'Cake Boss' Star Dead at 63

2/1/2011 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sal Picinich -- the baker of the TLC series "Cake Boss" -- has died of cancer at the age of 63.

Sal Picinich Dead
Sal worked for 45 years at Carlo's Bakery in Hoboken, NJ, where the show is taped.

He is survived by his wife Lucille and two sons.

BSweet

OMG, that's so sad! I like the show, and I love their family values. I mean, they all work in the bakery like families used to do. I think that's cool, compared to what we do today...cubicle....

RIP, Sal!

Sonicman

RIP Sal

But has anyone noticed that it says that this article is posted 40 minutes ago but they put in the second page. That is mean TMZ!!!!!!

Whirligig

I hope the funeral cake you receive is amazing.

joe murphy

im so sorry for ur loss .....now hes baking with ur dad.

saynotolies

So sorry for your loss Buddy, and the rest of the Carlos Bakery family as well. My favorite episode with Sal is the one where he came up with the idea for the wedding cake with the many brides different tastes. The "old style" of the waterfall bridge cake?
He will be dearly missed....

Muppet

RIP Sal.

Rick

First a little note. How is this breaking news. The ending screen at the end of the episode last night there was an In Memory Of. . . closing screen for Sal. Now my deepest condolences to Buddy and the rest of the Carlo's family. I know how important Sal was to the family and especially to Buddy. Sal will be greatly missed by the whole family. Hang in there Buddy. Time heals all wounds. This makes the emlpoyee of the century award that Buddy gave Sal, at the 100th anniversary street festival, have even more meaning. Have fun up there or where ever you are making cakes with Buddy Sr. again and watch over the family with Buddy Sr. RIP Sal

Ann McMaster

I am so sad to hear this. I've watched the show for a while now and feel like the whole cast is family and I feel I've know them even better after reading the book "Cake Boss". My condolenses go out to the whole family. RIP Sal.

Jann

Deepest condolenses to Sal's Family and all of the "Cake Boss" Family.

diane

Mr. Picinich was a great man and will be deeply missed by all who knew him. there was a mistake though...he is survived by his wife, and his son Sal and daughter Danielle. He doesn't have two sons. I just left his wake and it was very emotional for everyone there. RIP Mr. Picinich!

B

Ah, that's sad. I liked watching him on the show, he always seemed a little more...calm...than everyone else.