'Sister Wives' New Home

A Neighborhood Divided

1/31/2011 9:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kody Brown and his "Sister Wives" might need to invest in some good fences -- because a few of their new neighbors aren't happy the polygamist reality show stars have moved into their hood.

0130_kody_brown_tmz_ex
As TMZ first reported, Brown and his fam recently relocated to Las Vegas so they could explore new job opportunities. TMZ spoke with several of the new neighbors and while some sound tolerant of the Brown clan ("It's a quiet neighborhood, and as long as it stays drama free, then we're fine") others want nothing to do with them.

One neighbor told us, "I don't want my family surrounded by polygamists."

Another was upset because now her young children are asking her about polygamy -- and now she plans on moving. She told us,  "I am not tolerating the polygamists or their TV show in my neighborhood."

0131_sister_wives_moving_footer

Missy Bancroft

Post #23 Squeaky

What makes you think that Utah wants the Polyg's? This subject runs pretty deep there, they had to outlaw it in order to become a state. I would be wiling to bet that most Utahns are even more against Polygamy than the rest of the country. It isn't a Mormon issue either because Mormons are totally against it. Yes the original Mormon church had Polygamists, but that all ended a long time ago. I can tell you that mainstream Mormons hate having Polygamy associated with their religion. These Polygamists are part of off shoot religions. They have all these children and most of their wives are on welfare because technicaly they are single mothers, they abuse the system use medicaid and food stamps. I think that they high tailed it out of Utah to avoid prosecution for bigamy, I believe that is the real reason why they suddenly relocated to Nevada. Kody Brown needs to marry Nadya Sulemann.

kake79

Wait. These people live in SIN City (drinking, gambling, legalized prostitution) and they have an issue with a polygamist? I'm confused...

lizz

this dude is so creepy.... lol and those pathetic women fall for it.

so sad

exqzmee

To the idiot neighbor who wants to move - good luck finding a bubble big enough for your family. Grow the heII up. If you need a bandwagon to jump on there are rapists and child molesters all over that you can focus your energy on. This family, that's right I said FAMILY is not doing anything to you. Don't be so quick to jusge, I'm sure there is somethign about you I would absolutely hate, oh wait a minute there already is. Hater!

chrissy

I think moving where they did was a very poor decision. Living in Utah people are use to Polygamist because it is basically the freaking polygamist capital of the US but Vegas is not use to them and are going to have a hard time accepting them

Colleen Brooks

Why is this such a big deal??? Everyone deserves to find the right home for them, and this family seems like their full of love. Is it so bad for our children to see this? I am not a poligamist, nor do I plan to become one, but that doesn't mean that their way of life is wrong! It's the same as saying being gay is wrong or being a different race is wrong. None of these things are wrong and people need to wake the hell up! stop judging people and pay attention to your own life. Embrace new experiences and just be happy. We ALL only get one life to live, so make the best out of it and don't worry about unimportant things.

gwen

I really believe that this is for Cody and for god to deal with. I think it is time that all of us who sin in some fashion stop being hypocrites and even though we don't accept this lifestyle, we are not the final say. I wouldn't move or judge them if I was their neighbor..it is the neighbors now that are causing any possible drama. Live and let live. My belief is for everyone except for the people who touch innocent children and change their lives forever..that is a problem that we in the world need to take care of.

Anonymous

Polyandry, polygyny, polygamy, etc...these lifestyles are accepted in other cultures. Kody and the wives aren't asking you to join them. This is their choice. The children are cared for and appear happy. The women chose their lifestyle and can leave any time. One has her college degree and owns her own business, another is working on her college degree and was working until some self righteous types interferred with her job and the others are at home with the kids. If you divide it out-each woman has Kody 25% of the time leaving them with more time to do what they want. The sister wives provide support for each other. One woman commented that if something happened to her that she knew her child would be well cared for by the others. Communes in this country in the 1960...'s received less fanfare...

misty

they are people just like us who cares if he is married to 4 women thats non of are concern just let them be happy just like u and me

Chaps

"Gay, straight,bi, transgendered, polygamous....love is a good thing in all forms. Tolerance people.."

You realize, dont you, that Utah plyggers are racist homophobic bigots, right?

I hope TMZ keeps the camera on them, its a countdown till Nevada gives them the boot too.

Why do you think they left plygger friendly Utardia?

Chaps

Just what Vegas needed, a new freak show in town. As if it wasnt a big enough circus. Since these clowns dont bring revenue, only disgust, I give them less than a year.

BTW if you havent heard how polygamists treat their own children, read up on it.

Be ready to be shocked.

What would shock you?

Incest?

A 12 yr old marrying a geezer?

Its all there.

Kody has a glossy face on his little cult, but let me tell you he is keeping a lot secret, like what they believe in that makes them better than everyone else, and why they hate gays and people of color.

Or, keep your head in the sand and sing Kumbaya to yourself.

WLou

Freaks moving to Vegas? Good! That's where they belong.

BlackBeauty

Personally I really don't care about their life style. If everyone in that relationship is happy who are we to question them. We all have to answer to a high power one day for our action let he be the judge.

exqzmee

nicole

He's trying to look all GQ, but, you really gotta scrape the bottom of the barrel to find a woman that will share her husband...just saying.