and is wise enough to see if he embraces the character.

angelwolf333

i would like to see lobo as a villian.

lobo killed his whole planet as a highschool experiment.

and later beat superman to death.

but it was the robot superman that didnt know he was not the real superman but he did have all of his powers and lobo still beat him to death

Jazmin

@ I am Spartacus
I was LOL so hard at your post I almost got a hernia; right
Charley?

Caroline B.

I love him on the show, The Tudors!!! Hope he is a good batman!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments