Jon Cryer -- Time on His Hands

2/1/2011 11:14 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jon Cryer has been involuntarily freed from pesky tasks like learning his lines on "Two and a Half Men" -- at least temporarily while Charlie Sheen figures out his life ... and there's an upside for his kid.

0221_media_removed-1
Jon picked up 10-year-old Charlie from school Monday in L.A.

They say the best things in life are free.  Good thing, because according to documents obtained by TMZ ... Cryer is losing $400,000 an episode while Charlie is MIA.

kev

YOU PEOPLE ARE ALL IDIOTS.... HE IS LOSING HALF OF HIS SALARY WHILE THE SHOW IS NOT ON... HE MAKES 800K AN EPISODE YOU F.UCKING IGNORANT PPL.

Julie

I love Jon Cryer, but I am totally IN LOVE with Ducky. I bet Andie Molly Ringwald regrets chosing Blane everyday of her life.

Joann

I know he's pissed. Losing out on his $400,000 salary and I think he said sometime back he just purchased a home. Hopefully Jon's contract has a clause that will allow him to pick up some cash doing other things until the show comes back on...if it comes back on.

Lori

Stop baggin' on the dude...I like Cryer, he finally got a good gig and the IDIOT Sheen is going to eff it up for everyone.

DUMP Sheen...let his contract play out...whatever, no loss, and call it TWO MEN and a Corpse...the kid is a man now, bury the "Uncle Charlie" character and move on...

Lori

Doesn't Cryer have enough problems...what with a CrAzY ex wife trying to bump him off? Wasn't that the last bit of news on him?.

Sorry dude...the people around you are trying to kill not only YOU but your career...sucks.

always

I love Berta I wish she had a show of her own.

Waldo

with all that money you would think you could dress your son in more up to date basketball shorts ! He looks like a dweeb.. Try the NBA store next time, dork

Atillathegun

Since Smoking Charlie is the main draw of that show Jon and the 2&1/2 ton kid had better get use to crying.

Judy

With $400,000 he should be able to buy his son longer shorts

Brit

He should put this time off to good use and get some hair plugs done....

charlene

What a loser Charlie Sheen is he should be thrown off the damm show it is not fair to the stars on the show. Why should the rest of the cast suffer for him being so unreliable as a drug addict,alcholic, and perverted pig!!

Lori

What is wrong with you people?...leave the kid alone...I bet you are the same posters that say "DON'T TALK ABOUT MICHAEL JACKSONS FAKE SON!" but will bag on this guys kid...

Leave the boy alone..sheesh

J

........Maybe since he's got some 'time' on his hands.........HE OUGHT to FILL in for whomever they select for the Regis Replacement........he is funny, and personable.......just might add a little fun to the show!

Enough Already

It's too bad that TV shows have to (or so they say) rely on just one person to make or break a show. A TV series is a TEAM effort and last time I looked, there is no "I" in TEAM. (I know..old cliche, but one that holds true here). I'm liking the ideas of those suggested and write Sheen's character out for a bit. They could so do that. Why punish those who have done nothing and have everything to lose because this one person, the supposed "star", who has messed things up everyone involved. As they say (or at least used to) in Hollywood, "THE SHOW MUST GO ON!!".....

Bill

His pattern badness is PERFECT for hair transplants...unlike mine.